Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Charlie - Feral Druid

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Charlie - Feral Druid Empty [Accepted] Charlie - Feral Druid

Post  Charlie Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:15 am

Player Information
Character Name: Charlie
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Coma
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/charlie/simple
Talent Spec: Main Specc is Feral bear (0/32/9)- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/charlie/talent/secondary
OS (0/35/6) Feral Cat http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfbGfRzddbfzMcz:MfzifVmcz

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, reforging, gems and enchants: Being a druid, I am often sought out for various roles in a raid. I play bear, cat, and restoration.

Bear: The feral specc is pretty basic, since there are diminutive options. The must have talents on the tree for survivability are feral swiftness (4% dodge is a massive increase for one of the three options we have to negate damage), infected wounds (reduces attack speed), thick hide (increases armor which is our second option to help reduce damage), survival instincts (cd to reduce 50% dmg, good to have a second cd besides barkskin), natural reaction (gives 6% dodge and reduces damage taken by 12% in bear form), pulverize (gives me a buff that increases my crit chance by 9% with a 3 stack of lacerate, the reason this is included is because the 3rd way to cut down on damage taken is an ability called savage defense which absorbs the physical damage I take by 35% of my attack power, the more chance I have to crit the more savage defense is up), and lastly leader of the pack (it gives me and the party members 5% crit (just like pulverize enhances my uptime on savage defense)and self healing by 4% of my health each time I crit which helps out a bit, not a lot but still something, In the restoration tree for survivability the must haves are heart of the wild (6% increase in stamina; this is good for two reasons an increase in health pool and an ability called vengeance gives me attack power based off of 10% of health pool, so the more health I have the more that 10% becomes meaning that my attack power will be sitting up high for savage defense to absorb more damage. The last must have talent in the restoration tree is perseverance (reduces all spell damage taken by 6%; which is good to have for any of these encounters that have spell damage going out, which is pretty much everything.

Although this isn't a survivability talent in it's true form, brutal impact is a good quality talent to have to interrupt anything that will cause you to die or cause the raid to take damage. It reduces the cooldown of my skullbash to 10 seconds instead of it being 60 seconds.

Bear glyphs: They are pretty basic since bears do not have a lot of options in glyphs. It's quite dull in that manner. Primes are berserk (increases the duration of berserk by 5 secs which is pretty good for aoe packs and for burst tps), glyph of lacerate (5% increase crit on lacerate which is good for extra tps on the target), and glyph of mangle (it increases the damage done by mangle, like the previous prime glyphs, extra tps) For the majors, they are glyph of maul (to be able to do 50% of your maul damage to a second target, just there to help with aoe tanking) glyph of faerie fire (increase range on it, there so I can be further out to tag Nef or any other boss to move it into position), the last one I am using is glyph of rebirth (to rez someone with 100% health, I have often had to use it in a 10 man setting and found it more appealing to get them up at 100% health then at 10%). The other options are glyph of charge and glyph of frenzied regen, the reason I don't use frenzied regen is because it takes away the self healing for a 30% increase in healing from other classes. Although it sounds good on paper, in practice I have found using it as an "oh crap" moment has saved me more due to the fact it is healing me up long enough to get me to 50% and the healers easily catch up. The feral charge glyph just increases the range of my charge, which is rarely used unless I am kiting and I have to pick up an add near me and another on the opposite side of the room. In this tier of content, I have found myself main tanking and not having to do the kiting, so it's worthless for now.

Bear reforging: As you will see looking through the armory, almost everything is reforged to dodge it is a good stat to have through it. Increased dodge means the more I avoid attacks from any physical mob (one of the three ways I can avoid attacks). What I dropped for dodge was haste or crit (since with self buffs up I'm near 50% crit). I reforged an item or two to expertise since I felt it was rather too low, I have it sitting at 9 since it's not a highly sought ability for tanking as it once was since there was parry haste on a mob, it just serves the purpose of tps. I reforged the piece to expertise so I didn't see a constant flood of dodges and parries.

