Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku

+3
Spl
Grandil
ryuku
7 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku Empty [Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku

Post  ryuku Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:34 am

Player Information
Character Name: Ryuku
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Tru Stori
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Barthilas/Ryuku/simple
Talent Spec - Fury – 7/31/3

Spec: My current spec is the cookie cutter spec with minor alterations.
- Drums of War instead of Deep wound for reliable interrupts
- Furious Attacks instead of 2/2 Rude Interruption for a mortal strike affect on Bosses and Adds
- Single Minded Fury instead of Titans grip due to steady rage, and Burning Crusade nostalgia.

Glyphs: My choice is glyphs centre around 2 things; that of self healing and increased damage. This is in order to relieve stress of a healer as well as bring some good dps to the group.
- Prime – Bloodthirst, Slam, Raging blow (these are no brainers)
- Major – Death Wish (to reduce stress on healers), Cleaving (for aoe), Victory rush (same reason as Death wish)
- Minor – Bloody Healing (Same as Death Wish), Berserker Rage (For Rage), Intimidating Shout (For WTF moments with adds and a short CC)

Gemming: Currently, there is a huge emphasis with fury and hit rating. Personally I would choose Strength over Hit rating but due to the Chaotic Skyflare Diamond requiring more blues then red gemming has been quiet difficult. Besides this it is well known that:
Red – Str
Blue – Hit and Str
Yellow – Str and Crit

As I am still levelling my gear and jewelcrafting along with it not all my gems are perfect as of yet, but it is getting there.

What makes you an exceptional?
In real life I organise film sets, for not only my own films but some of my clients and close crew members of an independent film group I work under. I am use to working with up to 30 – 50 people on set and place a strong emphasis on team collaboration and people understanding their roles in the team. In relation to WoW; my train of thought is the same, nothing is achieved without teamwork and the only way to become better is understanding what you did wrong and work towards improving it.

Dps Check
https://2img.net/h/i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/Ryuu7i/WoWScrnShot_122310_101426.jpg
Interface
http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/Ryuu7i/WoWScrnShot_122310_100549.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 3 – 4 years but it is only in the last 2 years that I have started to become more serious about WoW.

What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO?

WOTLK
- Naxx 10/25.
- Sarth 10/25. Both 3D
- Eye of Eternity
- Uld.
- ToGC 10/25.
- ICC 10/25
- Ruby Sanctum 10

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
During WOTLK my RL friend made a guild called Acolytes of Hades which I spent a great deal of time in and we boosted about 250 members and ran raids every week. As time passed Forthalmere (GL), started to have some real life issues which resulted in him and a bunch of my friends quitting wow thus disbanding the guild. As this and the sudden horizon of Cataclysm I tried to find a guild which would be into raiding and still kind of enjoyable. I joined Astral Projectors for a bit but found that their emphasis centred more on Barren Chat that actually running instances or even pushing for raiding. After 3 weeks of being a part of that guild I randomly joined Tru Stori as they seemed at the time very mature. Upon joining I discovered that it was a very small guild and without key people on nothing could actually progress.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Joshua
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, (UTC+08:00) Perth, WA
Regular play time: Every morning I try put in a couple of hours before heading to work, to level professions, gear and alts. I do the same upon coming back from work every night for at least 2 – 3 hours.

Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. I should be able to make all weekday night raids soon because I am changing jobs. Besides that currently I am free every Thursday Friday night though I am still farming for gear. The new job should start as of 2nd January 2011.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I believe Proxy is the guild for me. I want to join a serious guild and experience a higher level of raiding content. (In a nut shell)

How did you hear about us? Some friends are a part of the guild as well as from various sources.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Abraxass and Zeeni
Can this person vouch for you? I think Zeeni can but its been a while since i talked to Abraxass.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):Intel Core i7, Q720@1.6 GHz, 4g Ram,
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Optus Naked WiFi, 180gb a month
Do you disconnect often? Rare
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
sorry no...

ryuku

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku Empty Re: [Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku

Post  Grandil Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 am

Hi, just got a few questions/comments.
First off your spec:
Why have you chosen SMF over TG, you say its due to steady rage, however with cataclysm rage was normalized, and as such SMF will have no benefit what so ever over TG in terms of rage income, if anything SMF has lower rage gen, due to lower stats on the weapons resulting in less haste/hit/crit for rage gen.
You should pick up the 2nd point in Rude Interruption over Furious attacks, the extra 15 seconds of 5% damage, while not that amazing provides more benefit than an unreliable MS effect that can be done by many other classes, and is rarely even needed in raids.
The fact that you have chosen Drums of War over 2/3 Deep Wounds is baffling, even with quite low crit chance at 2/3 Deep Wounds equates to a good 6-7% of my damage, far out weighing the slight convenience of not having to pool rage for interrupts.

Now your gear:
Change your meta for the time being, its not worth losing all that str for the 3% crit damage.
You seem to be missing a bunch of Enchants: Legs, belt buckle, chest has +8 instead of +15, wrath shoulder enchant, no cloak enchant, also no run speed to boots.

Your ui:
Which abilities do you click? you seem to have only your bottom row bound with default binds, and no binds for your other bars.
I like that you use power Aura, if i could choose one addon to use and no others, PA would be it.

Thats all, if i think of anything else ill let you know.
Grandil
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku Empty reply

Post  ryuku Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm

I do agree about TG and Furious attacks...

