Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid Empty [Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid

Post  Vacabunda Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Vacabunda
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild:None
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/vacabunda/simple
Talent Spec: Restoration - 8/2/31
Spec:My current spec incorporates the usual restoration talents with a heavy focus on mana regeneration. I picked up both Furor 2/3 and Moonglow to compliment this. Nature's Swiftness no longer provides that life saving heal so I consider it useless compared to benefits of other talents. Once the mana changes take effect and I feel comfortable mana wise I plan on putting points into genesis especially considering heroic 25 mans tend to deal heavy burst damage.
Glyphs: I use the standard glyphs. Regrowth glyph is still quite useless so for standard prime are used. Innervate give me that much needed extra when working with other druids. Rebirth to 100% health also very important especially when rezzing tanks who got to get back in the fight asap. Minor glyph dash for the extra dash which comes in very handy.
Gemming: Simplistic Gemming, gem for int except in the case where a hybrid can cover the int loss. Also making sure to take benefit of meta of course with the haste hybrid.
What makes you an exceptional player?
I am disciplined and determined to be the best. You put me in and you can expect that I will be there on time and follow directions to the best of my ability. I am not afraid to communicate when necessary and I learn from my mistakes fast. I believe I have what it takes to hang with the best and always continue to try to better my ability.

Screenshot of ui:https://s835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/hsoares/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_011911_223205.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I have been playing since wow was in open beta.
What is your raid experience?
Other MMO:
EQ/EQ2/Star Wars Galaxies/Lotr
Classic/BC:
When I first started playing I wasn't a raider I raided MC in pugs and Onyxia, the same during BC I was never in a hardcore raiding guild.
Wotlk:
I was deployed during the lich king ulduar but came back and joined invidious in tichondrius and we cleared 11/12 Heroic 25 ICC.
I did this on my shammy dropkicks as a healer if you want to check his profile.
I then moved to japan and server transferred to Oceanic Servers where I joined extra bag space in Saurfang
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I wanted more from a guild then what they were offering. They raided 3 nights a week and I wanted 4 but they really wanted to be semi casual. I felt we could have been better if we put more time into it. I have the time to give so I sought a better guild (you guys)
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Tichondrius - Invidious
Saurfang - Extra Bag Space

Personal Facts
Regular play time: 6:30-12 ish server sometimes more
Can you make all the raid times? Yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?Hardcore professional guild that gets things done, I wanna be a part of that. I share your thirst in becoming the best and doing what is necessary to be the best.
How did you hear about us? Through the forum and asking around.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No
Can this person vouch for you? No
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I know I have what it takes, I'm willing to do what it takes to be a part of your guild. You need a resto druid, I'm your man.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs: i7 3.2 GHZ 12 gig ram Dual ATI 5800 Crossfire
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Americable 3MB/s download no limit
Do you disconnect often? Very very rarely
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? never needed it

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

I raided as Beastmood in EBS
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ki8apsh6nstq3vmo/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kyej6xxjahm3sdbj/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/roai3jyh7lui4eae/

Theory Crafting Philosophy:
As a restoration druid our strength lies in mobility and area sustained healing. This is especially usefull in a 25 man environment where smart healing really shines. As of right now reports of druid healing in the upper tiers is lacking in burst aoe that is experienced in heroic 25 mans. Although I have not experienced this lackluster I have found druid healing to be especially strong with competition I have encountered so far. My general strategy and priority is to keep lifebloom on the tank as raid damage is dished out I pop wild growth on cooldown and smart rejuv the raid as necessary. I also make sure to use swiftmend on cooldown as it is a great low mana heal especially effective in tight fights where groups need to be together for fight mechanic purposes, otherwise it is generally more usefull on melee who tend to be together more often. Tranquility is my ace in the hole, combined with treeform it sends healing off the charts, I would consider it overpowered even. I make sure to use cooldowns such as treeform and innervate as soon as possible to get multiple usage during fights, this usually isn't a problem since many fights allow ample time and opportunities. Many druids with the new expansion underestimate the power of rejuv, through heroics we are taught not to use these spells and instead use mana saving spells with longer cast times. In a 25 man environment 2 seconds is almost always too long to wait, you are either dodging something or there is too much damage being thrown out. We have to rely on rejuv and fast casts with heavier mana usage but our gear does successfully enable this as we reach the first tier in epics. So far I have experienced much success with mana problems and I am excited to spec into genesis soon possibly with the upcoming druid changes. I believe that druids have the capability to be the best of the healer class if played well. I love the versatility the class brings and the challenge of raid healing specifically in a 25 man environment.

