Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Rezor, holy priest

+4
Thrasy
megarambo
firao
rezor
8 posters

Go down

[Declined]Rezor, holy priest Empty [Declined]Rezor, holy priest

Post  rezor Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Rézor the alt is 0233
Server: Icecown us
Current Guild: none
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=R%C3%A9zor
Talent Spec: holy 14/57
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: ** REQUIRED **
my spec is a renew spec. i use renews on all targets 80% or taking periodic damage, with my spec i have alot of instant cast i can use on the run or to get quick heals. i use flash heal for anyhting that is taking damage but renew cant heal fully ( i try not to over heal or smash druid hots) i only use greater heal or prayer of healing when i have serendipity x3 and i wil save that for emergencies.

my gems are your basics. i gem for SP over all. its hard to go oom in this game. glyphs let me have stronger renews, 1 min CD GS, and a better circle of healing.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): ** REQUIRED **https://s994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/jbillz85/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_082110_095408.jpg

in this pic i am in a BG. the yellow rings are power auras to tell me when coh, pom and surge of light are ready to use. the serendip thign you see tells me when i have 3 stacks

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 5 years give or take little breaks for other games
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
in vanilla i have done all except naxx
in BC i raid lead everything and downed everything except sunwell ( we got burnt out from trash pulls)
in WOTLK ive done everything except the icc 25 hardmodes on council, lk, dreamwalker, saurfang.

]Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? i can not make there raid times and i wont hold them back becuase of it
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? over the years around 4 or 5 . unfortunitly i got hacked 2 months ago and hard to start over completely. so i lost all my history, mounts, and my poor raven lord.. sniff...

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): James
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): USA EST
Regular play time: 3 am-11 am est
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): yes i can

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? you have the best raid times for me so i dont miss any raids
How did you hear about us? wow progress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) no
Can this person vouch for you? n/a

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 8 gig ocz ram, amd qcore 3.3, sli'd nvidia 9800gt's
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? verizon fios 50 mbs
Do you disconnect often? never
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? dont need to

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: i dont have anyhting i would want to show since i came back all i had are 6/12 fail pugs

rezor

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Rezor, holy priest Empty Re: [Declined]Rezor, holy priest

Post  firao Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:02 pm

That's... not... Razoo...

;_;

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:03 am

this app has more rainbow then a gay parade

Last edited by megarambo on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  rezor Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:25 am

Oh Noes!!! Looks like Adam Lambert and Rosie O'donell exploded all over my app!!!! WTF?!?!

rezor

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasy Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:33 pm

megarambo wrote:this app is has rainbow then a gay parade

Do they teach English at school anymore, or has it been replaced by "Txting Studies"?
Thrasy
Thrasy

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:15 pm

fuk up fgt

posted about 5mins after waking up @_@

Last edited by megarambo on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:22 pm

don't even see where the "txt" is.... fgt
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Viskus Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:40 pm

Calm down children.

Maybe if they had txt'ing class when we were at school thrasy we would understand.
Viskus
Viskus

http://www.wilkindesign.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  rezor Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:28 pm

wow my app is so angry..... like an angry gay app.. of double rainbow goodness...*sad clown face*

rezor

Back to top Go down

Post  Thrasy Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:52 am

megarambo wrote:fuk up fgt

posted about 5mins after waking up @_@
Just kidding bro. Smile
Thrasy
Thrasy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm

Your spec irks me, what is the point of 3/5 Divine Fury and 3/3 Improved Healing instead of Healing Focus and Spell Warding? Do you really cast that many Greater Heals?

Over an entire night of raiding, Greater Heal accounts for maybe 0.5% of my healing done, those talents really are rather wasted.

