Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin

3 posters

Go down

[Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin Empty [Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin

Post  Legende Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:36 am

Player Information
Character Name: Legende
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Summit
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Legende
Talent Spec: 0/53/18
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: ** REQUIRED **
Well as it goes; the prot spec is fairly standard. I've dropped 1 point from Spiritual Attunement to put into Crusade to maximize threat generation as in ICC difficulty or above raids I should be getting facerolled enough that the 5% mana generation combined with Divine Plea should be more then enough to keep me mana topped up. Other then that, the spec is fairly generic as it is tried and tested.

Gemming wise; as it goes with the 20% less dodge in ICC all I can really do is stack Stam. Its also why I picked up mining and enchanting; for the extra stam; the perks I get from them are just a bonus. Shoulda gone JC though. Helm's meta not active as I recently just upgraded from T9 gloves and stuck the wrong gem in for red slot. Will fix later tonight.

Enchants again are fairly generic. The only ones of any discussion are my gloves and boots I guess. I picked the 2% threat over the expertise as 90% of the time I'm the off-tank and AoE tanking. I need all the threat I can get especially when the DPS target mobs that I'm not targeting, the extra threat also helps in single target tanking too. Boots, I picked Tuskarr's Vitality over +22 straight stam so that I can move faster and therefore get into tanking position more quickly in the middle of a fight.

Glyphs are again fairly generic. Only one of any discussion is why I chose Judgement over Hammer. Judgement I've found does help with threat when I'm single target tanking by a fair amount. Hammer is only effective in an AoE tanking situation, useless up against the majority of ICC raid bosses. Only one where it'll have any use is Gunship. Minor glyphs, again fairly generic. More threat for sense undead, faster LoH CDs for panic button in progression wipes, and kings was really just a spot filler.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): ** REQUIRED **
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img833/296/wowscrnshot082210003549.jpg

Despite what it looks like I do not click anything other then my survivability cooldowns, Hand of Salvation and Hand of Sacrifice.

EDIT: Omen pops up to the right of the damage meter and the raid frames replace the party panel on the upper left corner.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I started playing in February 2006 as a Paladin when I first got introduced to the game by irl mates. As they were hordies in pre BC, they had no Paladins and so I got told to roll one. After about a year as a healbot for them, I got sick of it and since BC Paladins couldn't DPS to save their life, I started tanking. I quit in September 2007 because my grades were falling and I sold my account. I started again in May this year, and rolled a Pally again because I heard how Ret got buffed. Didn't feel quite right so I went back to tanking. So total play time I have about 2 years played.

What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
I played for Dakine on Jubei'thos as their Prot Pally. My raid experience includes;
Karazhan 11/11
Gruul's Lair 2/2 < I had the Magus Blade from Gruul too. Wouldn't believe how much one of the warlocks was crying to me about it. ^_^
Mag's Lair 1/1 < I had Champion of the Naaru
TK 4/4
SSC 6/6
ZA 5/6
Quit just as I got attuned to BT. No BT or Sunwell exp.
Naxx 2/15
OS 1/1
Ulduar 13/14 HM. Still need One Light.
ToC10 5/5
ToGC10 4/5
ToC25 5/5
ICC10 11/12
ICC25 7/12

Apologies but only hardmodes I've done is ICC10 Marrow and Gunship and ICC25 is Gunship. But I'm a quick learner and I will study fights extensively before the raid.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
We don't raid enough to be blunt. I like the people and the players are good, but after 3 wipes on LK, raids are called and then we'll be stuck on it again the next week. Rinse and repeat. People here aren't dedicated enough I guess.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Dakine on Jubei'thos back in BC.
Summit on Barthilas currently.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Kevin
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): New Zealand +12 GMT
Regular play time: When I get home from Uni. So about 1 - 3pm ST I do dailies, then I'm available for raids whenever.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
I heard Proxy was going to be a dedicated raiding guild with already well established and good players on board. I wanted to get a permanent raid spot while it was still open as I want to progress. So essentially I want to join Proxy for progression.

How did you hear about us?
Saw the Barthilas forum ad.

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Not that I'm aware of.

Can this person vouch for you?
N/A

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?
Yes

Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
Yes

List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
2GB DD2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Geforce GTS250

I get about 30fps in 25 mans. Easily playable.

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
Telstra. DSL 256k.

Do you disconnect often?
Not really. I get one or two freak disconnects a week, but its never happened in a raid.

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
Nope.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: Hrrrm. I'm a tank, pretty sure my 3k DPS isn't very interesting. >_>

Last edited by Legende on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Legende

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin Empty Re: [Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin

Post  ineedtofu Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:09 am

why would u use multiple defense/stam gems when your meta only requires 1 red gem also please explain your glove enchant and why tuskarr's over 22 stam to boots and pursuit of justice. last but not least if you were to drop your professions for better ones which would they be and why
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin Empty Re: [Withdrawn]Legende - Protection Paladin

Post  Legende Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:23 am

>_> Embarrassing moment inc.

I already explained the glove and boot enchants but you have a point on having 2 defence/stam gems. The first one on the helm was there just to give me some extra defence as the socket bonus has me only drop 3 stam for it.

The second one, umm, is outdated. When i first got my T10 chestpiece, notice it has no def on it whatsoever, it replaced the chest from PoS and dropped me below the def cap, the gem put me back up there. Recent gear however put me way over the def cap again and so I will be replacing it with a stam gem when I get home tonight.

Legende

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:37 am

also just rechecked and your meta isnt even working the tanking meta requires 2 blue gems which is pretty much always there and then you need 1 red gem. which is usually covered by the helm when u use a 10agi/15stam gem for the 12 stam bonus in the helm.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legende Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:38 am

D: I already explained why for that...

Legende

Back to top Go down

Post  picto Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:46 am

tofu said: last but not least if you were to drop your professions for better ones which would they be and why

plz answer the question.

also make sure your toon is up to date and as good as it can be before applying were not here to guide you or give advice you should know what you are doing before applying.
picto
picto

Back to top Go down

Post  Legende Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:51 am

Didn't say I was gonna change to JC now, but that I should ahve picked JC from the beginning. This was simply due to the slightly better stats that JC offered in comparison to enchanting.

The bracers' fail gem was just an oversight on my part it having been there for 2 months at this point.

Legende

Back to top Go down

Post  Legende Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Withdrawing application.

Legende

Back to top Go down

Post  picto Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:36 am

good plan
picto
picto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down