Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman Empty [Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman

Post  Lonely Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:15 am

Player Information
Character Name: Lonely
Server: Frostmourne
Current Guild: Catalyst
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/lonely/advanced
Talent Spec: 10/31/0
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:

Spec: My spec is not the highest dps spec currently possible. The best possible dps spec for me at the moment includes me taking out 2 points from Reverberation and 1 point from Concussion and putting them into Elemental Precision. Elemental Precision gives an extra 3 percent of mastery. I do not have Elemental Precision spec'ed because I believe the points in Reverberation is more important. It lowers my wind shear spell by one second which means that I rather have a interrupt available more frequently than doing an extra 0.50dps. The rest of my spec is pretty standard and self explanatory.

GLYPHS:
Prime Glyphs used are Feral Spirit, Storm Strike and Lava Lash. Lava Lash is glyphed as it is our hardest hitting ability. Storm Strike is used becuase it increases its damage by 10 percent. If I had a caster main hand and was rolling with a FT/FT enchant, I would of course swap Feral Spirit out for the Flametongue Glyph. The only reason I am not rocking a caster main hand at the moment is because next patch Blizzard will be nerfing the Flametongue damage by 20 percent and making Windfury trigger 3 attacks up from 2. I guess this is to stop enhancement shamans running around with a caster main hand and exploiting the double FT/FT enchants. Therefore, I have used a Agility main hand as blizzard would want it after the patch. Furthermore, obtaining a caster main hand as a melee is fairly hard.

Major Glyphs used are Shamanistic Rage, Lightning Shield, and Stoneclaw Totem. They are fairly self explanatory. Shamanistic rage glyph cleanses any magical debuffs which would be useful to helping healers out in raids. Lightning Shield Glyph makes sure my lightning shield charges doesn't drop below 3; making it not required for me to refresh my lightning shield during an encounter. Stoneclaw Totem was chose as the 3rd glyph because it allows me to place a shield on myself to absorb some incoming damage. Again this is good as it releases a bit of stress on healers during raid heavy aoe damage.

Minor Glyphs are purely personal preference or cosmetic and won't be explained.

GEMS:
My current gemming setup is as of follow:
Red socket : pure agility
Yellow socket : agility and mastery
Blue socket : agility and hit rating
Meta socket: Currently 54 mastery and minor run speed increase. Will be changing it to Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility and 3% Crit) after the patch.

REFORGING
Enhance Shamans stats importance are Hit/Exp>Agility>Mastery>Crit>Haste. I reforge any Crit or Haste on gear to any extra Hit or Expertise I need to make sure I'm capped. Then I reforge any other extra Crit or Haste to pure Mastery.

ENCHANTS
All my gear is enchanted with most of the best possible enchants not including the enchants that uses Maelstrom Crystals. Will only be spending expensive enchants once epics are equipped.

What makes you an exceptional player? I know my class pretty much inside out. I always watch and read up on encounters that I have never done before. I am dedicated to raiding and always want to achieve the best out of my class. I always check up on forums to see what I didn't know and how I can improve myself with squeezing out that extra little bit of dps.

Link to current UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/wowscrnshot012811103205.jpg/

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Maybe around 2 years. Was more pvp focused in BC on my spriest. Only really got into raiding in WOTLK. Raided throughout Nax on Ulduar on my spriest before switching my main to my shaman which I enjoy alot more.

What is your raid experience?
Nax 10/25 full clear on Spriest.
Ulduar 10 Full clear. (Drake achieved)
TOC 10/25 Full clear.
ICC 10/25 Full clear.
ICC 10 HM 11/12 Drake achieved - Done on 15 percent buff
ICC 25 HM 11/12
Cata Raids 7/12

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
I'm currently in a guild called Catalyst at the moment. They are a bunch of very nice people! However they are fairly casual as well. I'm looking for something a bit more hard core and demanding I guess. Very Happy