Bear enchanting: Everything is enchanted stamina, armor, agility, and hit. Stamina because it's one of our highest stats considering the more stamina you have the more ap you get from vengeance which in turn causes you to absorb more from savage defense. Armor since it reduces the physical damage you take overall. Agility since with buffs you gain more attack power to boost savage defense and dodge. Hit so I do not miss with any ability, especially on important encounters like Maloriak where I have to interrupt arcane storms one miss can cause a wipe.

Bear gemming: Yellow gems I went with agility and mastery. Agility helps out with dodge and ap, like I've stated before it increases the absorbs of savage defense. Each mastery point increases the absorb of savage defense.
Purple gems I went with agility and hit to make up the hit I was lacking.
Blue gems I went with stamina cause it's one of the highest stats we want, so I get more from vengeance and in turn it gives more from savage defense.
Meta gem I went with Austere Shadowspirit diamond which gives 81 stamina and 2% increased armor. Armor to reduce physical damage and stamina is one of the highest stats like stated above.

Cat: Just like the bear, specc is pretty straight forward. The must haves in this specc would be feral swiftness (increases run speed, this is great for any encounter since you are constantly moving), predatory strikes (great for any mob above 80% since it will increase my rake's crits as rake is one of my bleeds that I keep up to do damage), fury swipes (has a chance to increase the damage I do when I auto attack), primal fury (each time I crit, gives me an additional combo point which gives me more energy to play with for extra damage), feral aggression (it increases the damage of ferocious bite by an additional 10%, one of my top two finishers and the only finisher used sub 25% [depending on situation of course]), king of the jungle (every time I use tiger's fury it grants back 60 energy, which is good since it's a self buff to increase 15% physical damage + the 60 energy return when I'm getting low would increase my damage once again), feral charge and stampede (10 energy to do a feral charge and get a free ravage would be an increase in damage especially with all these movement encounters), brutal impact (reduced cooldown on skull bash, cause no one likes a dps who can not interrupt), leader of the pack (it increases my crit and the crit of party),primal madness (increases my max energy when I pop tiger's fury or berserk, which is also another form in increasing dps.. this allows me to get more combo points and damage out), survival instincts (cd to help out with raid damage such as feud phases on chimaeron, acquiring target on omintron defense council, and lava spew on magmaw to name some), rend and tear (increases my crit strike on ferocious bite, and increases my damage on shred(my combo builder) on bleeding targets), blood in the water (makes one of my finishers ferocious bite, refresh another finisher rip sub 25%. It is an increase in dps, since I only have to use 5 combo points on fb to keep rip up instead of using two separate 5 combo pts to do damage.). endless carnage (increases the duration of rake, which is another bleed I must have 100% uptime on), and berserk which reduces the energy cost of all my abilities by 50%. In the restoration tree the two must have talents there are heart of the wild which increases my ap in cat form, and master shapeshifter, which increases my crit.

Cat glyphs: Pretty straightforward like the bear, but you have more options. I chose shred which increases the duration of rip by 2 additional seconds. Obviously the longer the rip goes the more damage i can put out before it's about to expire. Glyph of rip because it increases the damage of rip. Glyph of tiger's fury is my third, since it reduces the cooldown of tiger's fury by 3 seconds. It increases the damage of physical attacks and an extra 20 energy when used while talented.

Cat gemming: For gemming with my current setup (almost same as the tank set, just trinkets will be changed around) I would use for two yellow sockets - agi/mastery (mastery increases bleed damage, agility gives ap), four green gems with mastery/hit, and the meta will be relentless; 21 agility and 3% inc damage (biggest dps increase out of all the metas, the agility stacks with raid buffs giving me more ap and crit)

Cat reforging: Reforging everything to mastery, unless I need hit. Mastery is our best secondary stat, since it pretty much is armor penetration and helps the bleeds.

