Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin

4 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin Empty [Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin

Post  Ryan Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 am

Player Information

Character Name: Deity
Server: Blackrock
Current Guild: N/A
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/deity/advanced
Talent Spec: 7/2/31 Retribution

Spec - Cookie-cutter spec for Retribution. We, as Retribution, are allotted one free point to slot anywhere we want. While some choose AoC, I personally prefer EfaE for the slight dps buff.

Glyphs - My Primary glyph is rather cookie-cutter with TV, SoT and Exorcism. Crusader scales better with gear but experiments show that Exorcism wins out (even with the 20 second glitch) until 372 weapon. Major glyph does not impact dps but I favored Divine Protection for the magic damage reduction over HoW which gives slight crowd control perks. Minor glyph is inconsequential for Paladins.

Gems - Strength is king. Red, red, red. However Meta Gemming is broken as it is not prudent to use the best Meta Gem for our class as the requirement is ridiculous (more blue over red).

Reforging - I tend to reforge stats so that hit is as close to 8.00% as possible (I see too many players, including world bests who have 8.1-8.2% in hits and that is just lazy). Expertise is at 16 (26 with SoT) and I slightly favor natural Critical over Haste. It will be interesting to see how Mastery will be changed in the upcoming patch.

Enchants - Enchanting is a little difficult at the moment. BiS is imprudent as the cost for certain enchants are ridiculous (For example, landslide cost over 8K on my server) and as such we must improvise and muster our hands on whatever the best alternative is for the time being. However, once I have settled on BiS gear, I have no problem with aiming for the best possible enchants no matter the cost but blowing 8K on a 346 blue is a little excessive.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

Since the beginning of Vanilla. I still remember queuing an hour for my first battleground. I have logged a little over 240 Days, 3 hours, 56 minutes, 35 seconds on my Paladin and counting Wink

What is your raid experience? (List the bosses you killed when it was current content. We don't care about killing kil'jaeden or Yogg Saron if you did it in ICC gear.)

Pre-BC - Up to Four Horsemen

BC - All, realm firsts.

WoTLK - Realm firsts up to ToC. Relatively inexperienced with LK content as I felt latter WoTLK is poorly designed and as a result, I took a brief hiatus from the game.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?

I am currently messing around with a few friends I met in a PuG. I have no intention to stay with the guild as it is by no means a progression guild.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

I took a hiatus during latter contents of WoTLK and focused mainly on PvP with Hawk Gaming of Blackrock. Most of my Realm Firsts are achieved on Terenas and going back even further, I had a brief stint in Death & Taxes during Vanilla.

Personal Facts
Age: 21 years of age with my next birthday coming up in a month
Regular play time: 4pm - 2am most days of the week.
Can you make all the raid times? My current schedule for the upcoming months does not conflict with your guild's raiding calendar. I hate missing raids because I strongly believe it is the most 'fun' aspect of World of Warcraft and as a result, I try my best to maintain full attendance if possible.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?

The reason I chose Proxy over another guild is due to its extensive history, raid schedule, competitive progression coupled with the fact that my class is desired to join your ranks.

How did you hear about us?

Through WowProgress

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)

Unfortunately I am not acquainted with fellow members of the guild.

Can this person vouch for you?

N/A

Why should we accept you into Proxy? (We may not be recruiting you class/spec, but a good enough app can make us accept you. What makes you deserve a spot in our guild?)

I am highly competitive in everything I do and it is no different when it comes to gaming. I thrive to be the best instead of being the guy who plays with the best. I do not intend to steal the spotlight but I hate to be carried. As a result, I am committed to maintaining a high level of play and I am confident a great guild such as Proxy will be able to provide me with the platform to perform at my very best.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Inbuilt Mic. I have no problem with speaking on Vent.
List computer specs: (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card)

3.2GHz Intel Core i3
4GB (two 2GB) memory
1TB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive
ATI Radeon HD 5670with 512M

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? DSL Highspeed, running around 5mb/s
Do you disconnect often? I rare, if ever, disconnect from the game server.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: (If you can't access any of these, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.)

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/screenshot20110102at306.png/

Last edited by Ryan on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ryan

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin Empty Re: [Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin

Post  ineedtofu Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:37 am

You say you play from 4pm to 2am what timezone are u talking about because I see you are in the US which (thinking you are on west coast) is 5 hours ahead of server time. So we raid at 1130pm-330/430am PST.

On another note, explain why you have chosen your weapon enchant over avalanche? Also why 2/2 EfaE over 1/2 EfaE and 1/2 Arts of Sacrifice? Especially since one point can remove any snare on you even snares like improved hamstring etc.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin Empty Re: [Accepted]Deity - Retribution Paladin

Post  Ryan Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:39 am

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.

4-2 is my regular playing time but my schedule is rather flexible and I can make the raids without any problem.

You are right on Avalanche. That is my oversight, I apologize for that. I will re-enchant immediately. As for AoS, I rarely if ever felt the need for it as usually the only time my movement is impaired is when the tank has died and that the boss is chasing me around. I feel my HoF is enough for general needs however I can see that for PvP AoS can be quite valuable.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 pm

The reason I chose Angry over another guild is due to its extensive history, raid schedule, competitive progression coupled with the fact that my class is desired to join your ranks.
copy paste?
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:54 pm

Kald wrote:

The reason I chose Angry over another guild is due to its extensive history, raid schedule, competitive progression coupled with the fact that my class is desired to join your ranks.
copy paste?

Good eye. Fixed. I am not sure if its frowned upon if I have applied to several guilds because I simply can't afford to sit and wait 5-6 days at a time to face a rejection and start from scratch again. I can wait but raid progression can't.

Most of the questions are the same when it comes to top guilds so pardon me if I recycle some of my past writing.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:28 am

Accepted for trial. Find an officer ingame for an invite.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down