Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata)

+5
ineedtofu
Tinori
firao
Roidzz
Geometry
9 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata) Empty [Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata)

Post  Geometry Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Geometry
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Pogue Mahone
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=G%C3%A9ometry
Talent Spec: Most Popular spec being 0/13/58. There are a couple of variations
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Glyphing wise for my Majors I go for Lesser Healing Wave, Chain Heal and Earth Shield. The last two are very much self explaintary for a resto shaman, however, The lesser Healing Wave is widely debated upon. Reason I have tended to use this in the past is purely for the amount of spike damage tanks receive in ICC HM's. Chuck a Riptide Up, Earth Shield always up, with a lesser you are more often than not going to crit. The other glyph alot of shamans tend to go for is Riptide however I find the extra duration to be negligable due to the amount of chain heals cast, which in effect will eat the Riptide up.

As for Enchants. I have the Engineering Enchants on Gloves Macro'd to Chain Heal. All other enchants are standard max'd out enchants for a resto shaman. Rockets Boots I find to be brilliant, especially for things like defile.
With Gems, the priority is to get as much haste as possible, I have chosen all my JC only Gems to be +34 Haste. Where there are decent socket bonuses of anything from +7 to +9 SP I have socketed for SP/Haste or Haste/MP5. Only Three types of gems i'd ever choose.

What makes you an exceptional player? Ok well. I guess experience is a big key. I have played a Shaman since TBC, raided on a Druid during Vanilla. With this I have developed Raid Awareness (something that no-one can teach, you either have it or you dont). I have an ability to adapt to different situations on the fly, eg. Dispelling duties, switching to Main Tank Healing and changing my normal raid healing role for specific fights. I'm also not afraid to admit of any failures that may have been a result of myself, and I think it takes a number of mistakes to become a better player. I also have exceptional knowledge of the shaman class (there are more buttons on the keyboard than mashing 3(Chain Heal).
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): Its an old 10 man one, I have gotten rid of so much since of I have been on a 3 month break.
[Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata) Wowscrnshot051810201021.th

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since 1.01
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances) OK. I have experience in every fight HM LK25 only up to phase 2(in LK HM, I was generally on dispelling duties in Phase 1) and phase 1 Heroic Halion(bare in mind this was 3 months ago). In ICC 25 I have completed 11/12 HM's. I have 5/5 TOGC 25 with a Tribute to Mad Skill. And I have Completed all fights in Ulduar except missing out on the Algalon Kill PM did due to freakn Uni.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Well I have been out of action for the past 3 months, but from my understanding their progression is stagnant and if anything going backwards. Alot of the players I used to hang out with have left the guild and have gone on to get their Light of Dawn titles. I have no doubt had all the solid core remained in PM we would have kill LK 25man HM quite a while ago, but thats another story. It would be sad to leave, but with 3 months off I dont think there would be any dramas at all.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Pretty much PM/ Elysium on Gundrak. During BC i raided on an American Server (Spirestone) with a Guild called Innovation (now Redux). All of which have completed all current content. I basically got my grass roots on raiding from these americans.

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): Karl
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Aus/GMT+10
Regular play time: Used to be all the time but would now be limited to 6:30pm onwards during weekdays and all day Sunday. (no Saturdays due to cricket season and Golf aswell). Friday nights are social nights.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Shouldnt be a problem, I am graduating from Uni this year so that wont be a hinderance. Progression is what I live for in this game. So you'd see me attending every wipe on a new boss.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? Well I dont know how many times I was going to join Noctis then stopped myself. Then when I was finally ready to make the move RL kicked in majorly (moving and buying houses, changing jobs etc.), But there are alot of people that I have enjoyed raiding with on the old Stuhawen Saturday runs.
How did you hear about us? Hard not too. Cross and Noctis forming to create a super guild.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Tofu i'm pretty sure hates me (jk's). Droodz is awesome same with BnB. Shambag is a bit of a scrub, he thinks he can out heal me, but he is just bad. Haxiom and Rokki are cool guys, Fozby aswell.
Can this person vouch for you? I hope so. Pretty sure Shambag and Tofu wont want me in the guild tho.
Why should we accept you into Proxy? Well I have put a huge amount of effort in too achieving maximum potential when raiding. I have the raid awareness to defeat these encounters. I understand 1 small stuff up, 1 misplaced defile can so easily cause a wipe. I think and can change roles on the fly. I do, do alot of theorycrafting about much class to achieve maximum result. Apart from all that, I am a friendly person, who is easy to talk to in vent etc.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Sure do
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yep
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Quad Core I7, GTX480(brand newy) 2GB DDR3. Lets just say it'll handle wow quite easily. It handles CS5 and all my graphic designing crap.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? iiNet. ADSL2+. PS(we will all have fast internet in 50 years in Aus).
Do you disconnect often? Generally dont.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I used to use WoWTunnels found that a ping of 300 was lowered to about 180, was very nice.

