Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App.

+2
Chrondor
Moonpidgeon
6 posters

Go down

[Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App. Empty [Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App.

Post  Moonpidgeon Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:13 am

Character Name: Moonpidgeon
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Just transfered.
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Moonpidgeon
Talent Spec: Balance 32/0/4
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: Just your basic Balance spec, nothing speical about what i'v done. (Didnt take Moonglow cause i dont seem to have a problem with mana atm.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Moonpidgeon&group=1
Glyphs: Prime - IS MF SF. Major - Focus SF Thorns (not really a raiding glyph, Will be using Glyph of Innervate for raiding)
Gemming: I am currently Gemming Int and Haste, got 1 int/spirit for my meta to work. But i try to get as many of my socket bonuses using int and haste as i can.
What makes you an exceptional player?: My experience and my dedication. I helped my last guild achieve alot of the server first kills, which ment early starts and late nights. I generally do alot of strat reading so i know what to do when the time comes.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface
https://2img.net/h/i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo214/bearmace77/WoWScrnShot_112010_151851.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started playing about a mouth after the game was released, took a break for 6 mouths when BC first come out.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
I didnt get to do much Pre-BC raids due to the fact i was in a US guild. But i got to see some MC, BWL, ZG and AQ20.

BC i joined up with a cool guild that basically tought me how to raid.
Sunwell - Full clear (after patch)
BT - full clear
SSC - Clear
TK - Clear

Wrath, Still in the same guild we got all the server first kills as i recall.
25 ICC HM 11-12

(I played Aion to 50 then quit, played SWG for a bit, Maple story for a year)

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? As of Patch 4.0.1 most of the key members in the guild left to form there own 10man guild for cata, there are still some people in the guild but they had no intensions to continue raiding. I transdered to Barthilas to play with some RL friends as a casual player but soon got bored.
I was with Inexorable on Cealestrasz for 3 years.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): tim
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, QLD, Gladstone, GMT+10
Regular play time: After work hours, anytime after 5pm.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes. May get called into work to attend Break downs (unlikly tho).

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I come from a serious raiding guild and i am looking for a new home. You guys seem like a pritty switched on team.
How did you hear about us? General Forum Browsing ( And your guild name comes up when you google Barthilas)
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? None, but i play nice.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Q9450 Quad Core, 4gb RAM, 295 GTX+ 2GB
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Westnet. 8Mb connection, 200gb a month
Do you disconnect often? Dont disconnect.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Lowerping
I have a tunnels account do use it tho.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: havnt raided since 4.0

Last edited by Moonpidgeon on Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App. Empty Re: [Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App.

Post  Chrondor Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:28 am

didnt get past the point where u missed the "Please put a screenshot of your current interface".

Chrondor

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App. Empty Re: [Declined] Balance Druid, Raiding App.

Post  ineedtofu Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:33 am

Removing the word important doesn't mean you can skip the question
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonpidgeon Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:57 am

Done.

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fubu Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi there Moonpidgeon,

I am Fuju, one of the two full time Moonkins in <Proxy>.

Few comments that should help with your gearing and glyphs. I understand you might not have had specific gear dropping for you, but there are a few simple things that would improve your dps.

Gear

a) It would be better to use the Tier Helm. You need the haste, and it is pretty easy to pick up the hit that you will lose.

b) You should be trying to wear all leather off peices to get the leather bonus of 5% stats. To achieve this, you should purchase the 264 leather belt that has the same stats as your 10 man heroic cloth one, from justice points. And if possible obtain some leather bracers from 10 man, 25 man Rs/Icc or even Togc/Toc.

c) If you are going to use a pvp cloak, it would be better to get the haste cloak (subjugation i believe) as haste has a higher statweight that crit, until you reach 1408 haste rating.

d) You have one 10 int/10 crit gem in your helm that should be 10 int/10 haste, but you are going to get the tier helm and gem it with 20 int anyway.

Glyphs

The Glyphs you should be using:

Prime; Moonfire, Insect Swarm and Wrath.
Wrath is now better than using the starfire glyph.

