Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman

+2
Spl
Gongala
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman Empty [Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman

Post  Gongala Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:10 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Gongala.
Server: Barthilas.
Current Guild: Pogue Mahone.
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/gongala/simple
Talent Spec: 34/7/0 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/gongala/talent/primary
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:

Spec.
My spec is the cookie cutter Elemental spec at this current stage in the game, some go for the Totemic Reach instead of Ancestral Swiftness but i haven't had any trouble with my Searing Totem being out of range of the boss so i went for the 15% passive speed boost and instant cast Ghost Wolf.

Glyphs.
For Prime Glyphs i went for:
-Glyph of Lightning Bolt(Increases the damage dealt by Lightning Bolt by 4%[Lightning Bolt being my main Damaging move]),
-Glyph of Lava Burst(Your Lava Burst spell deals 10% more damage[Lava Burst being one of my main damage outputs, second only to Lightning Bolt])
-Glyph of Flame Shock(making my shock cooldowns a lot easier to keep control of).
For Major Glyphs i went for:
-Glyph of Elemental Mastery(While your Elemental Mastery ability is active, you take 20% less damage from all sources) to make life a little bit easier for the healers.
-Glyph of Lightning Shield(Your Lightning Shield can no longer drop below 3 charges from dealing damage to attackers[just in case i am getting hit by something while i am unable to cast Lightning Bolt to renew my Lightning Shield stack, say if i have to move this Glyph stops my Lightning Shield from dropping off and me having to reapply it]).
-Glyph of Thunder(Reduces the cooldown of Thunderstorm by 10 sec[Useful for when i am called upon to kite a/some adds and/or if i am running low on mana]).
For Minor Glyphs i went for:
-Glyph of Renewed Life(Your Reincarnation spell no longer requires a reagent[so i don't have to remember to buy reagents for it all the time])
-My other two Minor Glyphs don't have any real raid purpose(Glyph of Water Walk and Glyph of Astral Recall).

Gems.
For Gems i put a 40 Intellect gem in any red socket(Intellect being number one on my stat priority along with hit), i put a 20 Intellect 20 Mastery gem in any yellow sockets, for blue gems i put a 20 Intellect and 20 Spirit gem if i need the spirit and/or the socket bonus is 20 Intellect or more, if the socket bonus is less than 20 Intellect and i am not in need of hit i put a 40 Intellect gem in there. In my meta i have a 54 Intellect and 2% maximum mana gem(needs 2 yellow gems to activate) which i will be using until they fix the activation requirement for the 54 critical strike rating and 3% extra critical damage meta gem or until i get a lot more gear with blue sockets.

Reforging.
With Reforging the first thing i reforge away is any excess Hit/Spirit and turn it into Mastery, or if the item already has mastery on it i turn it into Haste, then again if i am in need of Hit i Reforge any Critical Strike Rating to Spirit/Hit until i am raid Hit caped. If i am not in need of Hit i reforge any Critically Strike Rating to Mastery or if the piece of gear already has Mastery then i reforge any Critical Strike Rating into Haste. If the piece of gear has Mastery and Haste i leave it alone.

Enchants.
For enchants i enchant full Spell Power where ever i can and enchant Spirit/Hit where it would not be taking the place of a potential Spell Power enchant, in items where there is neither of these stats available in an enchant i enchant mastery. For my weapon i have enchanted it with Hurricane (i will be enchanting my weapon with power torrent when i get a good epic quality weapon).

What makes you an exceptional player? What makes me an exceptional player is my ability to learn fights quickly, also learn from my mistakes, i can take criticism and do what i can to improve on what went wrong i can carry out my role in any fight to the full extent of my class and come to raids prepared, well read on fights and ready to defeat whatever said boss(es) has to throw at me and the raid.

Link to current UI screenshot:
https://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/kesha4960h/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_011411_133730.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started playing World of Warcraft in Patch 2.4 maybe a little bit before.
What is your raid experience? In BC i accomplished a full clear of both Karazhan and Gruuls lair with pugs i was very casual/new to the game back then. I was casual/not playing through a lot of Wrath and only started really playing when ICC came out, but i did do Malygos 10 man, Sartharion 10 and 25man, and most bosses in Naxxramas on different occasions, i also did 4/5 in TOC 10man and 2/5 in 25man, all these were accomplished with pugs as i was not playing the game that often then and was not in a raiding guild. In ICC which i did with a guild i accomplished 11/12 HMs in 10 and 25man and the Glory achievements for 10 and 25player mode. In Cata so far i have killed 2/4 bosses in Bastion of Twilight with experience on all phases of the ascension council, i have cleared Baradins Hold, in Blackwing Descent i have experience on the Omnotron Defense System and Maloriak fights and have done research on all the other fights that are out at the moment.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? My Guild before Pogue Mahone was On The Dyno, the guild i did 11/12 HMs with in ICC, i left them for Pogue because i wanted to get some H LK attempts in but Dyno wasn't doing H LK, i am leaving Pogue Mahone now because they are doing 10man raids and i am not in there core and i really rather doing 25mans than 10 and i would also like to get a chance at actually raiding in this expansion.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Raiding guild that i have been apart of are KAOS, Elude, On the Dyno and Pogue Mahone.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: At the moment all day everyday in a month or so i will be getting a job and will only be on from say 5PM or a little earlier till around 11:30-12PM.
Can you make all the raid times? Yes i can make all the raids without any trouble.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to join Proxy because i am looking for a good hardcore 25man raiding guild that is in need of my class/spec and Proxy seems to have just that opening along with being the top horde raiding guild, and i am interested in pushing content with a good bunch of people.
How did you hear about us? My brother Grandil is in Proxy.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? I am friends with lots of people from proxy, Boomboom, Grandil, Leetbix, Razoo, Rokki, Johnnylove, Independent, Roidzz and Mystikhar just to name a few.
Can this person vouch for you? I am not sure about the others but i am sure Boomboom can vouch for me because he is a really nice guy.
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I believe i can be a great asset to your guild and can compete with the other dps in the group, i will play to my full potential and will be doing everything i can to help the raid and the guild progress further into content.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes i have a good mic and can talk whenever it is helpful.
List computer specs: 4GB Ram, AMD athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, Nvidia GForce 7600 GT(Once i start work the first thing i will be doing is spending a couple of grand on a new computer).
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Internode, 1.7mbs.
Do you disconnect often? Never.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use WoWTunnels.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
https://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac12/kesha4960h/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_011311_161850.jpg
Sorry that i don't have a WOL's for you i haven't raided in my current gear.

