Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App

3 posters

Go down

Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App Empty Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App

Post  emosaur~ Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:29 am

Hey there!
You may consider me a stalker, but I felt with the new(ish) patch, some of my previous playstyles have been outdated and as such I felt I should inform you of my work post-patch.

Cheers for your time! Smile

Player Information
Character Name:
Mystikhar
Server:
Barthilas

Current Guild:
Pogue Mahone
Armory Link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Mystikhar
Talent Spec:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Mystikhar

I can confidently fill the role of either enhance or resto, I have delved into ele, back when Dip was learning h lk, I was competitive then, have practised recently on the dummies with the new abilities, just don’t enjoy it as much as the other two.

I apply to Proxy as a talented player capable of filling any role you desire.

Spec 1: Enhance (5/31/0)
SPEC: At level 80 it appears the enhance spec is somewhat cookie cutter, with a slight variation depending on fights. My spec fits this category and is aimed for more single target dps with 2 points in improved shields. Of course, if it were more of an aoe essential fight such as h lk or h rs, putting those two points in improved fire nova is definitely superior.

GLYPHS:
Prime: Stormstrike, Feral Spirit, Lava Lash
These three abilities are the bread and butter of enhance. With the new improved searing totem, Lava Lash is hitting like a truck, and is an essential in any enhance shaman’s repertoire!
Stormstrike should always be up, and by being there is in turn buffing any magical damage from lightning shields/bolts and earth shocks thereafter, by increasing the damage of something constantly up it’s an easy decision. Especially so, as shaman’s are one with nature.
My doggies are my friend, and a 30% ap buff to these guys is brilliant, who wouldn’t want to increase the damage of an ability you can use every 2 minutes!

Major: Lightning Shield, Ghost Wolf, Chain Lightning/ Healing Stream Totem
The brilliance of Lightning Shield Glyph is, the saving of GCD’s, pre 4.0.1 when we were GCD locked it was a big decision whether to refresh or not, blizz have made it too easy with this glyph. Free damage by just being there, can’t complain!
This patch, Blizz finally helped us be more competitive with the other melee on moving fights, by giving us the insta ghost wolf option in the enhance spec, add to that the fact we can use it indoors! With the addition of the glyphs, I’m moving a whole
5% away from the defiles and combustions.

The last glyph I use here varies priority for boss fights falls on Glyph of Healing Stream, purely for the extra resistances it adds to the raid group. Else, Glyphof Chain Lightning is usefulfor trash, allowing us to hit an extra two mobs as stated. Fear not, I carry myVanishing Powder by the stack load.

Minor: Renewed Life, Arctic Wolf, Water Walking
Mostly cosmetic and for the freeing up of bag space, especially important when youcarry around multiple gear sets in your bags.

GEMS/ENCHANTS:
As we move towards cataclysm and mastery becomes a very important aspect of the enhanceshamans gearing style (to compensate for loss of spell crit we got in 4.0.1), using EnhSim and testing dummies myself, I have established that gemming all agility gems to superior to gemming expertise or hit (unless attempting to activate the agi helm meta). As a rule of thumb, I have aimed for pure agility gems in all spots, unless the socket bonus is worthwhile (+6 agi), in which case an orange agi/ haste gem is my gem of choice. The reasoning behind gemmingall agility is, the valuable crit and attack power we gain for it and the sheer fact that agility as a primary stat cannot be reforged, whereas hit andexpertise as secondary stats can be. In addition, as you are aware, no masterygems are as yet available.

Therefore, when it comes to reforging, as our crit levels are approaching crit gap as this gear level, I reforged excess to become hit and expertise capped. Once I’d achieved these important values, I moved towards mastery reforging and am currently sitting on 17.74% mastery. Side note, thanks to the nerfing of haste buffs, haste is no longer a preferred stat, so where there was no crit on gear I reforged haste.

In summary, RED=AGILITY, YELLOW=AGI/HASTE (assuming +6 agi socket bonus) else AGILITY, BLUE= HIT (assuming +6 agi socket bonus) else AGILITY. META socket =Relentless Earthsiege Diamond. Enchants all aim to maximise agility, opting for attack power if agility enchant not available.

Spec 2: (0/5/31)
I also have a solid resto set and have been healing for PM over the last month or so. Ever since I started raiding I have always been the guilds token hybrid. As long as I’ve been enhance I’ve also been resto, it’s scary seeing how much I’ve spent on respeccing before duel-specs kicked in.

SPEC: Through the wonderful world of theory crafting and elitist jerks, the spec I have settled on I believe is a solid raid healing spec. Where to spend 34 of the points was a no brainer, the final two which I placed in ‘Ancestral resolve’ came to be to ease the burden of damage in many ICC encounters. I toyed with putting them in ‘Focused Insight’ or ‘Cleansing Waters’, but decided, survivability > all.

