Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer]

4 posters

Go down

[Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer] Empty [Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer]

Post  Degenerate Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:11 am

Player Information

Character Name: Degenerate
Server: Caelestrasz
Current Guild: None
Armory Link: Click here for Armory
Talent Spec: 56/0/15 Primary and 2/14/55 Secondary
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Primary Spec
Spec: Affliction - great single tgt and AoE dps, while still offering great mobility. Specced into Eradication for 6% chance for 20% haste for 10 secs, and Everlasting Affliction for my Corruption tics to continue rolling them out at max SP/Haste.

Glyph of Life Tap - 20% of Spirit translates directly into SP increasing DPS by a huge amount, coupled with Fel Armor, makes this glyph indispensable
Glyph of Haunt - Increases Afflic overall shadow DoT dmg by 3% increasing overall dps by 1.5%
Glyph of Quick Decay - As gear items improve, so does the output of Corruption. Moar haste moar tics.

Gems - Mostly SP but using SP/Haste and SP/Sprit where socket bonus gives an advantage.

Enchants - Mostly SP but using Tuskar's Vitality to increase my mobility for fights like H Sindragosa and H PP and I will change to Black Magic once I am able to obtain a suitable 1 Hander/Offhander combo

Please put a screenshot of your current interface:
[Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer] Wowscrnshot091210041813.th

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 3 years
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? Guild Wars - Played alot of PvP and achieved Illustrious Hero rank and participated in plenty of guild vs guild tournaments.

WoW raiding experience
Burning Crusade
- Karazhan
- Gruul's
- Magtheridon

Wrath of the Lich King
- Naxxramas 10/25
- Sartharion 10 3d/25 3d
- Eye of Eternity 10/25
- Uld10 HM's all done except Firefighter, One Light and Smell of Saronite achieves left. 25 havent done Freya, Mim or Yogg (plenty of attempts on Yogg0 though)
- ToGC 10 tribute to mad skill. 25 up to Anub
- 11/12 HM ICC in both 10 and 25. Lots of face time on LK in both. Both Bloodbathed and Frostbrood achieves completed.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Inexorable-Caelestrasz: To cut a long story short, my old GM decided, after losing a couple of people, that we would no longer be raiding until Cataclysm's release. I found this decision to be ridiculous, going from no.1 Horde progression guild on server, to imminent obscurity.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Epitaph - Caelestrasz

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Cole
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): GMT+10
Regular play time: 5pm server until 11pm +/- 30mins and weekends is usually alot earlier start and later finish.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Until 27 Sep I have TAFE on monday nights, after this I will be available for all raid attendances.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? In order to become part of a guild with a team focus and goals. I admire what you as two seperate guilds becoming one, have accomplished. Many guilds would have disolved as mine has done, but you have flourished together and now has become a formidible force on Barthilas if not the whole of Oceana.
How did you hear about us? I'll be honest, it was from WoW Progress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Not yet Smile I haven't introduced myself apart from this app.
Can this person vouch for you? N/A. I am more than willing to jump on your vent and make myself known, and to meet you all.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes. I use a G35 Headset and communicate effectively during raids.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 6gig DDR3, i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, dual SLi GTX 260
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? iinet ADSL2+
Do you disconnect often? Seldom.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Yes, using wowtunnels.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img137/2172/wowscrnshot091210041813.th.jpg

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.

I am an active and dedicated endgame player and I enjoy participating in progression and pushing content. I look forward to hearing from you
Degenerate
Degenerate

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer] Empty Re: [Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer]

Post  chivdoc Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:35 pm

Hey there, could you please log out in your PVE gear as we cant get much from your PVP gear

Your spec seems fine, just wondering about the point in dark pact and not in life tap?
As you know being a lock our mana pool is like a pendulum swinging from side to side at times through different phases of burning and moving. The extra mana return on life tap means we don't have to cast it as often, freeing up GCDs for fillers or reapplying dots.

I am a little concerned about your keybinds, I find anything past 6 or 7 to be a pain and not effective at all
Also having soulshatter, our only threat dump, the difference between life and death in a split situation, being on -. Is interesting to say the least.
Also do you have keybinds for summon portal, and teleport? or are they hidden?
I also cant see a Healthstone on your bars Sad, you should think about binding your pots also

I like your usage of buttontimers and a procodile-like addon, they are both very good addons.

Edit: Armory's updated.
Your gearing, gemming, enchanting looks fine. Although your haste is pretty low for the content, affliction requires gearing for as much haste as possible.
You could also think about using tuskarrs on your boots and gemming 1 sp/hit gem and getting rid of icewalker. Defiles + lag equals very quick reactions, with tuskarrs you have an edge as most of the raid either have it or have alrdy nitro-boosted away.
chivdoc
chivdoc
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer] Empty Re: [Declined]Degenerate - Affliction Orc Walock [Transfer]

Post  Degenerate Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Hello Chivdoc,
chivdoc wrote:Your spec seems fine, just wondering about the point in dark pact and not in life tap?
As you know being a lock our mana pool is like a pendulum swinging from side to side at times through different phases of burning and moving. The extra mana return on life tap means we don't have to cast it as often, freeing up GCDs for fillers or reapplying dots.
DP is pretty much for emergency use so tapping won't push me too low when less than 50%. I aggree with your point and will change this immediately.

chivdoc wrote:I am a little concerned about your keybinds, I find anything past 6 or 7 to be a pain and not effective at all
Also having soulshatter, our only threat dump, the difference between life and death in a split situation, being on -. Is interesting to say the least.
I am not a clicker if that is what you are worried about. I have my Gkeys set up for tap and shatter.
chivdoc wrote:Also do you have keybinds for summon portal, and teleport? or are they hidden?
They are there, just hidden.
chivdoc wrote:I also cant see a Healthstone on your bars Sad, you should think about binding your pots also
Demon Armor and HS are bound/macroed. Blood fury and Wild Magic are bound/macroed.

chivdoc wrote:Your gearing, gemming, enchanting looks fine. Although your haste is pretty low for the content, affliction requires gearing for as much haste as possible.
DFO as a replacement to Illustration and will pick up my haste substantially, if the damn thing would drop Razz
chivdoc wrote:You could also think about using tuskarrs on your boots and gemming 1 sp/hit gem and getting rid of icewalker. Defiles + lag equals very quick reactions, with tuskarrs you have an edge as most of the raid either have it or have alrdy nitro-boosted away.
Tuskarrs now done.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
I should have mentioned before, I am in the army and have been for over 10 years.

Thank you for taking the time to look over my application and if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.
Degenerate
Degenerate

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Wow that's great Smile

Will being in the army affect your attendance though? I've raided with many people in your situation before and their attendance was quite cyclic... like they'd attend 100% of one quarter of the year, then be away for 2 - 3 quarters following that.

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Degenerate Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:43 pm

Roidzz wrote:Wow that's great Smile

Will being in the army affect your attendance though? I've raided with many people in your situation before and their attendance was quite cyclic... like they'd attend 100% of one quarter of the year, then be away for 2 - 3 quarters following that.
Not at all, and I understand your concern. I recently trade transferred and I am undertaking an electrical apprenticeship at Bandianna, so will be undeployable for the duration of my training and OJT until June 2012. I will understand if my occupation is a point of contention and denies me from successful application. I have done a bit of snooping on your server and from all reports, you are all held in high esteem and are a close knit guild with a wild sence of humour. Something I would love to be a part of, even as a social rank.

For your conisideration,

/Degenerate
Degenerate
Degenerate

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:48 am

Declined sorry.

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down