Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin

+2
Rainy
Numa
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin  Empty [Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin

Post  Numa Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:17 am

Player Information

Character Name: dgryan
Server: Thaurissan
Current Guild: SNaCH
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/thaurissan/Numonic/simple
Talent Spec(s): I can apply for either one of the following specs - I've listed stats cause I'll more then likely log out in the wrong set.

Protection: 0/31/10, Unbuffed Stats are..

Item Level: 351
Health: 163, 311
Dodge: 12.14%
Parry: 13.14%
Block: 43.30%

Holy: 32/5/4

Item Level: 352
Mana Pool: 96,050
Haste Rating: 8.46%
Combat Regen: 2285

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants: (We want to know how well you know your theorycrafting, explain to us like we don't know anything about your class/spec.)

Protection Glyphs

Glyph of Shield of Righteous: Increases the damage done by 10% which can help with threat.
Glyph of Seal of Truth: When Seal of Truth is active, increases expertise by 10
Glyph of Word of Glory Increases healing done by WoG by 10%, during my rotation I can heal myself for anywhere between 20-30k every 15-45 seconds.
Glyph of Focused Shield: Reduces the amount of targets that my Avenger's shield hits, but increases the dmg by 30%, so very good for single target fights.
Glyph of Lay on Hands: Reduces cooldown of LoH by 3 minutes.
Glyph of Holy Wrath: Can be useful on trash mobs, when clearing.
Glyph of Blessing of Kings: Reduces mana cost by 50%
Glyph of Seal of Truth: Reduces mana cost by 50%
Glyph of Seal of Insight: Reduces mana cost by 50%

Holy Glyphs

Glyph of Divine Favour: Increases the overall time and because it drops my cast time from 2.2secs to 1.9 for Divine Light/Holy Light I find it usefull.
Glyph of Word of Glory: I try not to overuse WoG especially when I can use LoD to heal raid for more, but I can WoG crit tank for over 30k with this.
Glyph of Seal of Insight Increases effect of healing spells by 5%
Glyph of Divinity: If I need to use my LOH ability during a fight, restores 10% of my mana which is almost 10k and can be helpful in long fights
Glyph of Light of Dawn: Can come in Handy healing that 1 extra target, especially in Al'Akir p2
Glyph of Beacon of Light: Always handy, reduces mana cost by 100%, Means I can swap during a fight, and add an extra 50% of heals ontop of what I already do.
Glyph of Blessing of Kings: Reduces mana cost by 50%
Glyph of Blessing of Might: Reduces mana cost by 50%
Glyph of Seal of Insight: Reduces mana cost by 50%

What makes you an exceptional player?(We want to know how good your are) I can play Protection & Holy, both as well as each other.
Link to current UI screenshot: (This is very important, we want to see if you know how to make a raiding ui, if you click or if your screen is just cluttered. Your screenshot needs to be in combat, and healers need to be in a raid.)

[Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin  Numui

You can't see my key binds, & I apologise for not being in a raid.. but

T = Holy Radiance
G = Tyrande's Favourite Doll (4200 mana every minute)
Shift 1 = Divine Favour
Shift 2 = Avenging Wrath
Shift 3 = Divine Plea

One of my tanking macros

(Shield/Unshield for Halfus to remove healing debuffs)

/cast Divine Shield
/cancelaura Divine Shield

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? (Basically when you started and how often.) Since release, on and off full-time depending how my real life was going.

What is your raid experience? (*In detail, so we don't have to comb through your achievements*) (List the bosses you killed when it was current content. We don't care about killing kil'jaeden or Yogg Saron if you did it in ICC gear.)

Full BWL (Priest/Warlock)
Full MC (Priest/Warlock)
Full Naxrammas (Rogue)
Full Black Temple (Rogue)
Full Serpent Shrine Cavern (Rogue)
Full Mount Hyjal (Rogue)
Full Karazhan (Rogue/Warrior)

ICC 8/12 (Rogue/Paladin)
TOTC 5/5 (Rogue)
TOGC 5/5 (Rogue)

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I've been in SNaCH for a while, but it has fallen apart the GMs have left and joined another guild and the main raid group have done the same.

I've tried running the guild with a 2nd group, but with no control and only SG/Maya players the raid times are to late for me.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Not sure it really matters, but I played in Cross during TBC on my Rogue.

