Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter.

4 posters

Go down

[Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter. Empty [Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter.

Post  Beastial Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:27 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Beastial
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Tru Stori
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/beastial/advanced
Talent Spec: Survival
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:

Spec
Currently 3/5/33, although I have some contemplation as to changing to 3/7/31 in order to improve the damage of Cobra Shot at the start of boss fights.
Glyphs
- Glyph of Kill Shot for the extra burst damage when boss is below 20%.
- Glyph of Explosive Shot for the improved critical strike chance.
- Glyph of Arcane Shot for the 12% bonus damage, as arcane shot is a useful focus sink especially during Lock & Load procs.
Gems consist entirely of Deadly Ember Topaz (+20 agility, +20 critical strike rating) and Delicate Inferno Ruby (+40 agility). I have not gemed for hit as my gear alone leaves me hit capped.
Reforging thus far has consisted of reforging spare hit to Critical Strike, although I will soon be reforging towards haste in order to get the optimal 1.66 second Cobra Shot's (In order to fire 3 Cobra Shot's in between each explosive shot, achieving near perfect timing)
Enchants are geared toward Agility, Ranged attack power and Crit, armory is currently updated, and I've added several new enchants, although admittedly, some are still missing.
Stats
5212 agility
961 Hit Rating (+8.00 Hit Chance a.k.a hit capped)
11403 ranged attack power, unbuffed.

What makes you an exceptional player? I feel that I am an exceptional player as I am confident in my ability to play my class, I am mature and calm during any situation in raids and I am willing to stay for as long as needed to down that newest boss.
Link to current UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/67752665.png/

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started 2 years ago, although I fell out since the server I was originally playing on (Dreadmaul - Alliance) Was pretty much dead. Now days I've began to play more seriously although this particular character was only made around 25 days ago.
What is your raid experience? Downed 5/12 ICC, All of ToC 10/25, some of Naxx and OS3D when it was current on my Death Knight ( named Phorlorn on Dreadmaul) and again, I reinforce that Dreadmaul Alliance had very little progression, and was filled with mostly trolls. Currently have only managed to down 3/12 + Argaloth, as the guild I am currently in, well lets just say, progression isn't going to well
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? People are often killed by the simplest mechanic (standing in fire after Time drake is down in the Halfus encounter) and really, it's not progressing anytime soon.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Was apart of "Peri Peri" back on Dreadmaul.

Personal Facts

Regular play time: 12p.m - 1a.m server time, varies
Can you make all the raid times? (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days) Yes

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to experience progression early in an expansion, something I've been unable to do during WotLK, I want to join a guild in which I can show myself to be useful, rather than having the group wipe on simple mechanics because even after being slowed, people still walk into the adds etc.
How did you hear about us? Through other raiders, also have raided with one of your members on several occasions, (Warlock, Neroveus)
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No
Can this person vouch for you? Neroveus may be able to, we downed Halfus and Magmaw with him (not much of an achievement, but non the less)
Why should we accept you into Proxy? Although you are likely not interested in recruiting hunters, as they breed like rabbits, and no, I do not have a lot of past raiding experience, I'm already doing quite well all things considered (having to pug raids.) I often am the one calling out mechanics in vent, organizing people, telling them to stack. I ALWAYS research my fights, I don't just go on Youtube and look up a video and say that I know the fight; instead I go on WoWWiki or other such sights, research each mechanic to make sure I'm solid on what I need to do. I'm fine with being a sub even if it means I rarely get into raids, because at the rate I'm going now with my current guild, we might as well not be raiding at all. I'm very much assuming this application will be denied, but I hope that in that case, I could receive some constructive feedback as to what I need to improve (if the reasoning is my spec/glyphs/enchants or other such cases.)

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card) Q6600 Quad Core, 9800GTX + 1GB, 4gb ram.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra, ADSL2+ connection
Do you disconnect often? Rarely.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No

Last edited by Beastial on Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Beastial

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter. Empty Re: [Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter.

Post  Grandil Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:24 pm

All you have to do is glance at your armory and you can see whats wrong here.
"5 empty glyph slots, 7 unenchanted items"
you didn't even pass the armory character audit.

Grandil
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter. Empty Re: [Withdrawn] Beastial - Survival hunter.

Post  Beastial Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm

Grandil wrote:All you have to do is glance at your armory and you can see whats wrong here.
"5 empty glyph slots, 7 unenchanted items"
you didn't even pass the armory character audit.

As I stated earlier, the armory is currently outdated and those have been worked on, although, admittedly my head and shoulder enchants are lacking.

Secondly, Minor glyphs for hunters have almost no use.

EDIT: Armory has updated.

Beastial

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:29 pm

You're 16 and you live in Perth, so you'd be attending school. Since raids start at 3.30pm our time, just wonder what time your school finishes?
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokki Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:12 am

- Glyph of Arcane Shot for the 12% bonus damage, as arcane shot is a useful focus sink especially during Lock & Load procs.

While it does make a good focus dump, at current gear levels you should rarely have much focus to dump and when you do, cobra shot does similar damage to arcane shot as is. The only time you should really use arcane shot is when moving and other shots are on CD and it is not worth switch to Aspect of the Fox. For this reason you would benefit more from a gylph like Serpent sting at this point in an xpac. Also please explain what you mean by using it during LnL procs.

Secondly, Minor glyphs for hunters have almost no use.

That statement shows your lack of experience as a raider, even if they do very little they are always there and there is absolutely no reason at all why you should not have them. Glyph of FD can easily save your life, Glyph of Mend pet keeps you pet happy with ease, and revive pet is very useful if you pet dies. As for you selection of Major glyphs, Concussive shot grants no benefit unless you are kiting something in which case you would most likely have a more reliable slow assigned and if not you can always change glyphs to it. You would be much better with something like glyph of disengage with proves very useful when having to move quickly or glyph of deterrence which can save your life and your healers mana. Glyph of raptor strike is also and amazing glyph even though it may look like a pvp glyph.

As for you spec, i find it hard to believe that you gain much benefit out of Point of No Escape and im assuming thats why you have glyph of frost trap, which is also a situational glyph and should be replaced by one of the glyphs mentioned above. You should change you spec to what you suggested however you should also pick up Sic 'em! from points in One with Nature.

Final few things are about your enchants/gems. Good to see you have enchanted them but really should have been done before you applied. Currently you have a lesser agil to cape (can get 22agil) and also you have the wrong leg patch. A Nightmare Tear in your belt??? that was last xpac ditch that please.

Rokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Beastial Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:29 am

Thanks for your constructive feedback, at this point I assume there is no reason to continue with this application, and as such I will withdraw it.

Cheers
Beast

Beastial

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down