Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight

+4
Kald
firao
Spl
pmai
8 posters

Go down

[Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight Empty [Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight

Post  pmai Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:01 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Pmai
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: No Dice
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Pmai
Talent Spec: DW Frost
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: Currently optimal Dual Wield frost spec, glyphs Disease/Frost Strike/Obliterate. Obliterate because its one of my most damaging abilties, frost strike comes at a close second so with the cost reduction i can hit more of them, glyph of disease for an easy rune refresh at the cost of one blood rune, and activating death runes for more obliterates, which in turn equals to more rime procs. Gemming Str gems seeing as they have a bigger stat weight for me at the moment, weapon enchants are DK ones, Fallen Crusader for 15% extra str and Razorice for extra Frost Strike/Howling blast damage. Other enchants all focus on biggest possible gain to attack power.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img21/610/66580024.jpg I prefer cleaner UI's with cooldown/proc addons, one addon I have found to enjoy a lot is PowerAuras, invaluable for rime/killing machine procs.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I have been playing World of Warcraft since beta, was on a US server like a lot of australians then went to Blackrock and then to Barthilas.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail) In WoW I have done everything bar cleared naxx in pre-bc, during BC I didn't raid too much so only got up to Mu'ru before the nerf, other MMOs I never really raided, played mainly PvP ones. UO/Dark Age of Camelot. In wotlk I have completed most of Heroic ICC10, 11/12 ICC25 normal before the 30% buff, admittedly on my hunter, name is Cutielol if you wish to check.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I am currently in No Dice, we don't raid we just make pugs and the like, most of my current ICC10 progression came with pugs.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Was in Affinity pre-bc, have not raided much recently, did Ulduar 25 with KNM, and a bit with Lost Legacy.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Steve
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Melbourne, Australia GMT+10
Regular play time: 6-6:30 and onwards, generally stay up till midnight/1am
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes I am able to attend all those times, the only thing I could see being a minor issue is on Mondays/Thursdays I work at a different site, i finish at 5:30, takes me about 30mins to get home, sometimes the traffic can be annoying, rarely tho so I may be there right on time or max 5 mins late. It isnt something that happens often, but should be noted.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I am looking to "finish" wotlk as best as I can, and I would like to find a home for Cataclysm. Really looking forward to the expansion, and would very much like to do it with a group of good people.
How did you hear about us? Reading the Barthilas forums.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No I do not.
Can this person vouch for you? Do not know anyone.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Most certainly do.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes I do
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Core2 Quad Core 2.33ghz, 4gb of Ram, GeForce 9600GT Graphics Card
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? iiNet, I am on ADSL2+ normally get 10mbps/1.5mbps
Do you disconnect often? Never unless something else goes wrong, ie: power goes off etc.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? I use LowerPing

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: This is probably the only thing I could show you in regards to dps, ICC25 Did it earlier today.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img340/207/dpstn.jpg

I understand that my gear is far from the best, so if I have to sit out for some things that is fine with me. I am currently overcapped on Expertise but that is due to lack of options + the fact that I am human, been trying to see what I could do to get rid of it. In regards to my professions, this is a character I pulled out of retirement due to wanting it to be my main come Cataclysm, so professions are lacking. It is my main goal currently to get to 450 JC which I am working on, should be there within a week.

Last edited by pmai on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

pmai

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight Empty Re: [Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight

Post  Spl Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:02 am

hey there, nice app.

spec looks pretty standard for a DW dk, there are a couple of things I'd recommend though to possibly squeeze a little bit more dps out of your dk with:

1. I've seen that using a str/haste hybrid in yellow sockets with +4str or higher can yield a dps bonus in comparison to gemming pure strength in all slots, especially since your gear is mainly ilvl 264 quality..oh, and drop the 24AP to boots, pick up a runspeed chant (i.e. cat's swiftness).
Good luck dropping a bunch of that expertise as well Wink

2. I've seen a lot of discussion about RI/FC being a better rune placement combo than FC/RI. this is largely due to a better up-time on fallen crusader since your ToT strikes be unable to miss. although it's a bigger dps increase if you're under the exp cap, any increase is nice

apart from that it looks like you know your stuff! what do you plan on making your second prof alongside jc?

good luck with the app!

ps. your UI screenshot link is bringing up a 404 error
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight Empty Re: [Declined]Pmai - Frost Death Knight

Post  firao Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:58 am

Blacksmithing ilvl264 crafted boots

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:48 am

your screenshot link is broken, try using the forums host image function Wink
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:29 am

yeah just noticed that as well, posting from work atm, when i get home i will reupload it, good pointers about the boots ill get onto that, as for my second profession i figured id stick with mining, the difference currently won't be as large seeing as we are nearing the end of the expansion, and mining/jc will be better for cataclysm, but ill see how things go if its needed i was thinking bs/jc

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:40 am

Spl wrote:drop the 24AP to boots, pick up a runspeed chant (i.e. cat's swiftness).
or even better...you can get the better ap enchant before hand
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:43 pm

imageshack being annoying gonna upload to webserver when it comes back online, meanwhile i found blood-soaked saronite stompers in bank that i forgot about, so boots problem solved

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:53 am

updated post with UI, keep in mind i use a g13 so some buttons may not look right/bound etc

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:40 pm

a few hours should've been enough to atleast get mining to 400+
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:42 pm

working on it now actually

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  kazeone Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:05 pm

didn't realise mining counted as a raiding profession unless you were a tank...

kazeone

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:07 pm

its not, ive already mentioned my reason for it above.

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:19 pm

nothing against you man, but you not even taking the time to build up not even one raiding profession makes you look half ass and makes your application look real weak

and just in case, blah blah for catac, it's not for another few months, and wtf have you been doing the previous months?
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  pmai Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Thats fair enough, constructive criticism is always good, this is a toon that i leveled a while ago just for the hell of it, but decided this will be my main come cataclysm, it was originally designed to be just a gatherer, but now i am working on professions, as previously mentioned will be at 400jc by end of week, which will be enough for the JC only gems, at which point I can begin working on Blacksmithing for the extra sockets. The mining is there to get the ore to level both the skills, whatever I am missing by the end I will simply buy from AH.

pmai

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:38 pm

applying to a guild

step 1: sort shit out
step 2: app
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:27 pm

^

Sorry, going to have to give ya a miss.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down