Personal Facts

Regular play time: 1PM SVT - 3AM SVT, I could log in earlier and play later depending on my daily routine.
Can you make all the raid times? (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days) The raid times are perfect for me.

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy? I feel the guild is genuinely interested in progression and judging by the old Cross players I'd really enjoy the community.
How did you hear about us? Barthilas forums & wowprogress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Can this person vouch for you?
I more then likely know a few of your players, but cant get them to vouch for me cause it was years ago and they probably cant even remember me.
Why should we accept you into Proxy? (We may not be recruiting you class/spec, but a good enough app can make us accept you. What makes you deserve a spot in our guild?) I think I can contribute to the guild, flasks, food & repair bots.

I'm always prepared and always willing to put in the extra hours on progression.

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes, I do.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? I have a working mic and I'm not shy.
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q9600
GFX: Nvidia GeForce GTX 285

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra ADSL 2+ (200GB)
Do you disconnect often? I've never been disconnected in raids.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use battleping and sit on around 190ms

Other:

I can't find any wol's from me healing, I can try and arrange some of me tanking tonight..

Numa

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin  Empty Re: [Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin

Post  Rainy Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:49 pm

wru judgement, Divine shield, hand of sac, aura mastery, BoP, salv binds?

Numa wrote:What makes you an exceptional player?(We want to know how good your are) I can play Protection & Holy, both as well as each other.
I can already think of 3 people off the top of my head in this guild that play holy/prot on their main/alts well. Is there anything else that makes you stand out?

Numa wrote:Glyph of Beacon of Light: Always handy, reduces mana cost by 100%, Means I can swap during a fight, and add an extra 50% of heals ontop of what I already do.
Which fights do you swap/refresh beacon on that makes this a better choice than glyph of divine plea?

As for your prot spec, it's amazingly wrong.
Glyph of WoG...the fuck?
You should carry dust of disappearance for glyph of focused shield depending on fight/what you're tanking.
You have a severe lack of hit and exp, added to your incorrect spec/glyphs, I can't see you pulling the required threat for alot of our dps without chain salvs etc.

This application is well written, however it displays large holes in your knowledge of both specs and a lack of research.
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin  Empty Re: [Accepted] Dgryan - Protection/Holy Paladin

Post  Numa Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:47 am

I can already think of 3 people off the top of my head in this guild that play holy/prot on their main/alts well. Is there anything else that makes you stand out?

I don't like talking myself up cause I haven't played with any of your players, all I could say was I play both specs well hoping it would be enough.

I am dedicated, always on time and always willing to put in the extra effort.

Which fights do you swap/refresh beacon on that makes this a better choice than glyph of divine plea?

Al'Akir, Atremedes for starters and I do carry glyph of divine plea & Glyph of CS with me with dust.

As for your prot spec, it's amazingly wrong.

I dont see anything wrong with my prot spec, I duplicated Paragon's MT an they're 12/12 HM

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/lazeil/talent/primary

Glyph of WoG...the fuck?

The amount of Holy Power you can generate over the entire fight, you can heal yourself for around 30k (hp) which can give healers less to stress about.

You have a severe lack of hit and exp, added to your incorrect spec/glyphs, I can't see you pulling the required threat for alot of our dps without chain salvs etc.

Prot Paladins don't need hit or exp, you can reforge into more avoidance which I've done, I've confirmed on Elitist Jerks after looking at Lazeils melee stats (0.72% hit and 2 expertise) If he was having problems holding agro I doubt he would keep his melee stats like that, I don't find any problems with holding agro either.

This application is well written, however it displays large holes in your knowledge of both specs and a lack of research.

I hope my answers have explained my app a bit better for you to understand, I research quite a lot and know how to play my class.

