Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position )

+2
Fozby
giant1186
6 posters

Go down

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Empty [Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position )

Post  giant1186 Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 am

Player Information
Character Name: Gìant
Server: Dath'remar
Current Guild: None
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&cn=G%C3%ACant
Talent Spec: 31/2/3 Assassination

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: My current spec is a replica of the highest damage output Assassination spec with a small adjustment to the amount of points in Precision and Relentless strikes. This is due to nearly being hit capped and the advantage Relentless strikes gives on enemy's with lower health. (such as on Dreamwalker) It provides me with a higher chance to gain energy or in other words gives me more burst damage.
Glyphs: My glyphs are the standard of any good rogue. Mutilate, which is self explainatory, Vendetta to increase the time of the spell by 20% and Rupture which increases the uptime by 4 seconds, this is very helpful with keeping my rotation smooth.
Gemming: Since 4.0 i have changed my gems from pure haste to a combination of agility and haste, this is due to the slight change in its EP values and talents (with more haste came faster attacks and more attacks came more crits resulting in more energy gained.) With the talent changes haste is slightly less attractive and agility got a outstandingly high EP value.

What makes you an exceptional player?** Important Question **
I believe what makes me an exceptional player is that I've been playing my rogue as my main for 4 years now and have become very knowledgeable. I've raided nearly all my WoW life and have become experienced and very raid aware and can adapt to the way new groups do things. My attendance to raids is very high and during my 9 months in an older guild i missed 2 raids. having cleared nearly all content thus far makes me believe that i could be a great addition to your team.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): ** REQUIRED - Healer UI's need to be in raid **

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Myui.th

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? just over 4 years

What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
Pre-BC
- Unfortunately I was leveling during the time of Pre-BC raiding and hit 60 a day before the Burning crusade was released.
All content was completed in WOTLK & BC

BC
- Karazhan
- Grull's
- Magtheridon
- SSC
- Hyjal
- BT - Only got to kill 3 bosses, this was due to my BC raiding guilds times changing and I was unable to make them as they were raiding on a US realm
BT & other content has all been completed during WOTLK

WOLTK
- Naxx 10/25
- Sarth 10/25 - Both with 3D
- Eye of Eternity
- Ulduar 10/25 All hardmodes - Both drakes
- ToC 10/25
- ToGC 10
- ICC 10/25
- ICC HM 11/12 (I never really did 10 mans but the week I went we got Heroic LK to 14%, also had over 3 months - 3 nights a week for 4-5 hrs on heroic LK 25)
- Ruby Sanctum 10/12

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Mac Supremacy: During my week break the guild leader kicked nearly everyone and about 10 of them xfered to Blackrock. I didn't feel like following a guild leader who clicked everything, used no add-ons and was .... * insert bad words here*

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
- Dark Phoenix Sentinals - Pre-BC >> Ulduar
- Tempest - Ulduar >> ToGC
- WipE - ICC > ICC HM

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Chris
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): 9:30 Australian Standard Time > South Australia
Regular play time: When ever im not at work.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes i can make all times Except on Thursdays i might be 30 Mins late or so depending on my work hours.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to join Proxy because it is a serious raiding guild and will enable me to become a more experienced player.
How did you hear about us? Browsing oceanic guilds
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No
Can this person vouch for you? No Sad he doesn't Exist
Why should we accept you into Proxy?** Important Question **
I believe i should be accepted into Proxy because i am a experienced player always trying to improve myself, with this said i think i would be a great addition to the guild.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Moving house in a Few weeks and got 3 grand saved up to buy a New gaming computer. Currently - Intel core duo CPU > 2GB RAM > Very old Nvidia graphics card - everything runs smoothy - 50 FPS while in Dalaran - 30 while raiding but ill be drastically improving this setup.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? ADSL2+ Telstra
Do you disconnect often? No
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No, but ive done the registry trick and its lowered my ms to around 240-270

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: Our guild leader kept the WoL's away where you needed to be accepted to see the reports but I got my officer friend to take a SS of one because it was the day where i got in the top 100 dps out of all rogue reports on saurfang, unfortunetly its before the 4.0 patch.