3/3 Improved Healing only reduces the cost of your Greater Heal by 15%, if your not having mana issues (in addition to casting a shit ton of Greater Heals, which I wouldn't advise as holy), it's wasted talent points.
3/5 Divine Fury reduces the casting time of your Greater Heal by 0.3secs, I believe calculated before haste. So your 3/3 Serendipity GHeal which would normally take ~1.3-1.4secs raid buffed, instead takes ~1.2secs. Again, pretty wasteful unless your casting alot of them.

Instead you can pickup 35% pushback resistance on your Flash Heals, PoH's and Greater Heals for 1point, which imo, would save you alot more time then the 3/5 in Divine Fury would save on your GHeal casts.
And you also get -10% spell damage from all sources via 5 points in Spell Warding.

Even the 5 points in Empowered Healing are a waste imo, Flash Heal accounts for like 5.4% of my healing done (maybe it would be... 7% if I took the talents, being generous). Instead you can pickup Blessed Resilience for 3% extra healing on ALL your spells and Healing Prayers for cheaper ProM's (which should be cast on every CD, which would save a shit ton more mana then Improved Healing) and PoH's to save mana. Seems like a no brainer to me.

TLDR; Sick of people copying cookie cutter specs without putting some thought into it themselves first. You say in your talent description that you are all about instant casts (Renew/ProM/CoH) yet you take talents that buff your least used spells over ones that help you stay alive longer, save you a crap ton of mana on your most used spells or buff ALL of your spells effectiveness.

Other then that, your gems/gear is acceptable. Everyone has different philosophies on gearing holy priests, and a lot of it depends on your own circumstances as to how much extra regen you need, so as long as your going some mixture of SP/Haste/Spirit your doing fine there.

Also, maybe another officer will correct me, but given your current gear level (251/264), I think we would be pretty hard pressed to accept you at this stage when we are pushing HM LK without some sort of raid log showing how phenomenal you are.

Ellypse

Back to top Go down

Post  rezor Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am

good call, i havnt looked at my holy talent sin ages. i respec'd and it only cost me 10g lol. i had divine because i use to have to off heal tanks cuz of bad healers so it was worth the pick up sadly. never thought of spell warding cuz i never died from a mobs spell and was liek oh crap! if i had the 10% reduce i would have lived. and for the focus. never had push back problems. i mostly use flash heal as a filler but il try what u said and see how that works. all and all ur advice is really solid. its sucks that i have to choose between divine fury and spell warding since both are complete crap and pretty much useless. until u get into the bottom tiers of the holy tree most of the spells are ... well.. you know. any way. i went with my gems cuz im shooting for GCD cap but that wont happen lol its like 1024 haste or somehting like that last time i checked. as for my 251/264 gear. i cant get past it because i cant find a guild thats on hm's and has the solid raid times you do. and yes. i am a phenom healer. i dont have the paper work to prove it but ive made it this far with my messed up spec and the reason i never check the spec was because i never was out healer or had problems with it. plus if i wasnt a phenom healer i would apply to a horde gulid on a diff server that on 11/12hms. one it cost me $$ if accepted and 2 i wouldnt waste your time. i truely believe im as good as i say. and i thank you for making me a little bit better with the spec idea. its people like you have take time to look at my spec and give me great feed back on it that makes me a great player. thanks again. i hope to hear from you shortly

rezor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

Spell warding is much more useful on hard modes. Normal mode deaths are generally avoidable. Stuff that is unavoidable (or avoidable, hell everyone messes up sometimes) just hits far harder on heroic. And honestly you might never think "Oh spell warding would have saved me" but the issue is if your taking less damage, you need less heals, and those heals could save someone else (like a tank). Who knows.

I can think of many places on hard modes where -10% damage could save you, but I'm not going to get into it. It's far better then the other talents available.

Ellypse

Back to top Go down

Post  rezor Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

yah, so far im liking the respec. no mana issues or anything. appreciate the help on it. i wanted to use it on RS 10 but i had to go shadow and dps.... Sad oh well a rs kill is a rs kill lol

rezor

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:44 am

Going to have to give you a miss.

Regards

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down