Last edited by Numa on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:49 am

Just skim reading, but no reply about your binds?
Rainy wrote:wru judgement, Divine shield, hand of sac, aura mastery, BoP, salv binds?
^

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Numa Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:51 am

I have binds, but its hidden by my UI Smile

As Prot

8 = Macro for Divine Shield /cancelaura (For Halfus tanking)
T = Judgement
G = Holy Wrath
Shift 1 = Ardent Defender
Shift 2 = Divine Guardian
Shift 3 = Guardian of Ancient Kings
Shift 4 = Avenging Wrath
Shift 5 = Inquisition
Shift 6 = Hand of Salv ~
Y = Holy Radiance

As Holy

T = Holy Radiance
G = Tyrande's Favourite Doll
Shift 1 = Divine Plea
Shift 2 = Divine Favour
Shift 3 = Guardian of Ancient Kings
Shift 4 = Avenging Wrath
Shift 5 = macro Hand of Sac/Bubble

I think those are the main binds I use the others I use just 1-10

Last edited by Numa on Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:08 am; edited 2 times in total

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 am

List them, please.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:24 am

Duplicating Lazeil's spec is not a good thing to do. Paragon specs/does different strats that work for THEM and what they are doing (World Firsts). No point in copying someones spec without knowing why they do it that way.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Numa Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:02 am

I switch between 31/10 and 33/8 - its a good threat building spec in any case just mana consuming at the start of the rotation.

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainy Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:21 am

I do look at how other Prot Pallies spec/glyph and I realised after glancing at your armory that you had just copied Lazeil's primary spec/glyphs.

Your replies seem to suggest that all you've done is copied him because he's the main prot paladin of the best guild in the world without actually understanding why he's spec'd/glyphed that way and in what situations it would be preferable. "Because Lazeil's done it" is not a sufficient answer enough to suggest that you've done research on your own.

Avoidance stats are definitely more needed during progression than secondary threat stats, I wanted to see how you would reply to it and again all you did was compare to Lazeil. I want to see numbers and theorycrafting!

You are still missing alot of key binds in your Holy spec such as judgement/aura mastery.

Copying another person's work denies you the opportunity to learn and understand of your own accord.
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 am

All i care about is the prot tree mate.

Spec's a bit weird, unless you're doing heroic sinestra maybe :3 and glyphs that accompany that spec :3

Also what you said you were using glyph wise and what you actually have don't match.

I personally don't like the talent Eternal Glory, relying on a chance to heal yourself with wog is meh. Instead of having to prioritize using shield slam over wog or vice versa.
And then you could also put those 2 points spent in that to something more useful.

Chants i would change:

- Wrists = 50 Dodge
- Gloves = 65 Mastery
- Boots = Either "Lavawalker", or if you have spec'd into "pursuit of justice" then "50 Mastery"
- Chest = 75 Stam
- Shoulder Chant = LEVEL Therazane rep! (And considering you have 100 something honor kills i'm guessing you're an alt... would explain that.)

Gem's only use (Avoidance Stat + Stamina gems ) not straight Stamina, as avoidance scales higher than stamina with the heroic encounters. In doing so make sure you keep parry and dodge at the same %.
So getting rid of the 2 x Stamina gems to 2 x Dodge + stamina gems, would put you closer to your parry percentage.

Someone said something about your keybinds, so no point me pointing it out.

As for progression experience, you haven't done the harder fights of the raids. So you'd need to do some catching up.....

In all i don't know about how our healer roster is, but tank roster is pretty full with a paladin, 2 ferals and a warrior.... unless you're a dk Very Happy

And with 2/3 good players than can also go protection not sure where you'd fit in.

GL with the holy side of your ap _b
Dawson
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Numa Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 am

Yeah most of my time has been defending my prot spec!

I have mostly stam enchants for the EH but now my gear is getting a bit better I can afford to enchant into other stuff like avoidance/threat etc

My holy spec is good and gear is maybe a bit better then my tanking set.

I understand I'll be a bit behind only being 8/12 and you guys are into heroics.. but I research like a boss and dont mind sitting out until you are comfortable with letting me come in.

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23 pm

We'll have an answer for you soon. Smile
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Numa Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Thanks Smile

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:55 am

Never got to see your first spec f-m-l, but i'm asuming its quite like my alt .. based around heroic farming so you've maximized all self heals coz pug healers are shit? UI looks good .. nowadays I'm pretty much amazed with any1 that doesn't play @ 640x480, few missing binds which need to be fixed. We currently have a few core raiding pallys so spots are tight, and you'll be seeing alota bench time. Transfer over if you still want a shot to compete.

Accepted.

~Skitz

Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Numa Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:06 am

I'll be transfering late Monday night, early tuesday morning Smile

Numa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down