Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination)

2 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination) Empty [Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination)

Post  Quazard Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Quazard
Server: Korgath
Current Guild: Pathetic (well now I'm unguilded thanks to the guild master disbanding it...)
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/quazard/simple
Talent Spec: Assassination ( 31/2/8 )
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:

Spec

Assassination ( 31/2/8 ) - I have gone with the pretty cookie cutter assassination spec adding quickening and deadly brew as my two optional talents into the spec. Quickening is great as I don't require a speed to boots enchant anymore plus it makes it much easier to heal me Smile, deadly brew is extremely handy if a mob gets lose and I can have it slowed.

Glyphs

Prime - Backstab - I have chosen this one because once the boss gets to 35% the extra energy gained from the crits on this ability have me flooded with energy enabling me to spam it more. Mutilate - I have gone with this as it is an obvious choice, 5 energy less on my main attack is golden and enables me to get more mutilates out per fight. Rupture - I have chosen this over vendetta (vendetta is only a 1% dps increase) as it comes out way ahead of it, having to put up rupture less often enables me to get other attacks off more often.

Major - Sprint - Being able to run faster when using this ability is always a positive will help avoid possible dangers quicker. Tricks of the Trade - Being able to spam this every cooldown irregardless of energy is fantastic, also ensures tank threat increases greatly. Feint - Being able to use this with no energy costs on heavy aoe damage fights is great, makes it easier on healers so they can conserve mana.

I'm not going to bother with minor as they serve little purpose other than provide a novelty factor Razz.

Gems

I have chosen each gem to give the maximum amount of agility possible, so if I have to use a purple or orange gem that will give me more agility than a red I'll use it. I have the one orange in my gloves to keep my meta active (until the new meta's come out in 4.0.6 in which I'll change it back to red).

Reforging

I have reforged my items to give me the maximum amount of SEP possible. I reforge as shown, Yellow hit > Spell hit > Mastery > Haste > Expertise > Crit > White hit.

Professions

Leatherworking - This profession currently gives the biggest benefit to me as it replaces the 65 haste enchant to bracers with a whopping 130 agility. With agility being so powerful for rogues this is a huge boon.
Skinning - To be replaced with JC'ing when I get the cash to do so, I used this to level LW'ing and am now using it to get money together to buy mats)

What makes you an exceptional player?

I am very situationally aware, great with managing people and turning bad situations into good situations. I have a good knowledge of my class yet am always willing to listen and learn more from more experienced players of my class. I have raided in various roles such as Healing, Caster DPS and of course Melee DPS.

Link to current UI screenshot:

[Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination) Wowscrnshot010811021351

Seems to have cut off a bit, link to the full screen here, https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img830/5239/wowscrnshot010811021351.jpg . I also figured this is the raid ui I use even if it's not in an actual raid.

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? (Basically when you started and how often.)

I have been playing since Febuary 2006 and have played very consistently since then.

What is your raid experience?

I have to note, all raiding experience bar cataclysm was done on my Warrior and my Priest. They are both named Quazord and their armory links are below.

Quazord Warrior - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/quazord/achievement#168:14922

Quazord Priest - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/quazord/achievement#168:14922

Vanilla - ZG, AQ20, MC and parts of BWL. (Friends and I went back at 70 to check out AQ40 and Naxx, big deal I know right? Razz)

Burning Crusade - Kara, Grull's, Mags, SSC, TK, ZA (gogo bear mounts), Hyjal, BT, SWP and got cockblocked on Muru, post 3.0 we cleared the instance.

Wotlk - Naxx, EoE, Sarth 3D (10 and 25), Ulduar (all hard modes) no 0 lights though, ToGC (only had mad skill, was away the 2 weeks we got insanity, mad timing one could say), ICC 10 and 25 (bar LK 25 /facepalm) with all hard modes in 25 being completed on my Priest (except LK).

Cataclysm - I have completed all heroic dungeons (bar deadmines oddly enough), and have seen/killed 7/12. That is ToFW, Magmus, Omnitron, Chimaeron, Maloriak, Archamedes, Wyrmbreaker and the dragon twins.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?

My current or last one as I should say disbanded whilst I was gone over night. It was a US timezone guild and I am now looking to raid Oceanic times as it will make life easier and I'll get to raid a bunch more.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

Vanilla - Twisted Serpents

Burning Crusade - Hellscream Marauders

Wrath of the Lich King - Hellscream Marauders, Borrowed Time, Incarnate, Redefine

Cataclysm - Pathetic

Personal Facts

Regular play time: Every day, I have a very flexible work schedule to accomodate for raids Smile
Can you make all the raid times?
Yes I can.

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy?

The guild looks as though it has a professional atmosphere with easy to make raid times which is exactly what I'm looking for (that being said I would always adjust if raid times ever changed). Your goals are also exactly in line with mine and you guys seem like a great match for me Smile

How did you hear about us?

I was browsing through wowprogress as I find it a great resource for looking at guilds.

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?

No I don't unfortunately but should I be successful in my app I hope to make some Smile

Can this person vouch for you?

There wasn't anyone Sad

Why should we accept you into Proxy?

I can see you're recruiting rogues and I like to think I'm a good rogue more than capable of doing my job in raids. I have the experience behind me and am very good with people. I am also very selfless when it comes to enhancing the guild, if I am needed to sacrifice something then I always will (granted I'm given a good reason, I don't just follow blindly Razz)

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes and yes.
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card) 2gb Ram, Intel®️ Xeon®️ CPU E5462 @ 2.80GHz and Nvidia 8800GT, I play on a Mac Pro but use the Windows client.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra ADSL 2+, maximum speed 16.65mbs http://www.speedtest.net/result/1101212907.png
Do you disconnect often? No.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use WoWTunnels, it has proven to be very reliable and lower my ping considerably.

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: (If you can't access any of these, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.)

I firstly want to apologise for the lack of logs I can provide and the screenshot isn't much better as getting into a raid at the time of typing this is very unlikely (not to mention our guild master deleting all the logs). Though I hope what I have provided can give you a good idea of what I'm capable of and what I'm actually doing. If you require a better read out then I will do my best to get into a pug and acquire something from there Smile

[Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination) Dps2

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application:

I would just like to thank you all for taking the time to read my application, if I am successful in my application I can promise you I won't let you down Smile - Quaz

Quazard

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination) Empty Re: [Accepted] Quazard - Orc Rogue (Assassination)

Post  ineedtofu Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Accepted. PST an officer in game for a trial invite.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down