Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Thrasy - Warlock

+6
Haxiom
picto
Viskus
Trakor
Tinori
Thrasy
10 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Thrasy - Warlock Empty [Accepted]Thrasy - Warlock

Post  Thrasy Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Thrasy
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Proxy
Armory Link: Here.
Talent Spec: Main Spec: 56/0/15 Affliction; Offspec: 2/14/55 Destruction
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: While my preferred raiding spec is and has always been Affliction (barring a few builds where it was too weak relative to burstier specs, ie, Sunwell & early Ulduar), my current gear level slightly favours a Deep Destro build with 2/3 Suppression. The absence of Improved Soul Leech and the Spirit itemisation of late-Tournament gear means that Glyph of Lifetap is superior to Imp or Immolate at this stage. However, the Haste scaling of ICC gear over raw spellpower leads to Affliction DPS output diverging pretty quickly. Which is great, because I love the playstyle of Affliction. I have a genuine feel for it after playing it almost exclusively (and perhaps slightly stubbornly) for so many years and rarely have to even glance at my dot-timer anymore. I hope it remains a competitive raid build in Cataclysm, and I'm interested in seeing how the new shard mechanic can be incorporated.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): Here is a recent one, although it's not completely polished. I'm a bit anal about my UI, and I start from scratch and fine-tune things until I'm completely happy. This is probably a better example of the finished product with configured raid frames. I use a Blood Fury/trinket macro bound to my opening spell/AoE for both specs and a Dark Pact/Lifetap macro for Affliction. I also use a MSBT custom event trigger for Drain Soul ticks. Other main raid-related addons include Quartz, FortExorcist, Classtimer, Omen and OmniCC.

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I first rolled Thrasymachus the gnome warlock on Aman'Thul in the heady days of December 2006. It was my first toon and, despite rolling a warrior when it became clear how desperately my leveling guild needed a decent tank, I consider it my only main. I had no real interest in raiding initially, but I saw a video of a European guild farming Molten Core and became interested. I was around level 55 when Burning Crusade came out, so I missed out on Vanilla raiding, but I quickly leveled both my toons to 70 and joined a raiding guild, Zodiac, with plans of being a tank. When it became clear that a dearth of raiding warlocks made it difficult for them to regularly progress past Netherspite, I switched back to Thras again and never looked back.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO?
Karazhan - Mu'ru: Clear pre-3.02.
Sunwell: Clear post-3.02.
Obsidian Sanctum: Clear.
Naxxramas: Clear.
Ulduar: Clear.
TotC: Clear.
TotGC: Twins Clear.
ICC 10 & 25: Clear.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I've been a raiding member of Noctis Erus since November 2007. I had to switch to a more casual role just before NE got realm first ToTGC on Barth, having recently moved interstate and basically starting over again for personal reasons, and about six months ago I had to quit the game altogether to focus more on issues related to work and education, which I had been neglecting. Now that I have rebalanced my priorities and, coupled with the more work-friendly raiding time of 18:30, I would like the opportunity to become a full-time raider again. I feel that my demonstrable reliability and experience can overcome my short-term gearing issues, but I'd also like to point out that my main goal is to focus on helping Proxy become the #1 Barthilas guild in Cataclysm.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Zodiac, Molotov, Not Steamboat, Noctis Erus.

Personal Facts
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Melbourne, +10 GMT
Regular play time: I logon most days since I'm addicted to dailies, but it's impossible to nail down a specific schedule that isn't raid-related.
Can you make all the raid times: Yep.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I think that the NE/Cross has a quality core group of raiders that has the potential to be competitive in the next expansion. As I said, the later raiding times are much more convenient for me, and I really don't have the inclination to start over again in another guild. I've been in very few guilds in my time, and I don't leave them lightly.
How did you hear about us? -
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Haxiom, Picto, Amuzed, Fozby, Kald, Ellipse, Mayia, Lilah, Trakor, ie most of the old-school NE raiders. Not being presumptuous enough to call any of them "friends", but we've known each other for a while and been through a lot.
Can this person vouch for you? Probably. Except Picto. Ignore everything he says about me. I was drunk.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? I threw out my crappy old headset, but a shiny new one ordered off eBay should be arriving this week.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 4 gigs RAM, 3.33 GHz Core2 Duo, Nvidia GeForce GTX 260.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? TPG ADSL2+.
Do you disconnect often? No.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Honestly, I've never needed to. My latency pretty consistently averages 250. I'll look into it, though.
Thrasy
Thrasy