Cat enchanting:Mastery, hit, agility. (like stated above, all increase dmg output)

Cat rotation: Depending if there's a warrior, bear druid, or another mangle bot will depend on how I will start my rotation. If there isn't any of these I will apply mangle first, so everyone in the raid that has the bleed effect benefits from the increased dmg to bleeds, then I will start my priority list of keeping rake up, shred to get combo points, rip (as savage roar only affects white attacks, it's not that big of a deal if I apply it afterwards), after doing so I will shred till I get savage roar up. Rinse and repeat. If time allows with energy being plentiful I will use ferocious bite as my finisher while I wait till rip is about to expire.

What makes you an exceptional player? What makes me stick out from other raiders, is that I like to go through every detail of an encounter... like to know what each role has to do in order to know the encounter more. With the knowledge of the encounter, I am able to analyze and see what I can do better to be the best for that particular raid. Being the top of my class is what I like to be, anything less would not make me a successful raider. I pride myself in knowing I play a versatile class and I can do what is expected and more.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, flickr, imageshack, tinypic): https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v245/imblindicantsee/?action=view¤t=ss12.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I've been playing since the opening of the AQ gates and from there on out. I was lucky enough to play on the Cataclysm beta this past year.

What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)

In vanilla, since I only started playing when the AQ gates opened, I got through ZG, MC and AQ20.
In BC, I tanked,and dpsed for KZ, Gruul's, SSC, TK, ZA, MH, BT. Did not see past Kael in Sunwell.
In Wrath, I tanked, dpsed, and healed through OS3D 10/25, Naxx10/25, Malygos, Uld10 (All HMs cleared) Uld25 (Just FL+4,XT,Hodir, Thorim, Council), ToGC10 (HM cleared) ToGC25 (4/5), ICC10 HM (12/12), ICC25 HM (11/12), RS10 HM, RS25.
Current content I have tanked 11/12. (Have not done Nef).

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Coma, I am leaving it because we decided to not continue with it as soon as some core players left.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? In BC I was in a guild called Midnight Eclipse, we cleared up to Illidan, then the core thought that was the end of the game and could not push for Sunwell progression, it picked up at the start of wrath and later lead to not enough raiders caring for progression. This lead to the forming of FEAR which was the guild I had formed with a few other great players. It felt short at the end of wrath when the majority of the core went casual and stopped playing. Although we were the top alliance guild, there was not enough quality recruits coming in due to the size of Nagrand. A few of us decided to move to Barthilas to check out new horizons. I have been the CO-GM and GM of all guilds I have been in.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Adolfo
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): California, US, PST
Regular play time: I can play any time at night which is your prime time. I'm always on from 10 pm onwards, which is 5 pm server time.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-10:30pm ST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes all of them.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? To be more competitive, reliable raiders, and you guys have same goals as me; to progress.
How did you hear about us? Browsing through Barthilas progression thread and wowprogress.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No
Can this person vouch for you?N/A

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 2 gb. AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800, NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Verizon DSL, I usually have a range of 30-100 ms. Never have any internet issues.
Do you disconnect often? No.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No, don't need to.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/52918/ should cover all the logs we had in Coma. I have not dpsed or healed any encounters, so these will be logs of me tanking.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application. I like to go into depth with what I do. I have been a CO-GM and a GM of every guild I have been. It will be nice to just be able to relax and just be a raider. I would have gone into depth with the restoration tree, rotation, and gear. I felt that would have been too much of a bigger novel. My apologies for the walls of text as it is. I would like to thank you for your time into reading the application. I am applying for either a bear or cat role.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Charlie - Feral Druid Empty Re: [Accepted] Charlie - Feral Druid

Post  firao Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:37 pm

About your bear shit, I don't agree with gemming and enchanting hit which could potentially be stamina. You'd want to use stamina to bracers (40 stamina) and gloves (44 stamina), and stamina (30) +run speed to boots. Run speed is very important.