Major; Starfall, Then a choice out of these three; Innervate, Thorns or Rebirth.
However you are using glyph of focus. I would suggest not using this glyph as one of the great things about starfall is it's large range. It is not worth losing 50% of this range for 10% more of dmg. Most encounters where starfall is most useful require the extra range.

Minor; Not important but will list anyway; Unburdened Rebirth, Motw and Dash are the most useful.

For a more comprehensive guide visit elitist jerks, it is all layed out for you. http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-druid_balance_pve_updated_4_0_1_a/

Other than what I have stated you seem to be going in the right direction. We would need to see how you play and any logs or screenshots of some of your raid dps would be appreciated.

We currently have two very good full time Moonkins.

Personally I pride myself on my dps uptime. In ICC content, what makes you stand out?
Fubu
Fubu

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Fubu wrote:b) You should be trying to wear all leather off peices to get the leather bonus of 5% stats. To achieve this, you should purchase the 264 leather belt that has the same stats as your 10 man heroic cloth one, from justice points. And if possible obtain some leather bracers from 10 man, 25 man Rs/Icc or even Togc/Toc.
could just craft those 245 bracers as well im pretty sure the 5% increased int will be far superior
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonpidgeon Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Thank you for the advice will fix this right away.

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Fubu Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:48 pm

ineedtofu wrote:
Fubu wrote:b) You should be trying to wear all leather off peices to get the leather bonus of 5% stats. To achieve this, you should purchase the 264 leather belt that has the same stats as your 10 man heroic cloth one, from justice points. And if possible obtain some leather bracers from 10 man, 25 man Rs/Icc or even Togc/Toc.
could just craft those 245 bracers as well im pretty sure the 5% increased int will be far superior

Yeh I forgot about the crafted bracers, (even though I am an lw, lol).

You should definitely get these crafted. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=67141.

Then you will need another 10 int/10 spirit gem to cover your meta, which you can put in your Ring of Rapid Ascent to get the 5sp bonus.

These bracers will also help you regain some of the hit you lost from swapping to the tier helm. If you have no other gear to swap around to get this hit back, instead of getting the pvp haste cloak, get the justice points cloak (drape of the violet tower) http://www.wowhead.com/item=50468. This should cover all of the hit you lost.
Fubu
Fubu

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

if you need the hit cant u make a spirit or a hit piece get more spirit/hit and get double benefit from one item?
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  chivdoc Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:13 pm

Fubu wrote:
We currently have two very good full time Moonkins.

Personally I pride myself on my dps uptime. In ICC content, what makes you stand out?
chivdoc
chivdoc
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonpidgeon Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 am

What makes me stand out.... Big Chicken comes to mind Razz
But really, I am a raider who comes prepared to raids knows the boss fights and have all my consumables ready for the night. In the way of DPS i can still learn alot and i should have done a bit more research about 4.0 druid before i made a fool of myself like that.
In ICC content, well i know and have dont all the HM, will need little to no training to pick up your strats. Even tho i have not downed HM LK my last guild was getting to phase 3 so i know that fight pritty well. Like i Said before i can still learn alot in the way of moonkin dps, so im not going to be a meter topping DPS atm, but i am willing to learn.

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:02 pm

Nice ui.
Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonpidgeon Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:05 pm

i like standard, no clutter etc. Grid, Decursive, DBM (only runs in the background, i dont use it for my timers), RW2 (I Use this one for my raid timers cause it looks pritty), SnA (Druid timers), Tidy plates and PAC (power Aura Classic), Elko Buff bars. And recount and MSBT and alot of other stuff that you dont really need for raids.
I dont use different Frames cause i just cant seem to get the hang of them. Normally i use Bartender to just cant make it work?

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Bartender is working, they just put in this addition of a blizzard art bar, have a look in the bar types on bartender and you'll see it
Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Moonpidgeon Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:27 pm

yea i got it working, go go troll moonkin form.

Moonpidgeon

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:34 pm

not interested, too much advice given
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down