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Was apart of Stockholm Syndrome for most of WOTLK. They were a very highly ranked guild on Frostmourne during WOTLK. Moved to Intent for most of ICC. Intent were the top horde guild during WOTLK and are also very highly ranked at the moment as well. Towards the end of WOTLK I took a break from WOW and decided only to play again once Cataclysm hits. Upon my return to wow lately, I have been deciding how hard I wanted to go at the game. Intent were already too far into content and my toon wasn't raid ready and also their roster is fairly full. I have moved my self to a more casual guild (Catalyst) and have been raiding with them fairly casually over the last few weeks. After careful thoughts on where I want to go with the game, I have decided I would like to return to hard core raiding.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: On most of the time apart from when I work. Usually on after 4pm. Normally free on Friday nights and Saturdays but I also do head out those days as well depending on mates etc.
Can you make all the raid times? Can make all of them but something does come up once in a while, which I assume happens to everybody.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I still enjoy 25 man raiding over 10 man and furthermore, you guys are dedicated to down content. I'm not looking for a casual guild, but I'm looking for a top end guild to be apart of and progress with. You guys seem to be the ones I want to be apart of. Very Happy
How did you hear about us? Wowprogress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? None.
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I am dedicated to raiding. I know my class extremely well. I always try to do as much possible research as I can before encountering new boss's. I am friendly and always willing to help guildies out in any way that I can. I hope that I would be valuable to you guys in as many ways as I can possibly be.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? I do have a mic and will talk when required.
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card)
RAM: 4GB DDR3
CPU: Intel QuadCore Q8300 2.50GHZ
GFX Card: Gigabyte GTX 285
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? With Optus cable internet. (250 gigs per month)
Do you disconnect often? Not often but it does happen.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? BattlePing

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: Unfortunately I don't have a current WOL. Current guild doesn't really record any stats during raids. If you look at the Stockholm Syndrome/Intent guilds on WOL, it still might have some records of fights in ICC from last year (might have to do a bit of scrolling back on the calendar) but I don't know if that would be relevant currently to you guys or not.

Thanks for your time in taking a look at this application. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Thank you

Lonely

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman

Post  Spl Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 am

Overall looks fine, but there are a couple of points i'll pick out

- Glyphs: Sham rage is a useful glyph in pvp, but for pve purposes you would use it more frequently for damage reduction purposes than for cleansing debuffs (and only those which are already dispellable). In this content there is really no debuff important enough to warrant saving a sham rage for purely for its dispelling purpose (and giving up the potential use of it's damage reduction by saving the cd). Healing stream is probably more valuable to have glyphed for the NR, while it's unlikely there may not be another shaman in the raid, on fights like al'akir where the raid is spread your HS is providing NR to people who may not be in range of another shaman. With a fair amount of nature dmg in this tier, HS glyph is win

- Talents: Reverb is not a required talent on any of the "interrupt encounters" in this xpac. The main encounter where it may be useful is cho'gall p2 where a shorter cd can get another tentacle cast that little bit earlier; however, for Halfus, Nef, Maloriak, Chogall p1 and Omnitron to an extent (2 enh shaman with reverb can 2 man interrupts - unlikely in most raid comps) you do not require reverb to catch all of the casts. The two points are better off in Ele precision for dps, but yes, reverb is a nice utility talent. The 3rd point you have in Conc is a waste though, we put 2 points in to get into T2 ele, the third point is better off in EP

- Gems: Good overall, but I'd probably go pure agi over agi/ma in sockets which yield a 10crit bonus. Agi's value is ridiculous, even in relation to mastery, and I'd probably personally only consider it when running dual ft (as you said you aren't - T1 pvp weps are very easy to get if you want to run it btw, not much time investment at all.)

Put landslide on the offhand - it's our best one with the amazing itemisation, you'll likely use it for a long time (the 2pc wep bonus is not as good as the offhand raw stats when they come into contest). also bind healing rain. HS + pot binds = ?

Anyway, that is just me being picky, app seems fine overall. good luck

ps. no logs/meter ability readout of the BH boss or dps dummy?
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Lonely - Enhancement Shaman

Post  Lonely Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 am

Spl wrote:Overall looks fine, but there are a couple of points i'll pick out

- Glyphs: Sham rage is a useful glyph in pvp, but for pve purposes you would use it more frequently for damage reduction purposes than for cleansing debuffs (and only those which are already dispellable). In this content there is really no debuff important enough to warrant saving a sham rage for purely for its dispelling purpose (and giving up the potential use of it's damage reduction by saving the cd). Healing stream is probably more valuable to have glyphed for the NR, while it's unlikely there may not be another shaman in the raid, on fights like al'akir where the raid is spread your HS is providing NR to people who may not be in range of another shaman. With a fair amount of nature dmg in this tier, HS glyph is win

- Talents: Reverb is not a required talent on any of the "interrupt encounters" in this xpac. The main encounter where it may be useful is cho'gall p2 where a shorter cd can get another tentacle cast that little bit earlier; however, for Halfus, Nef, Maloriak, Chogall p1 and Omnitron to an extent (2 enh shaman with reverb can 2 man interrupts - unlikely in most raid comps) you do not require reverb to catch all of the casts. The two points are better off in Ele precision for dps, but yes, reverb is a nice utility talent. The 3rd point you have in Conc is a waste though, we put 2 points in to get into T2 ele, the third point is better off in EP

- Gems: Good overall, but I'd probably go pure agi over agi/ma in sockets which yield a 10crit bonus. Agi's value is ridiculous, even in relation to mastery, and I'd probably personally only consider it when running dual ft (as you said you aren't - T1 pvp weps are very easy to get if you want to run it btw, not much time investment at all.)

