Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Blaqq - Resto druid

+3
Fozby
banannas
Blaqq
7 posters

Go down

[Declined]Blaqq - Resto druid Empty [Declined]Blaqq - Resto druid

Post  Blaqq Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:35 pm

Player Information
Character Name:Blaqq
Server:Barthilas
Current Guild: On the Dyno
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Blaqq
Talent Spec: resto
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec: My spec is fairly standard, the points in living seed, empowered touch and natures grace allow me to be a powerful tank healer if the situation arrises such as tank healers being picked up by valks and soul reaper being put onto the tank, im able to undertake the task with relative ease. The rest of the talents are fairly self explanitory and are genreally required if you are to be a compitent resto druid.

Glyphs: Again, my glyphs are fairly standard. WG - pretty self explnitory. Swiftmend - a must have for any resto druid who has a clue. Rapid Rejuv - this glyph is very helpful with bursts of raid damage such as in phase transitions on H LK where the normal tick time of rejuv would not be fast enough to get someone out of the red in time. i also may swap WG out for rejuv if i feel the need but that is all situational.

Gems: i am gemming SP, SP/hatse and SP/spirit which is the norm for resto druid, i will be gemming full SP once i get a haste offhand, but to maintain my 1sec GCD i must gem haste.

What makes you an exceptional player? The fact that i am able to play my role in a raid to my max potential. I feel that i can be aware of what is going on within a raid and watch my raid frames along with calling things out on vent and somtimes watching other people backs is somthing i think that makes any raider exceptional. it is sad that these days having 100% raid awareness is somthing u find in 10% of people in ICC. i also think my ablilty to undetake aditional roles within a raid and during a fight makes me an exceptional player.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/blaqq.jpg/

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 2 years

What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)

vanilla: i didnt play, my brother showed my wow but i thought it looked really crap, so i continued playing N64 non stop, Zelda: oot mostly (was worth it IMO)

BC: started when Sunwell came out, so i just got gruul and kara done, wasnt really a raider at that point.

Wrath:
finished naxx 10/25 with undying
Uld: have my 10 man drake and 1 ach off my 25 man drake
TOTC: have insanity on 10 man, and 4/5 TOGC on 25 man
ICC: done 11/12 HM on 10 man with my drake, and 11/12 HM on 25 with , 1 ach off my drake(was sick when we did it)
RS: 10 man heroic, 25 man norm done.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? The guys at Dyno are great but i want to be able to experience end game content.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? just Stylin/onthedyno

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): Moey

Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, Sydney

Regular play time: afternoons until late.

Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): yes

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy? i want to experience high end raid content with competent players

How did you hear about us? people are talking

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Bannanas

Can this person vouch for you? yes (hopefully)

Why should we accept you into Proxy? I think you should accept me because i am a player who knows my class inside out and am able to do my job to the best of my ability, meaning i dont let
conflicts and other problems impact of my ability to play my class, and i understand in such a guild i am representing "proxy" to other guilds and that i am representing my self as a player to others in the guild.

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo?yes

Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?yes

List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):intel core 2 duo e8500 3.17GHz, 2gb ram, nvidia 9800 GTX+

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? iinet, Adsl 2+, usually sitting at 300ms.

Do you disconnect often? no

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? no need

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: I feel that healing meters tend to favour certain classes on certain bosses, but if you require one i can get it from my next raid which would be thursday at the latest, sorry.

Blaqq

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Blaqq - Resto druid Empty Re: [Declined]Blaqq - Resto druid

Post  banannas Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:11 pm

+1 for me. Good attendance Good resto droood Good guy.
Think we need a resto druid anyway and if not it will be nice to have him on board for Cata.

banannas

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Blaqq wrote:

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: I feel that healing meters tend to favour certain classes on certain bosses, but if you require one i can get it from my next raid which would be thursday at the latest, sorry.

they do, but still its pretty useful so link it whenever u can plx

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:40 pm

why no 4 piece? from what ive read and heard it was amazing to have. pretty much a free heal when it procs
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Viskus Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:28 am

Would have torn this app apart back in the day... but I just can't be bothered anymore.