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Pre40ss.th

As I cant currently raid to retrieve a new one id be happy to do a pie chart break down on a training dummy if yous would like.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thankyou for taking the time to read my application Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

giant1186

Back to top Go down

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Empty Re: [Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position )

Post  Fozby Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:12 am

Does your UI hide some of your keybinds? (Eg 1st and 3rd rows -tricks, cooldowns, etc)

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Empty Re: [Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position )

Post  giant1186 Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 am

Fozby wrote:Does your UI hide some of your keybinds? (Eg 1st and 3rd rows -tricks, cooldowns, etc)

This is a new UI that i just started setting up last night, i havent set up all my keybinds but i usually have r t f c v b z x Ctrl F Ctrl C , and some mouse buttons bound.

[Declined]80 Assassination Rogue ( Wotlk & Cata Raiding position ) Keybindings.th

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:39 am

Usually when we ask what experience have you had in previous content, we mean at the time in which that was the "current" content.

All content was completed in WOTLK & BC

So you only did the Heroic dungeons and tier 4 content of Burning Crusade before WotLK.

I say this cause the other stuff you didn't do IE: Vashj, Kael, Archimonde, Illidan and Muru/KJ you didn't complete before november 2008, and did in 2010.

BT & other content has all been completed during WOTLK

Even tho you said that, go into more detail, unless you were hoping for the chance that someone didn't notice.

"SSC, TK, MountHyjal, BT and Sunwell have all been completed in WotLK 2010."

These fights alone back then were what raiders loved to do, and showed skill, before they nerfed the fuck out of this content, thought it was good and made WotLK like this, up till Heroic LK.

Now with WotLK, you completed most if not all in 2010. Please Specifiy! It was one thing doing 3D in 10 and 25 now by zerging it, but it was another to actually do it when it was "the shit" back in early 2009.

Sooooooo current content you completed at the time was:
-Hailion Normal 25 & 10
-ICC 11/12 H 10
-ICC 11/12 H 25

Thanks

Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  giant1186 Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 pm

The reason for saying it has now been completed in woltk bla bla its just to inform you that if say... A raid was to be changed to 80 like naxx was I no the fights and so on. Due to school during BC i wasnt really a big raider as i had always been on a US realm. since my change to AUS realms ive become a hardcore raider.

as I posted

BC
- Karazhan
- Grull's
- Magtheridon
- SSC
- Hyjal
- BT - Only got to kill 3 bosses, this was due to my BC raiding guilds times changing and I was unable to make them as they were raiding on a US realm

All of the above was completed when it was just released and was "the shit" on my rogue or druid. and the rest of the BC content such as sunwell Ect was completed after patch 3.0

During WOLTK i defeated yogg 2 lights when it was "the shit" as well as 3d on my moonkin.

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Dawson wrote: Go into more detail

TLDR version.

No where did i see what you had done previously on your ap on another character.
Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Hi there, few things I'm curious about.

Why have you picked the Vendetta glyph over Backstab glyph?
10 stats gem, aren't there any other alternatives?
You've skipped alot of blue sockets, why?
Berserking v Mongoose, explain your decision.
Icewalker to boots, any alternatives?
What stats do you reforge? Your stats seem a bit odd, especially your hit.

I also notice that you lack any timers for your trinkets or noticeable icd timers letting you know when it's going to pop up again, I'd highly recommend using one especially if you're running with 2 proc trinkets, good for letting you know when you can pool, blood fury, haste pot, vendetta etc.

Oh yeah and on that note, bind a haste pot and a healthstone or something.

Edit: Also how do you see % of your target's hp (so you know when execute phase is)?
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  giant1186 Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 am

Hi there, few things I'm curious about.

Why have you picked the Vendetta glyph over Backstab glyph?
As my guild was mainly focusing LK and we never got past 30% i found that vendetta was more beneficial but i change it for other fights.

10 stats gem, aren't there any other alternatives?

Changed to agility hit

You've skipped alot of blue sockets, why?

Only had one other blue socket in my belt and I've changed that to receive the socket bonus. Thanks.

Berserking v Mongoose, explain your decision.