TG VS SMF
In terms of rage is basically about Spikey rage (TG) 32 rage per hit vs Smooth rage (SMF) but 21 rage per hit.
I know that rage was normalized and a lot to do with my spec is about experimentation. Rage was based on damage done before and now its based on a formula of weapon swing x (some max damage multiplier x0.43 (i think thats the number not sure, need to check forums)) but it does feel like it has been bumped since beta. In terms of DPS there is about 300 to 500 dps difference between the specs but that is still something.

Furious Attacks vs. 2/2 points in Rude interruption:
Though see your point i am also looking at this from a heroics manner where debuffs are not as plentifulness as that of a 10 man raid. In truth i have no issues changing something like this just like SMF vs TG.

Drums of War Vs. Deep Wound:
This one is just about reliance, don't have an issue changing it but i do find with all the movement involved in fights... if tunnel vision and blowing my rage too fast just before an interrupt is needed then i have technically gimped myself. For argument sake i think that it would be a fool of me but mistakes do happen. Another thing i have no issues with changing.

Ability use:
I have all my buttons macro-ed to my mouse and keyboard but those you cant see because there in the second Key2 collum of the Key bind page. For example:
- Pummel is shift+f
- Death wish is R
- Berserker rage is F
- heroic strike+ battle shout macro is mouse wheel up, Slam is mouse wheel down etc.

I have about 25 key bindings between my mouse and my keyboard... kind of wish i had more buttons on my mouse.

Key binding is very important for awareness... and plus i prefer stating at my orc they keyboard... much prettier.

Macro coupling:
- Death wish + Blood fury
- Bloodthirst + Hand enchant + trinket
- Intercept + hamstring
- Enraged Regen + Belt tinker + berserker rage
- HS + startattack + Battle shout
- Cleave + startattack + Battle shout
- Inner rage + /cancelaura inner rage

Gemming and Enchants:
Yeap meta and all the gems need fixing. Enchants are needed and without a doubt this gear is not raid worthy yet. I didn't truly expect in the back of mine that if i was picked up in my current gear that i would be put straight into a raid group, but i think in 2 weeks time i will be... just need to grind out some more cash and mats.

Things I need to change for raiding:
1. All enchants and gems: Meta will be the Mastery + run speed one if any. (Fleet Shadow spirit diamond) while i really need to change all my gems to Strength based... Enchants need to fixed which should hit by next week when i get my alt to 525 enchanting (where alot of my money is going). Shoulder enchants i am still grinding the rep for Therazane, i only got the Honored shoulder enchants at the moment.
2. TG = just need 1 more Foe reaper...
3. Spec = Ill change it back to the default TG build but 3 in deep wound and 2 in incite.
4. Gear = Necklace from Ramkahen rep, legs from vendor, need 1 more foe reaper, rings, bracers, cloak and Right eye of Rajh also needs to be the heroic one.
5. Profession - need to hit 500 jc to unlock the new dragon eyes.

Check back maybe in 2 days and tell me what you think of the spec and gear. Hopefully a bit more of it will be improved.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my application, if i dont hear from you... have a merry xmas... with beer in one hand and present in the other.

Peace

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:04 pm

I amazed you didnt post about engineering... lol cause right now honestly its pretty fail for melee... anyhow MERRY XMAS

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:46 am

you'll find a lot of melee are still using engineering just because of the helm which is the best option until heroic content. besides that though, yeah it's pretty fail and i expect most melee will be rerolling professions once the hat becomes redundant
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:16 am

Yeah that kind of seems what it is going to be like... though i love engineering I just noticed a lot of people who are into min/maxing seem to want to drop engineering the second that get a chance to touch heroic raiding gear. I am just personally hoping that before this happens Blizzard will be putting in some melee tinker to compensate.

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:27 am

Or you can go lw for 50 extra Str over any other profession
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:46 am

im actually finding it hilarious that you talk about LW and have a picture of wolves.... was someone craving the skin of the wolf???? maybe...

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:59 am

Anyhow i know i this is better question for the forums and such but as people are looking up this forum anyways and it would be an interesting question....

Do you believe that Incite stacks with ones own Critical strike... as in if you have 2 points in incite and say 17% crit self buffed would you incite proc actually be 73% chance to crit strike heroic stike if incite procs?

Off to the wow forums

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:57 am

short answer... no

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 pm

ryuku wrote:Anyhow i know i this is better question for the forums and such but as people are looking up this forum anyways and it would be an interesting question....

Do you believe that Incite stacks with ones own Critical strike... as in if you have 2 points in incite and say 17% crit self buffed would you incite proc actually be 73% chance to crit strike heroic stike if incite procs?

Off to the wow forums

[Accepted]Fury Warrior - Ryuku Lolwut

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:34 am

ryuku wrote:im actually finding it hilarious that you talk about LW and have a picture of wolves.... was someone craving the skin of the wolf???? maybe...

dont talk about the wolfpack like that maggot
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:23 am

Puudizz wrote:dont talk about the wolfpack like that maggot
I approve
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:36 am

LoL wow some people are sensitive

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuku Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:32 pm

Been 1 week, only got left now is pants enchants which is sitting at 1k and replacing the bracers.... anything else you can point out?

ryuku

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 pm

We are on a break until a bit after new years, so be patient and i'm sure an officer will let you know about the app around then
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:24 am

gonna give ya a shot. come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down