Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application

+3
kazeone
Fuls
Thirstinhowl
7 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application Empty [Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application

Post  Thirstinhowl Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Thirstinhowl
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Coma
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/thirstinhowl/advanced
Talent Spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/thirstinhowl/talent/secondary

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants: Currently I'm running a somewhat situationally dependant Protection spec. If you take notice, I've specced down into "Peircing Howl", within the fury tree. Previously it's been my role on Maloriak, Nefarion ect, to Kite adds ect. My non kiting / standard spec, would take points out of peircing howl / heavy repurcussions, and instead be thrown into war academy / deep wounds. Gag order has a place, but not in current content. Well not enough outside heroics to justify the point swing.

In terms of Reforging, it's a pretty simple formula for Protection warriors. Your basic stat priority is Stam>Mastery>Parry>Dodge. Parry pulling ahead of dodge due to the talent "hold the line" which increases your crit, and chance to critically block, after a successful parry. Dodge is usually reforged into Mastery (again as its my most valued reforgable stat), and into parry where applicable. However it is important to keep your dodge / parry relatively close due to the way DR's work. So sometimes its viable to reforge > dodge depending on your gear setup. In higher levels of gear, where DR's are steeper, it becomes viable to reforge once again into hit / expertise. These have taken a back seat since the removal of "parry haste' as seen on Halion / Sindra. It's a threat gain, but due to the Vengeance mechanic, threat is in a pretty good place right now as is.

On the Subject of Gems. Again it's a fairly straight forward thing, Red Sockets = Parry/Stam, Yellow Sockets = Mastery/Stam, or pure Mastery. Setup depending, Blue sockets = Straight stam after 50% Block from Mastery. Enchant wise, you don't have alot of options. Mastery is favored where applicable, (i.e Lavawalker on boots, mastery on gloves), Windwalk on the weapon of course, makes for an amazing proc mid fight, should it require movement from the tank.

Glyph wise, It's pretty simple.

Prime Glyphs: Only three choices, Shield Slam, Devestate, Revenge. Can't complain, they do the job
Major Glyphs: A little more leeway here, however I've chosen Shockwave, Cleaving, Pericing Howl (The last one again is situational. Replaced with Heroic Throw, when not kiting)
Minor Glyphs: Battle (replaced with commanding, setup depending), Berserker Rage, Intimidating Shout.

What makes you an exceptional player? I strive for perfection inside the game and out. I'm of the frame of mind, that if you aren't striving to be the very best at what you do, you are wasting your time. I like to find where my limits as a player are, and break them.

Link to current UI screenshot: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img199/7550/protwarriorui.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started playing World of Warcraft just before Release. I was lucky enough to be on the original beta, and have been on all Betas up to and including Cataclysm's.

What is your raid experience? I've cleared all content within the game so far (from vanilla through to now), when it was current, with the exceptions of LK HM (25), and Cataclysm's Content. Mainly due to being in a 10 man guild. We did all wrath content on 10 however, and had a pretty good crack at 25 man content too (11/12 ICC25). Currently I'm 11/12 normal modes, having tanked and dps'ed all fights.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? The current guild I'm in "Coma" Was the core of our last guild "Fear" who transferred over from Nagrand. We were unhappy with a low population server, and slow recruitment, despite being one of the top guilds on server. Many of our core have lost interest in the game, and have since moved on, leaving us with just a few friends left. It's my desire to continue raiding, and actively playing the game, so I feel I must move on to progress. No hard feelings both ways.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Death and Taxes up to and including the split onto Blackrock. From Blackrock after the mess had cleared, I headed to Zangarmarsh on a free transfer, and raided with "Thrust Issues". After a year with them, and seeing most of my close friends leave to play on oceanic realms, I transferred off and to Nagrand, where I raided casually for the most part with Endless Fury, before joining FEAR (which would move to barthilas a year later as a stripped down Coma. I've been an officer in most guilds I've been in, and the GM/ Co-Gm of Half. I'm actually looking really forward to 'just' being a raider for a change.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: Always, but realistically 2pm till late.
Can you make all the raid times? (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days) Easily, perfectly suited.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? Because I'm seeking reliable raids, with people who share the same goals and interests as me. I genuinly want to progress, and be challenged by those around me.
How did you hear about us? A little research into hordeside guilds, via the forums.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No
Can this person vouch for you? ^
Why should we accept you into Proxy? Because I'm the best at what I do, and I'm not happy any otherway. I'll tweak, hone, and perfect everything I do, untill it's faultless.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Absolutely.
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card) 12gb RAM, Intelcore i7 4.00GHZ, Crossfire ATI HD5870's.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra, Bigpond. Cable Elite.
Do you disconnect often? Rarely, unless a tunnel dies on me
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Wowtunnels.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/52918/ Should cover just about everything.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.

I would like to add that I absolutely adore my Warrior. Despite not being the oldest of characters, and I've raided on just about every class / spec over the 5 years. (he was created during the horrible, ToGC era), I've sunk alot of time and effort into him. With 153 days played (in what, a year and a half), and a slew of achievements under his belt. I couldn't imagine playing another class.

Oh and, Just thanks for the opportunity to app. I realise you aren't specifically recruiting a Protection Warrior, but from my research, I think this is the place I would most want to be, if not with my oldtime friends in Coma. I dont take changing guilds lightly, and due to the sheer amount of time we end up spending with each other, I am looking for a new 'home'. Thanks again for reading this.

Last edited by Thirstinhowl on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Thirstinhowl

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application Empty Re: [Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application

Post  Fuls Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:02 pm

In your 2v2 how come you have gone 2wins to 5 losses could you provide a detailed analysis on why this happened? what went wrong?
Fuls
Fuls

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application Empty Re: [Accepted] Thirstinhowl - Prot Warrior Application

Post  kazeone Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

great ui

kazeone

Back to top Go down

Post  Thirstinhowl Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:08 pm

In your 2v2 how come you have gone 2wins to 5 losses could you provide a detailed analysis on why this happened? what went wrong?

hehe, was just getting some friends conquest points for what were, at the time upgrades. None of my current arena teams this season have been anything serious (did warrior / shadowpriest, for a few games, priest in zero resilience gear), and hunter / prot warrior for kicks and points) I did a little 2v2 last season on my warrior, and got to 2100 or so (Would have to check statistics page). Look forward to taking another crack should I find the right team mates.

Thirstinhowl

Back to top Go down

Post  Haxiom Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:37 am

It's like I am seeing my twin here, cept I was a warrior from the start Very Happy Great app, best of luck.
Haxiom
Haxiom

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 am

Thats weird, how was your twin born 50 years after you?

Cool

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:49 am

yawt wrote:Thats weird, how was your twin born 50 years after you?

Cool
HAHHAHAHAHHA
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:06 am

A very well written app, enchants good, gems good, experience is up to date. Nice clean UI.

Accepted for trial, come find an officer ingame Smile

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down