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Thrasy - Warlock Empty Re: [Accepted]Thrasy - Warlock

Post  Tinori Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 am

Its good that you use to raid in NE. But i notice you haven't login much to try gear up your character.

You haven't done ICC 25 or 10 man this week. Even a pug can clear 8-9 bosses.

So are you really committed or do you just want us to gear you up and wait for cata?
Tinori
Tinori

Back to top Go down

Post  Trakor Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am

+1 from me. Even if he's not rdy for lk hm anytime soon, I look at it as a long term investment. He's proven himself before in the past several times and once he recovers from his break and catches up, he can be a valuable member.

Trakor

Back to top Go down

Post  Viskus Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:45 am

Tinori wrote:You haven't done ICC 25 or 10 man this week. Even a pug can clear 8-9 bosses.

So are you really committed or do you just want us to gear you up and wait for cata?
Really that should be irrelevant, a player with this amount of experience before the lol! content should have a little more pull than this comment.
Probably the best warlock I have ever played with, with an IQ level probably double your average wow player.
Viskus
Viskus

http://www.wilkindesign.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  picto Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:25 am

cunt be pro hes been around since before most of you boys could get a hard penis Very Happy, has the right attitude and the skill that is needed. def an investment +1 from me
picto
picto

Back to top Go down

Post  Haxiom Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:00 am

Apart from being a pro player and a great learner, he gets my political/economics jokes and provides many himself. A definite +1!
Haxiom
Haxiom

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:09 am

Trakor wrote:+1 from me. Even if he's not rdy for lk hm anytime soon, I look at it as a long term investment. He's proven himself before in the past several times and once he recovers from his break and catches up, he can be a valuable member.

A +1 From trakor means a -3 from me
Fuls
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasy Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 am

Tinori wrote:So are you really committed or do you just want us to gear you up and wait for cata?
I've been interstate for the past week regarding family issues and court cases. In fact, I only just flew back from Sydney a few hours ago. It's one week out of fifty-two that I knew it would probably happen, but the timing was still very short-notice, and it happened to coincide with my application. That said, I specified in my first post that my main focus was long-term into Cataclysm because I don't expect to take anyone's raid spot at this stage. I want to see you guys smashing LK and Halion HMs, and I don't have the gear or ICC experience to warrant inclusion in the main raid group. Having a weak link in the chain isn't in anyone's best interest. The reason I'm applying is primarily to make my intentions clear.
Thrasy
Thrasy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grumble Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 am

Fuls wrote:
Trakor wrote:+1 from me. Even if he's not rdy for lk hm anytime soon, I look at it as a long term investment. He's proven himself before in the past several times and once he recovers from his break and catches up, he can be a valuable member.

A +1 From trakor means a -3 from me

It's Thras, your opinion is irrelevant Smile

Also, I would like to take this opportunity to dredge up the "fuck pvp servers im not doing that shit" - server Xfer "Oh Hai NSB"

Not because it has any bearing on Thras's app to Proxy, but because it reminds me of the good old times and keeps me warm at night Smile

<3 Thras

This should be an auto invite, just like if Fuggle or Kaine app'd.

Grumble

Back to top Go down

Post  independence Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 am

+1 cause he sounds awsome

independence

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:32 am

Will give ya a shot, cant say I can offer you a raid spot anytime soon though, see how everythng goes

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down