Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Bazmodia - Fire mage

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Bazmodia - Fire mage Empty [Accepted] Bazmodia - Fire mage

Post  bazmodia Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:56 am

Player Information
Character Name: Bazmodia
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Proxy (Casual)
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/bazmodia/simple
Talent Spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/bazmodia/talent/secondary

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:
Spec: My current spec is the standard fire mage build, with points taken in pyromaniac for increased haste while living bomb is applied to 3 targets for fights with adds. Another way i couldve gone would be to take the 2 points out of pyromaniac and put them into clearcasting. Although this would help with mana control, it runs at a loss of about %1 dps for single target dps fight, and a hell of a lot more than that on fights with adds. I have also not taken points in Improved fire blast, to take points in Cauterize. I have found this ability to be incredibly useful on progression fights as it gives me another "life" so to speak. Also help for that little bit of human error. My other spec is a frost pvp spec as i run some arena for lols with a RL mate as well as bgs. Although i have been playing with some frost pve specs, i have found the my dps runs about 2k lower in frost. Could just be because im not practised at it.
Glyphs: For my Prime glyphs i have chosen Fireball, Living Bomb and Molten Armor. Fireball i have chosen for the extra %5 crit on my main nuke. Living Bomb, again, i have chosen for the extra crit to my main DoT. Molten armor gives me and extra 2% crit across the board, a fairly straight forward decision.
For my Major glyphs i have taken Evocation, Dragon's Breath and Blast wave. For the prime glyphs there isnt really much of an option but i have taken evocation for the heal it gives, Blast wave for an extra second slow and Dragon's Breath for reduced CD. i have heard that Dragon's Breath is very handy for the Cho'Gall fight, but i have not experienced it for myself yet.
For my Minor glyphs i have chosen Armors for the extra 30 mins on my buff, Arcane brilliance for the reduced mana cost of the spell, makes for quicker run-ins after wipes and glyph of slow fall just because im cheap and dont want to farm/buy reagents Smile
Gems: Fire mages run on the stat order of Hit > Int > SP > Crit > mastery/haste. Everything i have read tells me to gem aggressively for hit until cap, and then to gem for INT or INT/CRIT. I am currently using the +54 crit +3% crit chance meta. This requires more blue gems than red, which reinforces the need to gem for hit. I try to gem for the socket bonus if it is int, but if not i stack more int. The only exception to this is my belt, where i have taken a +67 int chimera eye over +20 int/crit.
Reforging: I reforge for hit if im under the cap. Other than this i am reforging anywhere i can for more crit.
Enchants: With cata enchants its basically just follow my stat order, and enchant for the highest possible stat in that order.

What makes you an exceptional player? What makes me an exceptional player is my ability to learn fast, and my attention to detail when it comes to raiding. I want to be the best, and although this isnt always the case, a bit of competition pushes me to better myself. I am always browsing through the mage forums on EJ trying to pick up little tips and hints where i can.
Link to current UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot011511132800.jpg/
I would like to take this opportunity to explain my keybindings a little bit. I play on a laptop, and for a long time i was a clicker (gah). When i apped to pogue my lack of keybindings nearly cost me a spot in the raid team. Although my number-pad keybindings dont seem to be in good position, the proximity of my mouse to my number pad makes in incredibly easy to smash out a berserking, or an evocation without even thinking about it. Also all of the spells bound to my number-pad are used without having to have my hand on the mouse, which allows me to smash down a key, while im strafing or running forward.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started playing WoW about 2 months before ICC was released. I hit 80 and geared just in time to start raiding. I have played 8+ hours every day since then.
What is your raid experience? My raid experience while current consists of ICC. I killed normal LK and got through 11/12 hms on 25s. Managed to get my HM LK 10 man kill on a proxy alt/casual run with Mysti.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I left Pogue Mahone mainly because they are raiding 10s. I much prefer 25s i find them a lot more fun.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Ascended, Contraband (both on caelestrasz) and Pogue Mahone.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: 2:30pm - 11pm
Can you make all the raid times? These times are perfect for me.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to join Proxy because you guys are one of the few guilds still running 25 mans. Although 10 mans are fun and all that, 25s is where the heart is at Smile
How did you hear about us? HM LK 25. how can someone on barthilas not know about Proxy?
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? I am friends with Mystikhar and Neroveus.
Can this person vouch for you? Nero is a casual, But im sure Mysti would be happy to give me a thumbs up
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I think you should accept me into Proxy for a trial because i work hard at everything i have an interest in, With WoW being my top interest. I work hard to theorycraft and become better playing my class, and I learn quickly from my own, and other peoples mistakes. I think I would be a valuable assest to the Proxy raiding team.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card) Intel Centrino2 2.66ghz, 4096 DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (1gb). As i said before i play on a laptop.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra ADSL2, i run at 200-280 ms.
Do you disconnect often? not often, although the odd DC is to be expected. Normally when chilling in Org.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use leatrix latency fix. I have found this to lower my ping by 100ms.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: (If you can't access any of these, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.)
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot011511134538.jpg/
Unfortunately i dont have a WOL for you guys, this was the breakdown of a pug fight against Magmaw (not a kill) sorry its the only thing i have atm will edit if i get into a raid sometime in the next day or two.

EDIT: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b4xfydl688rfqvt5/analyze/dd/source/?s=10805&e=11163

Just like to thank you for your time taken to read this, and hopefully see you in raids sometime soon Smile

bazmodia

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Bazmodia - Fire mage Empty Re: [Accepted] Bazmodia - Fire mage

Post  chivdoc Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:34 am

We'll have an answer for you very soon
chivdoc
chivdoc
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  bazmodia Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:56 am

Yep, no worries. I understand the joys of recruitment, take as much time as you guys need.

bazmodia

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 am

Accepted for trial, Come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down