Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Zigureh - Shadowpriest

3 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Zigureh - Shadowpriest Empty [Accepted] Zigureh - Shadowpriest

Post  Zigureh Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Player Information

Character Name:Zigureh
Server: Alterac Mountains
Current Guild: None
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/zigureh/advanced
Talent Spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/zigureh/talent/primary

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems, reforging and enchants:
The basic shadowpriest spec is 8/0/31 with 2 floater points that you can put anywhere. I decided to put one in a mana conservation talent in the disc tree and the other in psychic horror for raid utility.

Glyphs
My glyphs are the cookie cutter glyphs for shadowpriests. Glyph of Mind Flay increases my Mind Flay damage by 10% while SW:P is on the target. This is my most important glyph because Mind Flay makes up most of my damage. Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain is another glyph that supports a high damage spell by increasing its periodic damage by 10%. Glyph of Shadow Word: Death is my final prime glyph which allows me to use Shadow Word: Death twice in succession during the shadowpriest execute phase (<25%). This glyph not only allows me to do more damage when in execute range but also refunds twice the mana via my Masochism talent.

The remaining major and minor glyphs are usually player preference as none of them provide any sort of DPS increase during encounters. The only one worth noting would be Glyph of Psychic Horror which makes my Psychic Horror fear them in place instead of running around like headless chickens.

Gems
Until the new meta gems come out, my current meta gem outweighs all other options. The requirements for it allow me to gem more red gems and less blue. If the socket bonus is +10 Int or higher I will get the socket bonus. For red gems I use straight Int, for yellows Int/haste, and for blues Int/spirit.

Reforging
The main thing I focused on with reforging is getting hit capped. After hit cap I reforged to get as much haste as possible, which wasn't much. As far as stat weighs go, Int > Hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery.

Enchants
As far as enchants go, they are straightforward for a shadowpriest as they pretty much follow the general stat weighs. Intellect on my cloak, haste on my wrists, gloves, and boots, stats on my chest, and the general caster head/shoulder/leg enchants.

What makes you an exceptional player?
What makes me an exceptional player simply put is that I strive to be the best at whatever I do. I research everything about to my class including offspecs, and make sure my knowledge is up to date on every little thing. I believe that an exceptional player needs to utilize every second of any encounter to maximize his or her performance during it. I have also been in a officer position for quite a while and always liked leading by example. I can't expect my raiders to execute mechanics or play their class correctly when I can't do it myself.

Link to current UI screenshot:
https://2img.net/h/i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff241/Avilok/WoWScrnShot_011411_072544.jpg

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I started playing WoW at the end of Vanilla but stuck strictly to PvP. I wasn't into the game as I am now and it was more of a casual thing.

What is your raid experience?
BC
SSC - Cleared
TK - All but Kael'thas
Sunwell - 2/6

Wrath
Ulduar - Cleared
ToGC - Cleared
ICC10 - 12/12(H)
ICC25 - 11/12(H)

Cataclysm
BT - 4/4(N)
Throne - Cleared(N)
BWD - 5/6

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
My last guild was Coma on Barthilas. Being American, the raid times on oceanic servers have always been a bit weird. After raiding at those times for over a year, I wanted to try something different. Another reason for leaving was having bad raiders. Being a 10 man guild, every person in the raid needs to be responsible for whatever little thing they are doing, and our main downfall was interrupts. When your main tanks have to repeatedly interrupt because the DPS couldn't do it, there's a problem. When your raiders can't jump onto Nef's platforms in Phase 2, there's a problem. Simply put, I was sick of simple mechanics getting in the way of progression.

My current guild was Vodka. Since I started raiding competitively, I have always chosen to raid with friends over playing with a very high end guild. I recently decided to change that habit and join a high end guild to see what it was like and what I was missing. Unfortunately shortly after joining Vodka, I realized that Vodka did not have the environment that I enjoyed even though I did like raiding at a high level.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
My first real raiding guild was called Midnight Eclipse back toward the end of BC. I played a resto druid and cleared BT and 2/6 Sunwell. When Wrath hit I main changed to a Ret Paladin and mained him for the rest of Wrath. During this time I made my way up to officer and occasional raid leader and eventually ended up leaving the guild with a couple officers due to officer drama.