If you really want hit and expertise, you'd want to reforge for it instead. Take away those shitty dps stats, haste and crit. Personally, I don't think you'd even need to do that. You should never have any trouble with threat, really, though it could depend on the fight.

Regem some of that shit to stamina, and use the green mastery/stamina gem to activate your meta.

And for your cat shit:
predatory strikes (great for any mob above 80% since it will increase my rake's crits as rake is one of my bleeds that I keep up to do damage),
nope.jpg
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=16974

Glyph of tiger's fury is my third, since it reduces the cooldown of tiger's fury by 3 seconds.
This glyph is debatable. While this glyph is the highest dps, when you put it into practice on a non-patchwerk style fight, it is often a waste. You need to play absolutely perfect for it to be best. I generally stick to Savage Roar, but Tiger's Fury is fine.

unless I need hit
Cat enchanting:Mastery, hit, agility.
wat. The only reason why you'd need hit is for interrupts, and there are plenty of other dpsers in a 25 man raid that need to have the hit cap who can interrupt anyway. Hit is our weakest stat, along with expertise.

I usually have a range of 30-100 ms
I hate you.

+1 good effort in this app, I approve.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm

The reason I did not have run speed to boots is I had windwalk on my weapon, I recently changed back to 130 agility to mess around and test the difference. I completely agree with run speed's importance. For the yellow gems, I stayed with agility/mastery, so I had more dodge + ap and a little bit extra mastery. Obviously there are dr to consider but my dodge is at 32%, which is adequate at the moment. Although stamina is a high stat we go for, I chose survivability first over it since most incoming damage is not burst one shottable damage like it once was. I pretty much looked at it which would give me more bang for my buck, 40 agility vs 60 stamina with the gemming. 40 agility won over marginally. but once I get higher dodge I will regem them to mastery/stam. The great thing about gearing is, it's always situational. You always look at what you got, check your stats, and see what needs to improve on and what doesn't.

Reason I went for hit is not for threat purposes, but for the purposes of being able to interrupt reliably in a 10 man setting. If I were to miss it would be detrimental to any raid. Yes the enchant is not that valuable for bracers, but I chose to put +50 hit on bracers, since I could gem for +60 stamina elsewhere , which is an increase if I had to gem for hit. I'm aware it's not viable to enchant (or gem) for hit, but looking at what I had compared to other enchants and reforging, I saw this as the best choice and most viable one. If I had reforged, I would have lost 57 to 100 dodge rating to make up for it to stay capped, to be able to interrupt. In a 25 man setting I would definitely drop hit, and get more stamina in my gear in place of where these gems are at at the moment.

Predatory strikes affects ravage, that is just me failing to proofread before hitting accept. I am a complete dbag for not noticing that fail. My apologies for that mishap, still a useful talent for moving encounters and you want that free ravage for extra damage and more combo points.

As for the glyph yes I do rotate it with glyph of savage roar, depending on encounter where I am not able to keep an uptime of TF.

As stated above, reasoning behind hit capping is like any good dpser that can interrupt you are expected to do so. I would cap myself just to help out the raid, if it's not needed I would not cap it as it's not necessary being a cat or bear. Like I stated above, I was in a 10 man raiding guild so hit was essential to interrupt for encounters such as Council, Maloriak, and Nef to name some.

Hopefully these would answer any questions had.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:45 pm

Well this is a 25 man guild, so better get gearing for it. Don't worry, we've got the Interrupt King, Spl. On a side note, Skull Bash could not miss until a hotfix like a week ago, anyway, and that happens to be around the time I quit. Razz

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:13 am

Yeah the hotfix was last week http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/136974/cataclysm-hotfixes-updated-jan-5. I'm always prepared for changes and adjust. Yes, I will be gearing for 25 man if accepted. I just wanted to specify my reasoning. Smile I should have specified it somewhere in my app, slight oversight on my part.

Charlie

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 am

Accepted for trial. Come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down