Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage

5 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage Empty [Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage

Post  chex808 Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Chèx
Server: Blackrock
Current Guild: Terminus Est
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=Ch%C3%A8x
Talent Spec: 2/31/3
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
2-3-2: I chose these talents because master of elements regenerates mana and on endurance fights like hlk that mana regeneration is ever so crucial. Reduced pushback. And Fireblast for the range so i dont have to move when going for impact.
3-3-2: Ignite is one of the primary dps dots of a fire mage. Firepower for increased fire damage. Impact for spreading fire dots.
1: Most people go into blastwave but i chose not to because i feel in a raid environment blast wave is not really a talent worth spending the point in. Cauterize i feel is also a waste because i can ice block off any impending death.
1-2-1: With the changes to combustion mages arsenal was increased. ignite + lb + pyroblast dot = 1 tick of combustion that paired with impact and you cant pass it up. Pyroblast is a big source of dps the more procs the better. being able to scorch on the run is nice to have for utility purposes.
1-1-3: Filler, Filler to get to LB, Molten Furry targets less than 35% hp gives damage increase.
2-3: Increased haste with more than one target with dots. Increased crit.
1: Living Bomb

2(Nether Presence)-3(Piercing Ice): More haste. More Crit.

Blue Sockets: Int+Hit
Red: Int
Yellow: Int+Crit
Following spell priority of Int > Crit > Haste > Mastery

Prime Glyphs Living Bomb, Pyroblast, Cone of Cold (Mostly for aoe mobs like marrowgar bownspikes)
Major Glyphs Mirror Images, Fireball, Molten Armor
Minor Glyphs Monkey, Slow Fall, Arcane Brilliance

Enchantments are all the defined BiS went with tuskars for mobility in fights, less time moving more time dpsing.

What makes you an exceptional player?I feel that with this being my first xpac i have alot of potential. I spend alot of time perfecting my dps and always thinking of how i could have done better. I also have knowledge of playing from different points of view ive played a resto/feral tank druid, holy paladin, warlock and my mage. I can pick up any class and learn it quickly and if i put enough time into it be good at it. I played my holy pally for a while because our guild had a hard time finding a good one so i leveled up a paladin and started healing. I healed through 11/12 Heroic and into P2 of heroic lich king.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): ** REQUIRED - Healer UI's need to be in raid **
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img607/3338/userint.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 1 Year Now, my first expansion
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
Naxx 10/25 - Cleared
Ulduar - Cleared on my paladin (Hanahou, Blackrock-H) went on my pally when i leveled it for a challenge doing it on my mage wouldnt have challenged me.
ToC- Cleared
ToGC - 10m Insanity / 4/5 into p3 on anub
ICC- 11/12 Heroic ICC 10 and 25 on my mage and paladin. All You Can Eat away from Glory 25 50% HLK
RS- Cleared
HRS- Into P3
PVP- S8 is my first serious season of arena. Played to 18xx in 2s just for my t1. Played 5s for my t2 on k'j xfered over to blackrock played up to 2400+ in 5s. Played to 21xx with a 2400+ MMR in 3s in the last week of the season playing RMP arguably one of the toughest comps this season. Have played at 2000+ in 2s, 2400+ MMR in 3s and 5s
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Scheduling my school schedule this semester was a PITA being on Hawaii time. We raid at 2:30p-7:00p Hawaii time so scheduling class around that was really difficult. Looking to transfer to an oceanic server.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
IRON, Kil'Jaeden Horde
Terminus Est, Blackrock Horde

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Ryan
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Hawaii, United States, HST
Regular play time: On quite alot.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? Looking for a guild that has a good raid time for my personal schedule and would like to join a guild that will help me excel and realize my potential.
How did you hear about us? wowprogress
re you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No
Can this person vouch for you? N/A
Why should we accept you into Proxy?** Important Question ** I feel that I am a dedicated player to my class. I take a lot of time to perfect my dps and always think of how I can do better. I am a very fast learner and make few mistakes. I also played my pally for a while to help my guild because we had a hard time finding a decent holy paladin. I healed 11/12 Heroic with attempts on HLK. I think that my ability to pick up a class needed by the guild plays to my advantage knowing all the roles each raid member has.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 2GB, AMD 64 Dual Core, NVIDIA 9800GT
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Oceanic Time Warner Cable, 200 m/s to blackrock.
Do you disconnect often? Rarely
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? no

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/jobxm5krw4hyx8ln/sum/damageDone/?s=14123&e=14257
I know a question may arise about ooze damage. Our healers let our dps know they can heal through it without any difficulties so they dont mind us standing in it. I move out of slime on my pally in pugs.

Heres a link to my pallys armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&cn=hanahou

Hope to be raiding with you soon.

Last edited by chex808 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

chex808

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage Empty Re: [Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage

Post  ineedtofu Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:12 pm

What island u in?
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  chex808 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 pm

oahu was in the mainland for a while for school but had to come back home. born and raised.

on a side note i rolled a lvl 1 hunter chèx on barth ill be on here and there for any questions if you need to talk to me or anything.

chex808

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:27 pm

your name made me remember the cereal

[Accepted] Chèx - Fire Mage Istockphoto_414220-corn-chex-cereal
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:13 am

App looks good, although I do not agree with cauterize being a waste. Another issue is that you do not appear to have healthstone keybound.

GL.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  chex808 Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:26 am

firao wrote:App looks good, although I do not agree with cauterize being a waste. Another issue is that you do not appear to have healthstone keybound.

GL.

as far as cauterize i feel that maybe in later expansions where content becomes harder it will be good to have. but in the current state of the game i dont see it necessary. if i havent died before the tanks do when a wipe is called i dont see it being worth it. but if i die before tanks do because raid healing is an issue i will more than likely put a point into it. i have healthstone binded to s-3.

chex808

Back to top Go down

Post  chex808 Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:41 pm

also added pvp exp to my original post with guild leveling i think its relevant information and makes my app more solid.

chex808

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Thing is we currently have two raiding mages and another trial right now. We will get back to you as soon as possible sorry about the wait.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  chex808 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:04 pm

when i apply for a guild usually i like to scout them first. i checked out your guys WoL. i usually go by limited movements fights such as dbs and i compare them. i think i would fit right in with your current dpsers. but i understand and respect that you have loyal raiders. ill check every now and then and see what the status is.

chex808

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Have an answer for you before next lock-out.

~Skitz (p.s. im gay)
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:37 am

Skitzone wrote:~Skitz (p.s. im gay)
Ok.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:11 am

LOL.

Last edited by Spl on Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : don't edit me br0)
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:36 am

Spl wrote:LOL me too.
Friends?
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  chex808 Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:52 am

went on my pally to icc with current guild if you need me im still available for icc25

chex808

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:47 am

Accepted message an officer in game for a trial invite.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down