The officers and I that left server transferred to Nagrand and started our own guild there called FEAR. Despite starting very late on progression we made our way to one of the top guilds on the server and were 12/12 ICC10 Heroic and 11/12 ICC25 Heroic. I full time raid led in FEAR and because of this had to learn each fight inside and out from every angle, which is a habit that I still carry with me.

Eventually the server died out for the most part so part of the guild transferred to Barthilas and named changed to Coma as an attempt to start fresh and have a new recruiting pool to dive into. Unfortunately things didn't work out for the best.

Personal Facts
Regular play time: 2:30pm - 12pm server time
Can you make all the raid times? I can make all raid days, can come on early, and stay late.

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy?
The first thing that drew me to Proxy was your raid times. They are considerably less than most other high end guilds. What this tells me is that Proxy uses their raid time well and are very focused on what they want to accomplish.

How did you hear about us?
Through old guildies applying to you.

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
No

Can this person vouch for you?
N/A

Why should we accept you into Proxy?
I believe that playing with players that are as good or better than yourself pushes you to be better. I am a very competitive person and always strive to be the best in whatever I do. I also hold myself to very high standards when it comes to executing fight mechanics properly. It is very very rare that I fail a mechanic and if I do, it does not happen again. I am a very confident player in all specs of almost any class and have always excelled at all of them.

I believe I would be an excellent addition to Proxy because I strive to perfect all aspects of my play and can be quite versatile. I maximize everything I can when it comes to my character and try to find little niches in fight mechanics that will benefit me as well.

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes I do.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes and I can talk if needed.
List computer specs: 4GB Ram, Intel Quad Core Q9650 @ 3.00GHz, Radeon HD 4800 with 1GB RAM.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? High Speed Cable Internet
Do you disconnect often? No.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use Leatrix Latency Fix.

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r79elz859pr9a7ko/sum/damageDone/?s=4995&e=5535

I also am experienced with both my offspecs holy and more so with disc. If you have any questions about them I will be more than happy to answer them.

Zigureh

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Zigureh - Shadowpriest Empty Re: [Accepted] Zigureh - Shadowpriest

Post  kazeone Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:12 pm

How would you open a fight?

a. mind flay until orb get empowered shadows up then apply dots

b. apply dots and refresh them as soon as empowered shadows is up

c. apply dots and continue normally not re-applying dots until it is time to refresh them

kazeone

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigureh Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Option B but I will elaborate a bit more on it.

If I'm not moving to start the fight then I open with VT, SW:P, DP, SF. If I AM moving, the I'll open with SW:P, DP, SF(if I'm still moving), VT. Either way, after my opening rotation, I will Mind Flay. If I don't have a shadow orb proc, then I will Mind Flay again until I do get a shadow orb. After I get a shadow orb I also make sure to have 5 stacks of evangelism and then Mind Blast, then I refresh my SW:P and DP and continue DPSing.

Zigureh

Back to top Go down

Post  kazeone Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Do you think that it would be a dps increase to go with option A if you were guranteed to gain an orb within the first mind flay

kazeone

Back to top Go down

Post  Zigureh Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:35 pm

This is a good question. If it were a fight where I had to run in, that's a flat no. If I didn't have to run in, and the way option A is stated I would have to say no, although it would be close.

If I was guaranteed a shadow orb proc on my first Mind Flay, then apply my dots, I would have to Mind Flay again to get my full stacks of Evangelism, then re-dot. In option B, my dots would already be rolling as I stacked up my evangelism waiting for an orb proc, providing more total damage than option A.

If option A stated that you would Mind Flay TWICE, get empowered shadows, then applied your dots, then I would say option A would be better because it would take less time to fully charge your dots getting empowered shadows AND evangelism and get them on your target. You would get into your "rotation" quicker and also wouldn't have to waste the time you would have before refreshing dots.

Zigureh

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:23 am

Accepted for trial. Come find an officer ingame.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down