Short list without a novel for who cares enough to read:
No WWS - it's not about favour, it's about how you heal.
UI - Shit
Rapid Rejuv - :/
No 4 Piece - :/
Gems : SP/SPI -> SP/INT or just int.... what
Attendance - 100% well your better than most there so you might be in with a shot!

Haven't looked at your character, but goodluck with your application
Viskus
Viskus

http://www.wilkindesign.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:59 am

no 4pc =/ also incombat screenshot plox being able 2 see boss mods and warnings is good Very Happy
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaqq Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:09 am

Just to answer Viskus's questions
- I will be putting a WWS up asap, i understand that you want to see what spells i use and how much.
- I myself think that my UI is great, its what i feel compfortable with and if im able to play to the best of my ability with this UI i see no problem. In the end its how the individual feels about it.
- Rapid Rejuv - i feel this glyph is great for particular fights and particular raid compositions, for example, in a fight like H LK, the glyph would be really helpful because raid damage is not constant throughout all phases and when there is raid damage it is quite rapid and in little bursts, but for fights such as blood queen, festergut or sindragosa, this glyph can cause me to not be able to completely cover a whole raid since it reduces the duration with haste, in these cases i swap rapid rejuv out for rejuv or nourish.
- 4 pc - at the moment if i am to put my four piece on it would make me lose my 1 sec GCD, i was waiting for a haste offhand to balence out the loss but i havnt been lucky. BUT i do swap out my crit bracers for TOTC haste ones and pop on the 4 pieces for certain fights such as BQL, fester, sindra and possibly halion. Using the haste offhand would casue me to go just short of the 1 sec GCD but from the research i have been doing on the piece it seems it is doing about 4-5% on aura tick fight , which isnt too bad and about the same as what trauma does, maybe a little less.
@ megarambo - ill get an SS of me in combat tonight and pop it up.

Blaqq

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaqq Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:14 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/recount.jpg/ - this is an SS or my healing charts in a 25 VoA.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/combatq.jpg/ - and this is an SS on me in combat

Thanks for your time.

Blaqq

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:17 am

why dont you just gem the haste to reach the haste cap with 4 piece? isnt the 4piece amazing enough to swap gems for it? (since they found out how the 4piece really works)
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:41 am

are you using anything to track your HoTs on grid?

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaqq Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:47 am

I dont really track specific hots on individual players, but if i do have a hot on som1 a green box appears on the bottom left of their health bar.
And i could gem haste for the 4 pc but i have heard ALOT of differing views of the 4 pc, many people telling me its crap (i think i recall talking to seitarou about it) and others saying its decent, and now ive done some research, looking at some logs and its seems to do some decent healing, so i may chuck like 3 hatse gems to put me on the cap and once i get lucky enough to grab a haste offhand i can swap those back to SP.

Blaqq

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 am

it works like a smart heal and its a free heal it will jump from one target to the target that needs it the most in range without a rejuv and it doesnt over ride current rejuvs from yourself already on a target.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:10 am

how do you track stacks of lifebloom on a tank? apart from a dot on grid do u have anything to tell you how many stacks its at and duration? i know most druids prob dont use it on 11/12 fights but i think its pretty key 2 have lifeblooms on tanks during h lk

also what about debuffs on people like unchained magic or infest do they show on grid aswell?
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaqq Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:38 am

My grid tracks all important dubuffs such as unchained magic, mystic buffet, soul reaper, the MC on deathwhisper, all curses all poisens all diseases and all magic debuffs. As for stacks of lifebloom, i havnt been tracking them, it hasnt been as game breaking as ive just been farming 11/12 but ive come to understand that these small things tend to make the difference on fights like H LK and H halion. i can easily change this though.

Blaqq

Back to top Go down

Post  Viskus Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:40 am

Blaqq wrote:H LK and H halion
Not sure why people always compare the current content for what they should and shouldn't do. H Lich king is on farm for most guilds now, just like it's predecessors like anub, yogg etc etc etc
It's not really about what should be done on a certain end game boss at the present that is being pointed out.
101 for druid - your a hot healer, you should be tracking every god damn hot you have, duration, stacks or buff/debuff for a particular heal.

Pally's use healbot and grid lolz(insert pally flame). Real healers use other means to track and heal targets.

Visk
Viskus
Viskus

http://www.wilkindesign.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Pretty sure Lucki isn't a real holy pally
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down