GLYPHS:
Prime: Earth Shield, Earthliving Weapon, Riptide/ Water Shield
Earth Shield on tank at all times, 20% bonus heals especially on complex/ moving fights, could be that ‘oh crap’ moment you needed to save the raid.
Thanks to Blizz’s addition of new spells I’m enjoying spicing it up a lot these days between out growing collection. In the raid environment, chain heal is still quite bread and butter of our play style, and I’ve simmed thanks to this fact that Earthliving Weapon Glyph, is quite competitive, improving earhliving by 20% - great for those aoe hectic fights where earthliving consumes a good chunk of effective heals.
Finally I’m still torn as to what works the best, since 4.0.1 kicked in I haven’t had much time in ICC25 (thanks to PM being somewhat inactive), so I’ve been playing with the idea of keeping my mana under control with water shield (thank you blizz for my mana tide nerf) or increasing the duration of riptide. The only dangerous thing with riptide is, it’s nice to extend the length, but chain heal oftens consumes it, and then we might have a wasted glyph. Coming down to playstyle I’m learning towards water shield for the most part, with riptide in for fights like sindy and val.

Major: Chain Heal, Healing Stream, Totemic Recall
These glyphs were a little lack luster compared to the other specs, chain heal glyph, definitely a no brainer, if a resto shaman hasn’t got this glyph they should die? When chain heal comprises such a large chunk of a resto shaman’s effective healing, who wouldn’t want 15% more?
Healing Stream Totem Glyph, as an assist to providing resistances, us shaman, we value ourselves in being helpful to all. The final choice I wet with was totemic recall, purely as I couldn’t find anything better to fill the slot. Bonus mana when moving
locations, something we do a lot of in icc, quite handy.

Minor: Renewed Life, Arctic Wolf, Water Walking
AS ABOVE - Mostly cosmetic and for the freeing up of bag space, especially important when you carry around multiple gear sets in your bags.

GEMS/ENCHANTS:
Haste, haste and more haste. Prior to any form of reforging, I’m sitting on 1235 haste, this is perfect and gets the gcd of lesser heal down to about 1 second, handy thing is, we don’t have this spell anymore, and unbuffed, out of combat, chain heal sits at 1.8 secs. Getting this baby down to the 1 sec gcd would be awesome! Especially considering mastery is so incredibly disappointing for resto shamans as they currently stand.

I’m currently on about 31% crit, and I find this is a safe level for big chain heals and healing surge crits! I haven’t reforged my gear much (not because I don’t want to, purely because mastery is that average but if I had some spare stats, would delve into more haste for faster chain heal spam.

So naturally, my enchants all favour haste, with gear enchants all leaning towards spell power (or intellect as we now knowing call it) and haste as appropriate, with runspeed to boots as a necessity. When it comes to socketing, yellow = haste, red= haste/sp and blue (if the socket bonus is worth it) = haste/mp5.

What makes you an exceptional player?
My flexibility and ability to adapt to and change roles as required. I can’t mention how many times I’ve respecced for the guild, or brought in an alt to conquer a challenging boss. I’m quick to learn new things and not afraid to admit if I ever make a mistake. I have played a shaman throughout all of BC and Wotlk, sitting in some of the top guilds throughout that time, so I know my stuff and am constantly trying to max dps/hps. Believe it or not there is more to dps/healing than stormstrike-afk and chain heal spam. My ability to raid lead is also an asset I am proud of, it takes a certain person to lead a group of people who’ve never met before to achieve a common goal. In addition, I’m not afraid of being told what to do – my students try to do it to me every day.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat):
Wow, turns out I don’t have a single in raid screen shot of my shaman. Will a ui shot in av suffice?

https://s1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee452/mystikhar/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_101010_105651.jpg

Tbh my ui isn’t anything fancy – it has grid for all my healing needs in combination with clique and other essential addons (omen, dbm). I’m not a fan of clogging up my screen real estate as it will just decrease my pc performance. As for key binds, well everything’s mostly mouse bound with the exception of my health pots/ stones/ haste pot and racials. Yes I did bind bloodlust to something random... but that’s purely for safety.

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I used to watch my now husband raid zg and aq back in Vanilla,I had my
own account, but really just ran around and killed stuff for fun. I really didn’t enter the raiding game until kara. Levelled 1-70 on Ursin, before transferring to Barthilas at the era of Kara in July 2007.

What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)

Wotlk: 25man – cleared naxx, ulduar (inc algalol and yogg 0), toc, togc (mad skill), icc 12/12 norm and 11/12 hm (10man much the same), and rs. The only thing I haven’t killed in game is h lk, but have seen all the way to 20%, with some frostmourne room shenanigans along the way. And that’s purely because, once the officers got h lk in 10 man, they seemed to lose interest in killing it, so us poor raiders haven’t got much h lk action beyond our 25 man attempts. Also h rs haven’t really done much on it, as no one around seems even remotely keen. L In saying that though, the shared lock out has now killed all my dreams!