If accepted i look forward to raiding with all the great people from Proxy =).

Last edited by Gongala on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman

Post  Spl Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:15 am

pretty good app, couple of questions

Why have you chosen to go Mastery over Haste? Everything I've read about ele shamans say that haste is a superior stat to mastery - in this case you should have int/haste gems and reforge any excess stats on gear into haste. 1200 haste seems to be a bit low.

What was the reasoning behind picking up a relic with valor points instead of using it on Tier gear? Normally a relic tends to provide the lowest increase in dps as far as items are concerned.

Finally, UI related - are you clicking a few spells? At a glance your ghost wolf, heals, cleanse/purge don't seem to have keybinds ;o. These are all pretty important utility spells, throwing out heals (i.e. healing rain - where is it?) during high damage phases can help healers out a lot. probably get a more convenient bind for your HS, "-" is a bit of a stretch to reach!

good luck with your app

ps. not sure if srs about boom
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Gongala - Elemental Shaman

Post  Gongala Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 am

Spl wrote:Why have you chosen to go Mastery over Haste? Everything I've read about ele shamans say that haste is a superior stat to mastery

I have also read this but i have also heard that this stat priority is for later gear and that you should first go for around 16% mastery(which is what i am at now) and then just go all out haste, once i get better gear i shall be reforging/geming more towards haste.

Spl wrote:What was the reasoning behind picking up a relic with valor points instead of using it on Tier gear?

Whilst i had full 346 blues and 359 epics i still had a green relic and i was doing the 2 Hs every day that drop the relics and i have still not seen either yet so i decided to go with the epic relic from valor points instead of raiding with a green relic all my valor at the moment is going towards buying my first piece of Tier gear.

Spl wrote:UI related - are you clicking a few spells? At a glance your ghost wolf, heals, cleanse/purge don't seem to have keybinds

After reading this reply i am currently looking into conventional keybinds for said spells i will post a updated UI link once i have.

Spl wrote:not sure if srs about boom

Hes a nice guy a bit of a QT sometimes.
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 am

Boom:
Give him a shot rather then the maggot peon punted who has no idea

Edit:
+1 for noting boom as vouch before he's own brother grandil - for being named Keisha

-1 for wanting to be Kozmo
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gongala Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:31 pm

Puudizz wrote:-1 for wanting to be Kozmo

see told ya he was a QT some times =).
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:36 pm

Gongala wrote:I have also read this but i have also heard that this stat priority is for later gear and that you should first go for around 16% mastery(which is what i am at now) and then just go all out haste, once i get better gear i shall be reforging/geming more towards haste.

I tried to do a bit of a search for it and all I could really find was some ele sham thread saying he had also heard about getting 16 mastery (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/773219-Elemental-shaman-reforging). Maybe you're thinking about the base chance of 16% for Elemental Overload to occur?

Where did you hear about the 16 mastery 'sweet spot' and what's the reasoning behind it?
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:55 pm

+1 for Grandzbro.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Gongala Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Spl wrote:Where did you hear about the 16 mastery 'sweet spot' and what's the reasoning behind it?

To be honest i was going full haste at the start then a good friend who has helped me in the past and who's judgment i trust, Mr Boomboom assured me that mastery was the superior stat at this point in gear so i trusted his words and went mastery but if you wish it Spl i can do a 10minute dummies test and then reforge/gem/enchant haste and do again and compare the results it shouldn't take more than an hour and a couple of hundred gold well worth it if you prove to be right.
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 pm

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm

^ haha

no need to do that, i was curious since a lot of theory crafting + general consensus suggests haste is superior. maybe something to read up on to confirm?

anyway, rest of your app seems fine so good luck
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Gongala Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks Spl and yes i will be doing some thorough researching to make sure that this is a good choice in stat priority.
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:36 am

Gl man Smile

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Gongala Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:43 am

Thanks Roidzz =).
Gongala
Gongala

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:30 am

Accepted for trial. Come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down