Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application

+2
Fuls
hendog
6 posters

Go down

[Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application Empty [Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application

Post  hendog Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Hendoghashax
Server: Barthilas - alliance. Obviously, I will transfer to horde if I get accepted for trial Smile
Current Guild: Parabola
Armory Link:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Hendoghashax
Talent Spec: 58/0/13
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec is quite a standard build for Balance druids, with 2 points going into natures reach rather than brambles or genesis because of the increased range and reduced threat which indirectly is a better dps gain than the other two talents. This is because the talents allows me to move less than what otherwise would have been required in some circumstances to get in range which is highyl beneficial since balance druids can do very minimal dps while moving. The reduction in threat also means that I do not have to worry about competing on threat with tanks which can be detrimental to my dps as well as my own personal survival and potentially that of the raid.

Glyphs are pretty standard - I currently use Glyph of Starefire, Starfall and Moonfire because they are the best dps glyphs.

Enchants are again pretty standard with SP enchants on my rings because of my enchanting profession. In terms of gemming, I basically gem, straight SP in most sockets, SP + haste in orange sockets and in 2 blue sockets, I gem SP + spirit for the meta activation.

What makes you an exceptional player? Although I've only been playing WoW for a short period of time compared to many other players, I am very familiar with the current raiding content and while I know how to optimise my dps, I also have a very good understanding of the raid utility of a druid in my Brez, knockback and innervate.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat):
https://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc494/hendoghashax/?action=view&current=ScreenShot_100110_125317.jpg
Innervate and Brez are bounded to my extra mouse buttons with clique mouse-over functions on my raid frames

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I've been playing WoW since the start of the year which makes my playing time around 9 months
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
TogC10/25
ICC 25 11/12 HM with some LK prog
Halion 10/25 Normal
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
My last guild was Parabola - 11/12ICC 25HM guild. The guild basically disband because the GM and some officers wanted to go to Red Sun for Cata and LK didn't look like it was going to be downed given attendance rates and other factors.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
The other raiding guild which I have been apart of was Vitare where I became a core raider before I left for Parabola to raid with friends

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Henry
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Gold Coast, Queensland. AEST
Regular play time: During the week when I have spare time which is normally after Uni.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):
I can make all days except thursday because of a uni lecture where I normally can be on by 8:30.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? The guild is obviously a solid guild given its progression and this is what I am looking for, a group of committed players who are around my experience level
How did you hear about us? Forums/friends
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Nopeee
Can this person vouch for you? Nope
Why should we accept you into Proxy?
Given that the guild is actively recruiting a Balance Druid, I think that I can potentially be a very valuable raider. This is because I believe that I know my class very well and given the amount of time I have raided 25HM content, I also believe that I am very experienced with the game mechanics with a very good understanding of the mechanics of the LK fight. Because of this, I believe that my skills and knowledge of the game are on par or close to it to those raiding in Proxy and such I believe that I have what is required to at least be worth a trial in the guild.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 4GB RAM, 2.66GHz i5 processors, Geforce 320M graphics card
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Bigpond, 1600kbs down, 256kbs up
Do you disconnect often? Just in the past week, mum's been changing our landline number which has caused some internet issues but I called up and it should be fixed by the end of the week. Normally I don't disconnect at all.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Nopee

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/16149074#damageout

On a side note, I also have a frost dk alt which I’m happy to run as my main if you guys really need a frost dk. Armory link will be listed below and I’m happy to make another application if you guys are interested in it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Hendoghasnat

Another note, you guys might see that my hit may appear to be quite low and this is mainly because it’s optimized for alliance raiding. The hit required with a dranei for a balance druid is 237 which is the exact number I’m current at and I recognize that if I transfer, I’ll need to make up the 1% hit rating, most likely through an upgrade in my neck to the amulet of silent eulogy given my current gear.

Apart form this, thanks for reading my application and I’ll be happy to answer any queries you guys might have especially since I don’t have any screens or links of my dps.

Last edited by emosaur~ on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:43 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added dps link)

hendog

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application Empty Re: [Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application

Post  Fuls Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:00 am

How you dont know how to upload a screenshot is beyond me and quite worrying....

Why haven't you gone for heroic Nibelung? From what I understand it is BiS For boomkins untill Heroic LK weapons...
Fuls
Fuls

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application Empty Re: [Declined] Hendog - Balance Druid Application

Post  hendog Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:15 am

O its not a matter of me not knowing how to upload a screenshot, I just don't know any sites where I can do it lol apart from facebook. However, I have got one now after asking someone and I'll post some dps screens and stuff when I get on my computer.

In terms of Nibelung, although I do have it, the reason why I don't use it all the time is because the val'kyrs can die to any raid damage and so in fights such as BQL, Festergut, Sindragosa and even just random aoe damage like flames from Marrowgar, the proc becomes almost useless at the cost of a significant amount of haste and some crit and SP. So because of this, I basically have 2 sets of situational weapons until obviously I am able to get H LK weapons.

hendog

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:16 am

actually what he has now is BiS till heroic LK weapons

in regards to screenshot uploading, do some googling fkface... try Imageshack.us
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  hendog Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:58 am

Raid UI added and dug up a log from about 2 weeks ago Smile complete app now. sorry about the lack of screens/links prior to this

hendog

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Tiger wrote:actually what he has now is BiS till heroic LK weapons

in regards to screenshot uploading, do some googling fkface... try Imageshack.us

According to EJ's It is BiS For most fights from simulations and spreadsheets so he is right to have it in his bags to swap on bosses that don't have much aoe(Which is most the bsoses in ICC), bendher you should know that :\

"The [Nibelung] proc is strong. In an ideal situation, it will do somewhat more DPS than equal-ilvl weapons. The complication is that the Val'kyr can be killed by ordinary damage, so on some fights will they not add much DPS, making the weapon worse than a "normal" one. Overall a strong item, but keep your other options in mind at fights where it doesn't work well."

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t66856-druid_balance_pve_updated_3_3_5_a/

Fuls
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Tiger wrote: in regards to screenshot uploading, do some googling fkface...

Ouch
Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinori Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:27 pm

I think his gear is great. Weapon choice is good.

Good app, good luck!
Tinori
Tinori

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:13 am

Tinori wrote:I think his gear is great. Weapon choice is good.

Good app, good luck!

Should you be saying :
"To be honest with you, your gear is pretty good. I was hoping your dps is higher than what you shown us in that WMO report."
Fuls
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:43 am

Declined. Thanks for your application but we're going to have to pass on you for now.
We've got two boomkins on trial who are doing pretty well at the moment.
Good luck search for a raiding guild.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down