BC: kara, gruuls, mag, ssc, tk, hyjal, bt full clears, with up to felmyst in swp (pre-nerf) – it was then that nerf hit and wotlk came along, so the end of expansion lull hit and we didn’t see much more of swp

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I have been with PM since June now, and I’ll be honest, since joining I feel I have gone backwards on progression. Moving from clearing 11/12 icc25 hms in 3 hours (with Dip) to struggling for 9/12 over three raid nights is really getting me down. I have always been incredibly competitive and mastering end game content is something I strive for. Most of the people joined PM to hang with are now in Proxy, as are many of my ex-Dip mates. Proxy has the motivation to kill things (even old school, and random late night runs), the right attitude towards the game, and that’s something I really admire that I’d like to be a part of as we move towards Cataclysm.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

Serendipity – joined them somewhere in the middle of TOGC. Got our icc25 server first achieves/ drakes and stepped down from progression on a positive note. Our core raiders were a solid group who worked brilliantly as a group, together we could do anything! (I hear Proxy is much like that but more)
Prior to this was an officer in Suits n Guns, we were quite a force back in BC, but our GM went MIA during Wotlk and the officers could only hold on for so long before we imploded. I enjoyed taking a step back and enjoying raiding again as a raider without the crazy responsibility of controlling 25 people in a raid (it was often harder than a classroom of 15 year olds!).

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only):
Sally
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please):
Melb, GMT+10
Regular play time:
630 to midnight week nights, most weekends
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less
raid days):
Yes I can, I’m a school teacher so pretty solid working hours = flexible nights. The only exception is every other Monday I have a staff meeting, so 6:30 start might be pushing it.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
There’s a lot of people in Proxy who I really enjoy raiding with (might be on vent with them right now), and leet’s late night 10man shenanigans is reminding me how much fun it is. I want to experience the end game content of wotlk. You guys have some of the best players I’ve ever stumbled across and I’d love to be competitive with them both now and in cata.
How did you hear about us?
To be honest, it’s hard not to. Always hearing good things about the way proxy rolls, clean, quick raids, with fast wipe recovery when learning new stuff and their progression for horde is amazing. Was a great move to combine some of the big names in horde to show alliance we are a force to be reckoned with.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Chiv, Zilch, Rainy, Geo, Brax, Grawr – a mixture of trials, friends and raiders, but all awesome.

Can this person vouch for you? I hope so
Why should we accept you into Proxy?

I am a perfectionist and teacher by day, so I don’t do things in halves. I put 110% into everything I do, and wow is no exception. One of the things I admire the most about proxy is their teamwork and solid leadership, 25 (or more) people working together to make stuff happen. I have exceptional raid awareness and having filled all roles (melee dps, ranged dps, heals and tank) in all fights, I pride myself in understanding the boss mechanics for all. Theorycrafting is one of the things that really got me into raiding, being the best you can be, and always striving for improvement. In saying all this, I’m a team player, and the proxy environment appeals to me.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?
Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
Yes and I’m not afraid to use it!
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
4G RAM, Intel Core i5 CPU 2.67GHz, G-Force 8800 GTS. Pretty solid in the raid environment, worst case scenario 60fps on those high def fights.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
Internode ADSL2+ latency usually cruises around 2-300ms in dal.
Do you disconnect often?
Nope
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
Internode being the gaming isp, I have access to tunnels which I use from time to time, but on the whole my net and connection are pretty stable.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
I think thats the last time I dpsed for PM – faceroll boss I know, but fun nonetheless.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/xnzlgxd3qwhcqk5m/sum/damageDone/?s=4592&e=4786

A link to my heals form last week’s raid – shows my versatility.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-wd5zt3mg1nwlzhl1/sum/healingDone/

I’d just like to thank you for the opportunity to apply to your guild. Just thought I’d inform you, I also have a handful of decently geared alts (feral bear/kitty drood and lol-affliction lock) and am happy to change up class or spec as the guild so desires. I’m aware you have a handful of solid and decent shaman raiders in your midst, but I’d love the opportunity to show you what I can do.

Naw, this doesn't look as pretty as it did in word, but I tried Smile
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App Empty Re: Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App

Post  Kald Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 am

geo replacement right there +1
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App Empty Re: Mystikhar - Enh/Resto Shaman - Private App

Post  Skitzone Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:02 am

Healed with her in the alt run, didn't do a horrible job, besides choking stacks on valithria didn't look to bad. Done a few achs with her, helped get our dedicated titles. Wouldn't mind giving her a go when will/spl cant be on time Smile

Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down