Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata

5 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata Empty [Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:39 am

Player Information

Character Name: Zippoj
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Drunk Teen Girls
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Zippoj (sorry if my pvp gear shows, I am doing a lot of BGs at the moment)
Talent Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#o0bZdfhrk0Rosfoc:0oMadc0Vm (Fire)

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Many fire mage talents are basic DPS increase or +crit strike chance, I will explain the important ones and how they are useful to me however if you would like me to further explain all of talents then I am able to, but most of them are no brainer +DPS talents

Impact 2/2: This spell now spreads all my fire dots from one target to other targets in a 12 yard range, great for spreading Living Bombs to other targets and this will also proc the Pyromaniac Talent which gives me 10% spell haste when 3 or more targets are on fire

Cauterize 2/2: Cauterize is a new Talent which brings me back to 40% hp instead of killing me, however I lose 12% of my maximum hp every 1.5 seconds, this is a very useful ability because if I do happen to mistake a (no one is perfect) instead of dieing I can Ice block and continue to DPS. This talent can also increase my DPS for example if there is a fight where I have to run to 'X' or hide behind something to avoid death I can continue DPS, proc Cauterize then Ice block and continue to DPS.

Firestarter 1/1: Allows me to cast scorch while moving, having this talent will allow me to DPS while I move out of Fire, Circles of Green Death etc

Blastwave 1/1: Blastwave has now changed to a targeted AOE like blizzard, it slows enemies down for a few seconds this is great to slow mobs like ones in the Saurfang fight

Enchants

I have the best DPSing caster enchants for my spec, but my professions are Tailoring and Engineering and these two professions come with their own unique enchants.

Tailoring: Lightweave Embroidery procs a 295 SP increase for 15 seconds, this usually procs at the start of a fight where I pop all my Cds
Engineering: Hyper-speed Accelerators when used increases haste for 12 seconds. 1min cooldown
Engineering: Nitro Boots when used increases my moment speed for 5 seconds, great for moving out of Fire, Acid, Fire-Acid, Bad stuff.

Gems

As fire I would gem for Int+crit, more crit chance means more chance to get a pyroblast proc

Glyphs

Mage glyphs are very basic no brainier type glyphs

Prime
Glyph of Pyroblast: Increase the chance of Pryoblast by 5%
Glyph of Living Bomb: Increase the damage of Living Bomb by 3%
Glyph of Mage Armor: Increase the regeneration of mana by 20% - This was the best glyph to fill the last slot, the other glyphs available are for arcane or frost however I can see this being used when I have low mana in a raid and I switch to this armor to gain mana back

Major
Glyph of Frostfire: This Glyph adds a dot to the target and stacks up to 3 times and increases the damge of Frostfire bolt by 15% - much better choice then Glyph of Fireball
Glyph of Molten Armor: Increases the Crit% when this is active, higher crit means more chance for Pyroblast
Glyph of Evocation: This was taken over other glyphs because no other glyph provided a DPS boost but more of a utility. I choice this Glyph because it restores 60% of my Health over its duration, this can be situational where if I am low on hp and mana I can use this to self heal which will help out the healers of the raid group

What makes you an exceptional player?

I am very competitive when it comes to WoW, I enjoy trying to achieve the best of the best this game has to offers, the feeling of achieving something that was challenging feels great or obtaining something that not many people in the server have. This game does require a lot of patients which is a trait that I posses, you will not become the best in 1 night...or down a heroic boss (I am use to many hours of wiping to 1 boss). I understand when instructions are given to me and I learn from my mistakes quickly.

Arena is one of my things I enjoy In WoW, however I believe to be good in Arena you need to have great communication with your teammates and be alert at all times, Arena can be very unsuspecting with having to adapt quickly to a situation and acting accordingly. All these things I bring to a raid environment, I communicate if I need to, I work together with other raid members and I am able to quickly adapt to situationist and act accordingly.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img834/4213/wowscrnshot110510110533.jpg DIE Ggigglez Die!
This UI is a custom UI called TUKUI, in the past I used LUI but that eats my framerate whereas TUKUI is very lightweight (google TUKUI to download it)

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I started playing WoW in Late BC probably about 5-6 months before Wrath

What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
I only did Kara in BC

I have completed every raid in WoTLK accept for Ruby Sanctum (guild disband before it came out)
In my previous guild we got 11/12 (H) ICC, the guild disband before we got any good attempts in