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: I'll see if I can find one. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2ey279atcsnwjbhv/sum/healingDone/

It's an old one.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
If you accept me I will dedicate to playing to the best of my ability. I do get along with most people and will not let anyone that I dont hinder mine, theirs or the guilds performance. Thank you for taking the time to review my app.

Geometry

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata) Empty Re: [Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata)

Post  Roidzz Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:51 pm

I'm going to be BRUTAL here.

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since 1.01

Why no SCARAB LORD!?

I have played a Shaman since TBC, raided on a Druid during Vanilla

WHY NO SCARAB LORD?!?

Why did you take a 3 month break all of a sudden if you'd been playing since 1.01? Why did you quit your (SCARAB LORD?) Druid to play a Shaman!?

Progression is what I live for in this game. So you'd see me attending every wipe on a new boss.

CONTRADICTION. "what I LIVE for", "Attending every WIPE (= death)".

Nice app.

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata) Empty Re: [Accepted] Geometry - Resto/Ele Shaman (Cata)

Post  firao Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:59 pm

:DDDD

Nice app, but what the fuck, scarab lord alt? I want one.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinori Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:09 pm

Very good app.

Probably the best one so far.
Tinori
Tinori

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:44 pm

Geometry wrote:Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Tofu i'm pretty sure hates me (jk's). Droodz is awesome same with BnB. Shambag is a bit of a scrub, he thinks he can out heal me, but he is just bad. Haxiom and Rokki are cool guys, Fozby aswell.
Can this person vouch for you? I hope so. Pretty sure Shambag and Tofu wont want me in the guild tho.
WOWWWWW IM #1 <3 +1 from me
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geometry Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:56 am

The Elusive Scarab Lord. Gotta love it, I think its the best title in the game. Pity I didnt get it, or a flippin Red Scarab Mount. I think I still had like the Blue Shard to go, the one where you do the Shark Boss in Azshara and need a Gazillion Gold for Elementium.

As for qutting for 3 months back in June/July. It was kinda forced upon me. Starting this new Graphic Design job and getting my head around it, meeting deadlines etc. I also had an insane amount of neglected Uni work to catch up on aswell. Plus the stress of moving into the new house, kinda all got to me. Wow wasnt very fun at that stage either. Endless wipes in phase 1 to LKHM, its kind of a case, quit before I totally burn out. My plan was to come back when cata was launched but I kinda have the bug again.

Tofu mate you will always be my first <3.

Oh and Shambag will agree. Shamans are the best. Most enjoyable class IMO.

Geometry

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 am

thats why he plays a warlock now Very Happy??????????????
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 am

or should i say a hackedlock
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:50 am

Ok so what happens if we accept you, are you going to start playing now? Or only in cata?

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Shambag Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:08 am

low blow mega loooowwwwwwwww,

Shambag

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:09 am

megarambo wrote:or should i say a hackedlock
you got that wrong mega it's "wowcataclysm" remember he was also trying to scam people
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geometry Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 am

I can start playing as of this Wednesday. Lets jsut say i'm pretty keen to get back into the swing of things. Dont mind if I do have to see some bench time considering Mr Amuzed is the No.1, and realistically you'd only take 1 Resto shaman to a raid. I dont mind specc'ing Ele, and can play it quite competantly. My ele set is up to minimum standards aswell. However Mr Boomboom would have to take me under his wings, and I'd need to reglyph for Fire Elemental and get rid of ToW.

Last edited by Geometry on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Geometry

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:15 am

BUMP FOR PRO PLAYER

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  independence Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:47 am

Bump

independence

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:33 pm

bumping past the accept/declines getting to these just been busy
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geometry Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:38 am

My Tooth Hurts. Bloody Dentist

Geometry

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:47 am

Geometry wrote:My Tooth Hurts. Bloody Dentist
What did he do
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Geometry Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:49 am

I broke my Tooth last weekend, so he pulled it out. Getting a replacement but its gonna cost some serious dollars. All in the aim of the perfect smile.

Geometry

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Accepted, m8
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down