Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Resto Shammy - Ignetos

4 posters

Go down

[Declined]Resto Shammy - Ignetos Empty [Declined]Resto Shammy - Ignetos

Post  Ignetos Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Ignetos
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: BEERBEER
Armory Link: Armoury doesn't seem to like my character, here is the wowheroes link http://wow-heroes.com/character/us/Barthilas/Ignetos/
Talent Spec: Restoration - 3/7/31
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec: My current spec is the pretty much the norm for a resto shammy in 5 mans at this stage. I put 2/2 points into Totemic Focus, seems somewhat of a useless stat other than the fact that it increases the duration of my mana tide totem by 40% aswell. 2/2 points went into Cleansing waters as in the 5 mans, alot of debuffs that need to be dispelled are ticking ones, hence the heal makes it viable. In the second tier of the enhancement tree I decided to put 2/2 points into Ancestral Swiftness. This speed increase is essential to raiding (avoiding fire etc) and the insta ghost wolf is very handy on that special occasion when you need to bail quickly.

Glyphs: My glyhps seem pretty standard at this stage of the expansion. Earth Shield, Riptide and Water shield. Since the changes to shammy healing, water shield for mana, with riptide and earth shield glyphs essential for the new healing style. The major glyphs are Healing wave, Chain heal and Healing Stream totem. All fairly self explanatory.

Gemming: Currently, I am gemming for Intellect. With the changes to shammy, haste doesn't have the use anymore as chain heal has virtually become useless. The increased mana pool as well as spell power increases the healing done by the stock healing wave, as well as a larger mana pool so that mana isnt an issue.

What makes you an exceptional player?: I've had a lot of experience now in leadership and leading raids which has made me quite aware of myself and others. I have strong knowledge in my own class but have also knowledge in playing a fury warrior. On top of this, I have now cleared all the content in the game, making me definitely an asset and not a liability. All these qualities along with my strong attendance and communication in fights where/when required set me out from the pack.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, flickr, imageshack, tinypic): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/17483172.png/

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I've been playing for nearly 2 years
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
Pre-BC
Didn't play at all during Classic

BC
- Karazhan
Once again didn't play, however have entered a few.

WOTLK
- Naxx 10/25. Undying in 10
- Sarth 10/25. Both with 3D
- Eye of Eternity
- ToGC 10/25. Also have Grand Crusader 10m
- 11/12 HM ICC 10, 9/12 ICC25 HM
- Ruby Sanctum 10/25

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Our guild recently transfered over from Aman'thul (commonly known as Aman'Fail) and it seems that we didnt have the numbers that we were told we were going to have. This has created disharmony amongst the guild and things are pretty bent at the moment. As for my personal reasons, I was an officer in this guild and spent many hours organising healers during WOTLK expansion, gearing them, giving them specs, new rotations etc and found this very fun. I raid, thats what I love.

It seems that once cata hit we ran into a brick wall. Going from 9/12 everyweek in ICC25HM to No raiding at all has taken its toll. If you want to look it up, I am currently ranked top 10 for resto shammies on the server. Seems pretty good for someone who hasnt stepped foot in a raid.

My current guild is BEERBEER, it seems we wont be raiding anytime soon and I am not willing to sit back and do nothing on the character that I love to play and spent alot of time gearing so I could start raiding straight away

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Matt
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, QLD, GMT+9???
Regular play time: Am currently rostered on pretty fulltime shiftwork, but play as often as I can. Mostly around 5/6 hours a day.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): The only day that I cannot make at this stage is Sunday, as I dont finish work until 8ST.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I believe Proxy is the guild for me. I want to join a serious guild and experience a higher level of raiding content. I was sick of 'carrying; other members through the WOTLK content and feel that I will fit in extremely well with my ability
How did you hear about us? Before transferring I checked out the wow progression site to see what top end guilds were available for me.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Not at this stage. I did run a icc25 pre expansion on an alt and carried my weight, seemed like a nice bunch of blokes to raid with

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Q6600 Quad Core, 4gb RAM, 8800 GTX+ 1MB
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra. ADSL2+, 100gb a month
Do you disconnect often? Hardly ever.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No as my ping is usually very stable

Ignetos

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Resto Shammy - Ignetos Empty Re: [Declined]Resto Shammy - Ignetos

Post  Ignetos Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:07 am

I must say I am very disappointed that after 5 days I have not had a single reply on this application.

Ignetos

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

You applied a few days after Christmas and just before New Years (aka a time when a lot of people are away) and you're disappointed?

Anyway, took a look at the Wowheroes link - I'm not sure if it's up to date or not, but here is my take on your character:
- Professions: You have LW - good prof, but only at 235? I understand that you get the bracer enchant at 500 so why is that still at such a low level?
Skinning may be good for making a bit of coin early expac, but since you are looking to raid the professions which give you the max amount of int is what I thought you would be looking for (i.e. JC)

- The gear that appears under your resto spec is shown as having no enchants at all...is that a bug with the site? (i hope so) Your armory link seems to be working, but it's got your elemental spec up at the moment
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/ignetos/simple

- Going by your armory; not exalted with Therazane for the shoulder chant and not revered with Guardians of Hyjal for the caster helm chant.

Will leave any spec related comments to the rshams Wink
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:13 am

First of all, when you apped and you told me, I said that we most likely wouldn't reply until the 5th of Jan cause we're not really raiding 25s.
That and if you want to be accessed properly, you should really log out in the gear and spec that you're applying as.

Skinning + Unlevelled LWing. Skinning isn't a raiding profession and LW is nice, only if it's levelled.
None of your gear is enchanted
Using a staff instead of weapon + shield
No belt buckle
You've reforged crit off for haste which isn't bad but then you reforged haste on your belt into crit.

Spec is alright but you could just get runspeed+stam on your boots and get the improved range on totems talent. Running out of things isn't that hard, you really don't need isntant ghostwolf for it. There's also spiritwalker's grace for casting while moving.
You should also look into glyph of stoneclaw totem. It may sound like a pvp glyph but a 20k absorb or so is beyond useful.

As for your UI, looks like you click some major cooldowns like trinkets, NS, tide.

Also, do you honestly expect a quick reply if it looks like you've put 0 effort in making yourself and your application look good and worthwhile?
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 am

nope.
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content