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
The last guild I was in was 'Serendipity' the guild disband due to the raid leader quitting and focusing on real life. The current guild I am in now 'Drunk Teen Girls' is basically just a fool around guild till Cataclysm, It was suppose to be a 10-man guild however... I see no interest from the guild leader leading in the next expansion therefore I am going to leave

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Slashcry

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): Sam
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Melbourne, Australia (GMT+10)
Regular play time: I play mostly after studies which I am almost finished with. 5pm - late on weekdays and weekends
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes these raid times are perfect for me, I work lateshifts and I socialize on the weekends

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy?
Previously in my application I said 'I always like to achieve the best of the best' and I know Proxy will help me in achieving my goals. I have not been in competitive raiding in many months I would like to raid again with a top end guild.

How did you hear about us?

Chivdocs

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Can this person vouch for you?

There are few people from Serendipity that I know are in this guild... I hope they will vouch for me though?

Chiakte
Elzilcho
Forn
Abrax
Drbotnic

But I do know Chivdocs will vouch for me (if not... then your a dog)

Why should we accept you into Proxy?
I always do the best of my abilities and I always try to better my self as a player. I work great with large groups of people, I get along easy with anyone and everyone.
My raid awareness is great and I am able to act accordingly to a bad situation with ease and not to panic however If I do make a mistake I learn from that mistake and do my best to try not and repeat. Most importantly I am friendly and I make people laugh in vent

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400, 2GB of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT. I am looking to upgrade before Cataclysm Hits
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? TPG. ADSL2+, 200gb a month (wtb 12ping)
Do you disconnect often? Nope
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No, however I will once I start raiding again

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

Give me a few min to respect and smack on a training dummy (currently pvp spec)

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.

I have not Raided for many months, and In that time I have started to miss raiding and I am very VERY eager to get back into hardcore raiding
Thank you for taking the time in reading my application and I hope I am what you guys are looking for

- Zippo

Last edited by Zippo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata Empty Re: [Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata

Post  ineedtofu Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:05 am

Guild name and real name...Sam short for Samantha?
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata Empty Re: [Accepted]Zippoj (Fire/Arcane) Mage - Cata

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 am

ineedtofu wrote:Guild name and real name...Sam short for Samantha?

negative I am a male
Sam is short for Samsudin... =)
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:09 am

I thought spirit was completely useless as a mage now?

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 am

firao wrote:I thought spirit was completely useless as a mage now?

Yes it is, my gear has not been updated for many months, probably since I stopped raiding? Have not seen any point to change it, it will all be fixed once I start raiding again, all the int+spirit gems will be gone... in fact, I can change them now if it will make you happy?

And I do have a few spirit stat gear I am aware of this, but at the time they where a huge upgrade from what I use to have.
In this patch there was a new thing call reforging, I can reforge most of that spirit into Hit, Mastery or Crit?

So there goes the spirit problem?
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:18 am

Fix before applying.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:22 am

firao wrote:Fix before applying.

Will do
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:31 am

Netherwind Presence 3/3
Piercing Ice 2/3

vs

Netherwind Presence 2/3
Piercing Ice 3/3

Explain your choice.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:34 am

firao wrote:Netherwind Presence 3/3
Piercing Ice 2/3

vs

Netherwind Presence 2/3
Piercing Ice 3/3

Explain your choice.

I thought it was sub par? with each other? However if you are right, I will respect
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 am

firao wrote:Netherwind Presence 3/3
Piercing Ice 2/3

vs

Netherwind Presence 2/3
Piercing Ice 3/3

Explain your choice.

Talent Tree Repsect and fixed to

Netherwind Presence 2/3
Piercing Ice 3/3

I am now in the process of updating my gear.

If there is any more constructive criticism please feel free to comment =)
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  Zippo Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 am

Update:

Gear has been updated, All spirit on gear has been reforged into Hit and Crit
All spirit + int gems have been replaced by int + hit gems

If there is anything else, please let me know
Zippo
Zippo

Back to top Go down

Post  chivdoc Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:42 am

Raided with zippoj in serendipity, was a good mage and very reliable, didnt cause a bitch when sitting on the sidelines aswell.
Good raider and good bloke all around
chivdoc
chivdoc
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am

Gonna give you a shot, come find an officer ingame.

Accepted.
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down