Old Weapon Enchants: [Berserking] MH, [Berserking] OH
EP Value of Berserking: 400 x 1 = 400 EP
Mongoose (same proc rate)
Combat: 120 Agility + 30 Haste = (2.88 x 120) + (30 x 2.25) = 413.1 EP
Mutilate: 120 Agility + 30 Haste = (2.8 x 120) + (30 x 2.2) = 402 EP

I've upgraded to mongoose this morning on both MH and OH

Icewalker to boots, any alternatives?
As i cant benefit from any additional movement speed effects ive been testing the new 16 agility against Icewalker, As we dont yet have a fully functional spreadsheet its been hard figuring out what is best. Ive settled with 16 agility with a 44.8 EP Value slightly higher then Icewalker.

What stats do you reforge? Your stats seem a bit odd, especially your hit.

From http://www.wowcontender.com/blog/rogue/patch-4-0-1-glyphs-and-reforging/ it is said

As a rogue the main stat you need to reforge is Critical Strike Rating. This is because this is the one Stat on your gear that has the lowest EP value (except for Mastery rating which we don’t have yet). As a rule of thumb you should always reforge all your gear. This will make a huge difference to your DPS overall. The order of reforging stats should be:
Expertise until capped (or extremely close) > Hit until Poison Capped > Hit (on gear that already has the haste stat on it) > Haste

With the gear i have all my pieces follow this order and it is why my hit is extremely high but is beneficial due to me already having haste on every single piece.

I also notice that you lack any timers for your trinkets or noticeable icd timers letting you know when it's going to pop up again, I'd highly recommend using one especially if you're running with 2 proc trinkets, good for letting you know when you can pool, blood fury, haste pot, vendetta etc.

Hidden in this screenshot i use FX which is a extention of my LUI a screen shot of what it looks like can be found below
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw38828.png
just above the action bars

Oh yeah and on that note, bind a haste pot and a healthstone or something.
Yes sir. =)

Also how do you see % of your target's hp (so you know when execute phase is)?

The default of my UI is the one in the SS above and ive been messing with it quiet a bit but it shows the targets % once they start taking damage.

Thankyou for your questions if there is anything elce please let me no.

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 am

For haste/crit items, reforge the crit into mastery (or hit if you're below poison hit)
For haste/hit items, reforge the hit into mastery (or don't reforge if it will bring you below poison hit)
For crit/hit items, reforge crit into haste (or hit if you're below poison hit)
Reforge the hit on your chest to haste (unless it brings you below poison hit) and reforge the crit on your legs to haste.

And obviously prioritise your exp cap after poison hit too, but you're fine on that.

That post is really outdated, refers to pre 4.0.
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  giant1186 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:26 am

Ok thanks for the tips Smile i didnt think having that much hit was really beneficial

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  giant1186 Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:42 am

Reforge the hit on your chest to haste (unless it brings you below poison hit) and reforge the crit on your legs to haste.

The way i have reforged I've managed to get exactly 172 expertise but with changing the hit to expertise and the crit to expertise on both these pieces i go over the cap
What do you think O_o

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 am

giant1186 wrote:

The way i have reforged I've managed to get exactly 172 expertise but with changing the hit to expertise and the crit to expertise on both these pieces i go over the cap
What do you think O_o

I'm not sure I follow but I'm guessing you're saying you've reforged the exp on both pieces and that this yields you the exact cap?

If that's the case then reforge the exp to haste
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  giant1186 Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:10 am

Rainy wrote:
giant1186 wrote:

What do you think O_o

I'm not sure I follow but I'm guessing you're saying you've reforged the exp on both pieces and that this yields you the exact cap?

If that's the case then reforge the exp to haste

reforging the hit on my chest piece to haste and crit on my pants to haste and keeping the expertise gets me to 26 expertise as i have NO expertise on any other piece of my gear
but if i reforge my expertise to haste on both my chest and pants and then some crit from one dagger and my bracers to expertise leaves me at exactly the expertise cap. and not over like if i kept the expertise on my pants&chest at the highest it can be.. in other words im leaving my chest and legs reforged how they were cause any other combination of reforging renders me over the cap. if that makes sense

giant1186

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:34 pm

ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:39 am

gl with khazuals Very Happy

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 am

Hey, sorry for the very slow and late reply if you're still waiting on us.
We're gonna have to pass on you for now, not quite what we're looking for. You should probably aim to be a bit more prepared before you apply anywhere.
Thanks and gl in your search for a guild.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down