If there are any questions or suggestions please let me know, see you in game.

Vacabunda

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid Empty Re: [Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid

Post  Fozby Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

Nice to see someone forked out the cash for a DMC, and then spent the time to farm the archaeology trinket.

I went through all the fights in your combat parses and i'm just wondering why you took 1/3 Nature's Bounty. In most of your parses Rejuvenation is usually your highest healing spell(if not, a close 2nd behind Wild Growth). Wouldn't the points be better off in Blessing of the Grove? You could even move a point from Empowered Touch as it doesn't look like you use Nourish/Healing Touch enough to make it worth it (10% more on something accounting for 2.1% of your heals is a +0.21% increase) since the alternative is to simply reapply a lifebloom.

My druids current spec is your spec with those adjustments, but i've also completely taken out the points in Empowered Touch and added it to Nature's Swiftness(you're right, it sucks right now)

Last edited by Fozby on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid Empty Re: [Accepted] Vacabunda - Restoration Druid

Post  Vacabunda Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:11 am

Fozby,

Thanks for taking the time to look into my app, you bring up some great feedback.

I went through all the fights in your combat parses and i'm just wondering why you took 1/3 Nature's Bounty?
As you know playing a resto druid regrowth is our flash heal and it's my spell to use on CC procs most often. The reason I put points into it is simply so that it does its job. Although your adjustments are definitely viable and regrowth does not encompass a huge amount of my heals. That extra crit specced in can be the difference in emergency situations and provide that extra umph for flash healing when necessary. In my opinion and for 1 point 20% crit was worth it in my decision making. Swiftmend is also used on cooldown if things go right and you get the full boost from the talent off just 1 point.

You could even move a point from Empowered Touch as it doesn't look like you use Nourish/Healing Touch enough to make it worth it
Healing touch is for emergency use mainly on tanks when they are taking a beating. While my guild was doing progression and I was first gearing up I sometimes found myself getting really low mana. When its a tank only healing situation and I'm low i switch to mana saving mode with is life bloom refresh w/ nourish. Although nourish is slightly more mana the combination effect is lifesaving at times and effective especially on crit coupled with the talent we discussed before. Your idea on the Empowered touch I really like and will implement into my healing, sometimes you need that person to look at your healing and give it to you from another perspective. I do feel like I have reached a point in where this talent could use revision I am feeling more comfortable with my mana. I am going to take your suggestion into my spec and see how it feels.

With all this being said with the new patch coming out theres still going to be alot of experimenting. I am hoping to be able to spare more points into genesis and then weigh my options on either empowered touch or blessing of the grove. As you know they are leaning towards more use of nourishes and buffing empowered touch as well as rejuv, this talent will be even more usefull in the near future due to changes. I think that nourish will be more 10 man oriented while 25 mans will focus on rejuv and hots but it will be nice to use our other spells more often.

It's all pretty exciting to me I think druids are gonna rock even more very soon!

Good luck on your raids this week pst if you need some tree heals!

Vacabunda

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:16 am

Vacabunda wrote:Good luck on your raids this week pst if you need some tree heals!
They don't look much like trees anymore?
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:11 am

But anyways, accepted. PST an officer for an invite.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down