Put landslide on the offhand - it's our best one with the amazing itemisation, you'll likely use it for a long time (the 2pc wep bonus is not as good as the offhand raw stats when they come into contest). also bind healing rain. HS + pot binds = ?

Anyway, that is just me being picky, app seems fine overall. good luck

ps. no logs/meter ability readout of the BH boss or dps dummy?

Hey thanks for the reply!

Good pointer on the Shamanistic Rage glyph. I guess it could be changed for healing stream totem glyph for a more useful raid benefit effect.

I only took 2/2 reverb as the guild I am currently in is a 10 man guild. In a 25 man there would be more raid members that can help with interrupting. However, say in Maloriak 10 man, our rogue miss's his kick during a "release Aberration" cast and his cooldown on his kick is increased due to missing the interrupt, I can jump in and help get the next one while also interrupting the channeling cast that does raid damage (Arcane Storm I think). In my opinion that extra bit of dps is not worth trading for that utility in a 10 man environment. In a 10 man if 1 dps dies early in the fight, its almost as good as a wipe. However in a 25 man, if we loose 2 to 3 people, it is still possible for the rest of the raid composition to still down the boss, although it is NOT ideal for anyone dieing at all. I guess dead dps does no dps and therefore that one second could mean the difference between the boss getting a "must be interrupted spell" of to not getting it of. However, like you said, if I were to raid 25 man, my spec would be changed to that that I have mentioned in my application as it would be more beneficial to me. But I do hope you understand why I chose Reverb over Elemental Precision since I'm currently coming from a 10 man environment.

Ok, for going pure agility over agility/mastery with sockets that yeild a 10 crit bonus is correct to a certain point. However, with my current gear, it Sims out better to gem the way I have. Maybe in better gear, or even herioc gear, would it then probably be better to ignore some of the socket bonus's and gem for pure agility. I don't really want to use a caster main hand, although I do have the Blacksmith crafted ones in my bag, because it was NEVER intended for enhance shamans to wield a caster weapon. I know this would eventually be changed, in a matter of fact probably over the next few weeks. And even after the patch, and FT/FT is still pulling ahead of WF/FT (like some of them say over EJ), it would also eventually get changed UNTIL WF/FT is the only enchants that a enhancement shaman would ever use in a pve environment. However I do realize at this point that FT/FT is optimal and I can use the Blacksmith crafted weapon if that's what you guys want. Overall I prefer running the supposed enchants which is WF/FT. The pvp caster weapons are great as well, however once again, with the up coming patch they are reducing all the base stats on pvp weapons so pve people would not find them optimal over a 346 blue.

And yes, I know about my offhand enchant. The current prices on maelstrom crystals at the moment on my sever are fairly costly. Last time I checked the cheapest one was going for 4k. So in a way I'm just waiting for a price drop back down to 2k or something before I actually go for the enchant (although I do have the gold to do it now). But in currently, my current weapon enchant combo works well enough to down boss's as we are no where near heroic progression yet. But for heroic progression I MUST get the other Landslide enchant done.

Healing rain is actually binded to my mouse as I find that more appropriate for me. In a matter of fact, pots and health stone are also binded to my mouse. I drag my pots and health stone onto my action bar's whenever I raid. They fit next to where my Healing Rain is located. I don't like having a empty Health Stone icon on my bars when I'm not carrying one(yes I know that sounds weird but I guess that's just personal preference of what your screen looks like when your not raiding)(Silly me lol). The Only button or spell that is not binded is BloodLust. I've had my bad experiences where I've accidentally hit it during trash pulls and so forth. You get the drift. That's the ONLY spell I click. The rest are fully binded.

Thanks for your imput SPL and good that you have gone so closely to pinpoint some of my stuff. I hope I explained myself a bit better.

Thank you, Lonely.

Last edited by Lonely on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Lonely

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonely Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:51 am

Just did a SFK run before. Here's the recount of the last boss with all cd's blown (Lust and Wolves and Engineer tinker)

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/f/wowscrnshot012811140628.jpg/

Hope that helps as I don't have any current WOL for any current raid boss's. And I'm saved already to BH this week.

Lonely

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:24 pm

sounds good. just remember that maximising your dps isn't about what you prefer. dual ft is strong, but tends to stand out more so at higher gear levels - maybe sim it and see how it pans out for your gear. perhaps a bit late now since the patch is (maybe) in a couple of weeks

Lonely wrote:However, with my current gear, it Sims out better to gem the way I have.
this is what i was looking for regarding the gemming Wink
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 am

Quite happy to give you a shot,

Accepted.

Come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down