Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus

4 posters

Go down

[Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus Empty [Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus

Post  Tirannus Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:45 pm

Character Name: Tirannus

Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Ethereal retribution

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/tirannus/simple

Talent Spec: 3 / 2 / 31

My ret spec is for maxium dps output. Many websites have strongly suggested this spec such as http://retributionpaladins.com/retribution-paladin-talents/ .

Glyphs:

Prime Glyphs - Pure dps boost

Glyph of Templar's Verdict - Pure dps boost

Glyph of Exorcism - Pure dps boost

Glyph of Crusader Strike - valuable dps gain as CS is the most used attack in my rotation with the 3 second cooldown.

Major Glyphs - These glyphs have been chosen for utility, aswell as dps boost.

Glyph of holy wrath - Will be very useful with many elementals and dragonkin in the expansion.

Glyph of Consecration - For optimum dps gain. I only use Consecration if it’s a huge mob ( i.e. gauntlet) or a boss I know that won’t move much (i.e. Festergut).

Glyph of the Ascetic Crusade - Mana preservation. Important as CS is the most used attack in my rotation.

Minor Glyphs - Chosen for Mana preservation

Gemming
For Optimum dps gain. I follow Stat priority, Hit > Expertise > Strength > Haste > Crit > Mastery.
As my Hit, Expertise and haste are capped at 80, all my gems are strength except for a couple on my chest just so I can gain the meta gem.

Reforging:
I have reforged as much as I can to gain the perfect hit, exp and a high haste rating. I reforge crit over mastery If i can. Otherwhise I will reforge for mastery.

Enchanting
Everything has the best dps enchants at level 80.

Professions-
Enchanting and Jewlcrafting are capped. Enchanting will provide the same dps gain as BS in cataclysm, that’s why I chose it over BS (and I hate to have a racial go to waste Razz).

Off spec Prot pally:
I recently specced protection as my offspec. I decided not to gear for tanking until I began levelling in cataclysm. I will aim to put as much effort into protection as I Have with retribution.

What makes you an exceptional player?

Extensive research into retribution paladins and into raiding. I do my research before every raid (tankspot, wowiki etc) encounter to perform to the best of my ability and will put as many hours as it takes in raid progression. As a ret pally I typically am one of the last to die in raids, due to my high awareness of the situation at hand and my strong knowledge of my class.
I also have many macros that assist me in providing support to the raid (hand of sacrifice, lay on hands, and cleanse macros for tanks and heals).
All my attacks are set on auto attack for zero downtime in fights.
My dps rotation is judgement > CS > filler > CS > TV > CS> filler > CS > TV
Filler = Judgement, holy wrath, hammer of wrath, consecration, exo, and DS.
I pop Zealotry when my stacks are max which doesn’t take long as my haste is close to cap. I will pop wings after that (/cast Avenging Wrath/use 13 to maximise dps) then resume my normal rotation until Zealotry is off cooldown.

Link to current UI screenshot:
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img192/2096/wowscrnshot120610235528.jpg

My UI is basic but it is clear and to the point. Most of my keys are bound and are in perfect position for me to get maximum dps with minimal effort. Flash of light and divine light are bound to my mouse buttons (they are not = or -).

My addons are:
Bartendor, omnicc, recount, omen, dbm, decursive, bagnon, npcscan. Just typical ret paladin addons.

Player History:
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I played for 6 months last year on an alliance toon but quit wow for a while to focus on University. I got back into it July of this year and I won’t be stopping any time soon.

What is your raid experience?
TOC 25 and 10 man cleared
ICC 25 and ICC 10 man normal mode cleared with a few heroics in ICC 25 man (Marrow, lolship and rotface).

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?

My current guild is a social guild. Players often aren’t committed to raiding thus don’t make it to raid times. When they do, often players will DC or go afk so there is usually a long waiting period for people to come back or for GM to find replacements. My raid time with the guild finishes at 10:30. To me this is way too early to stop raiding for the night.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? None apart from ethereal retribution.

Personal Facts

Regular play time: 25+ hours per week

Can you make all the raid times? I am able to make all times, except maybe Sunday night as I may get called into work. But if its progression raiding then I will cancel work for it. I’m lucky I have a flexible bosses lol.

Joining Proxy

Why do you want to join Proxy? To be part of the elite of the elite, and experience high end raid content.

How did you hear about us? Through the server and wow progression

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? I don’t have any friends in your guild as of yet.

Why should we accept you into Proxy? Though I don’t have the years of experience under my belt I am a fully dedicated player who has the hunger and drive to be an asset to your guild. I put out solid dps, have high survivability and am a friendly, down to earth person. You will hear no whinging from me when I’m not selected in raids, but I will make the most of the opportunities that are given to me.
Helping guild members is imperative to a stable guild so I will be there for any member that needs assistance.

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes.

Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes.

List computer specs: 6 Gig Ram, 1.7 Ghz, Radeon HD 5650, Intel Core i7 Q 720 @ 1.60 Ghz

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Bigpond ADSL 2+ (12 Mb/s DL, 0.9 Mb/s upload)

Do you disconnect often? Rarely. Never during raids.

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Nope.

Tirannus

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus Empty Re: [Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus

Post  ineedtofu Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:10 pm

apping instead of leveling is a no.
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus Empty Re: [Declined] Ret Paladin, Tirannus

Post  Puudizz Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:15 pm

would yu still transfer to Barthilas knowing the QUE IS LIKE THIS FFS