Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté

+3
firao
Haxiom
Avanté
7 posters

Go down

[Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté Empty [Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté

Post  Avanté Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:10 am

Player Information
Character Name: Avanté
Server: Barthilas (Alliance)
Current Guild: n/a
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Avant%C3%A9
Talent Spec: 2/3/31 (Field Dressing/Blood Craze)
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
PvE Spec chosen for its reduction of Cooldowns, Mitigation, Healing Increases and attaining all the key talents.
Glyphs:
Prime: Obvious choices of Shield Slam, Revenge and Devastate, there are no alternatives.
Major: These are personal and are interchangeable on any fight. I like to use shockwave on lots of fights, HLK, H Halion, both of which require aoe tanking/stunning.
Charge/Intervene. Depending on what I'm doing I like charge for a lot of fights involving moving long distances, PP for example, or getting knocked back on Princes etc.
Intervene or Charge for Halion, if I'm little ember tank it helps get me around the room, if i get combustion I run out and charge the dragon, or intervene someone etc.
And Thunderclap for AOE Tanking, especially handy for applying it to other nearby enemies, or other tanks targets.
Gems and Enchants are standard stam stacking. I use Blood Draining on my Last Word, and Mongoose on my Bloodvenom Blade. I have the option then of switching to Last Word if healers are going oom, but generally use BVB since 4.0 for threat purposes.

What makes you an exceptional player?** Important Question **
I love to raid. I will give a guild all my time if it gives me theirs. I've been playing my Warrior since 2004 so it fits like a glove. I know the class intimately and wouldn't play anything else for a main!
I know what its like to be in a progression guild, I know what it is to raid at that level. I don't mind wiping!
I always research latest data on stat and gear priorities, usually from EJ. I also like to keep up to date with top tanks in guilds like Paragon, to see what the best of the best are doing, and learn.
I'm easy going, chatty and like to help out.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): ** REQUIRED - Show/list keybinds not doing so will make us assume u click ALSOHealer UI's need to be in raid **
I know it says in combat, but I'm not raiding at the moment. I have stances Battle, Defensive and Bezerker keybound to Shift R T F so they are easy to dance around but I don't accidently switch. I use R for Devastate, T for shield slam and F for revenge. This makes it easy for me to move around and still gen threat, important on most fights. I use a war bringer macro for shift 3. I have one bar set up with my normal tank stuff which you can see in the SS. the next one down is similar but the taunt is focus taunt, and it has vigilance and disarm on it. That way I can easily access those things quickly by shift scrolling and still be able to hit heroic strike and shield block etc. Shift Scroll UP has Cooldowns 1 through 6. Ctrl + Q Ctrl + E are Health Pots/Stones.
As far as mods, the staples of DBM, OMEN, Grid, Recount, I like Tidy Plates and Tauntmaster also.
LINK: https://2img.net/h/i106.photobucket.com/albums/m276/Lawdor/wow-1.png

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I played from the very first day to the end of Vanilla. I then had a break and came back when BC was in full swing. After a while I had a break because my IRL friends did and the guild I was in broke up. I came back during WotLK when ICC was the current content.
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances).
Vanilla: Server 2nd Rag and Nef kills in Defias on Kilrogg, server 3rd C'THUN.
BC: Cleared Kara and Gruul's lair before having a break in BC.
WotLK: Heroic ICC: Clear, Heroic Halion: Clear. Server first Halion 10 Normal (Frostmourne), Server 2nd Heroic Halion (Barthilas)
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Red Sun is an excellent guild with exceptional players. However, the tank roster is packed. Myself and the other Protection Warrior were concerned about our future in Red Sun, with such a full roster and the news that the GM was switching to his Protection Warrior as a main for Cataclysm, it left me feeling uneasy about my future in the guild. I don't want to be benched for the next year. The other tank was demoted, and so here I am searching for a new home. I want to be in a progression guild to raid not to play black ops in the afk vent channel.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Exhale (Frostmourne), Sanguinary (Frostmourne) thats about the important stepping stones.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Adam
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Sydney, NSW, Australia, AEST.
Regular play time: Weekdays, Weeknights, Sundays/nights.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to be a part of a solid guild for Cataclysm, and I wouldn't mind joining Horde for a new experience.
How did you hear about us? I'm on Barthilas so I've seen you around.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Not yet!
Can this person vouch for you? N/A
Why should we accept you into Proxy?** Important Question **
Well, if you require a solid tank with comparable experience to your current roster, with the skill and the passion to complete content, I'm your man.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 12GB Ram, i7 975 @3.33GHz, Dual Radeon 5870 HD
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Optus, 20MB/s down.
Do you disconnect often? No
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Lowerping subscription.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: Not sure how helpful this is as a tank
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sgxq8pn003ou4fpu/details/11/

If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.

I work and study in graphic design, my hours are flexible and I can make adjustments to raid etc.

Thanks for reviewing my application!

Last edited by Avanté on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Avanté

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté Empty Re: [Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté

Post  Haxiom Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:19 am

Couple of questions:
1). Could you explain why you have the 22 stamina enchant on your boots?
2). Why no "Blood and Thunder" in your spec?

Good luck with your app.
Haxiom
Haxiom

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté Empty Re: [Declined] Protection Warrior - Avanté

Post  Avanté Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:43 am

Blood and thunder is pretty useless right now for raiding in my opinion, nothing survives long enough for the long term threat to be worth it. @ 85 I will evaluate and look into its threat capacity, but will also be interested to see how deep wounds threat compares. I don't know any warriors who use blood and thunder for WotLK raiding. The only encounter it might be worthwhile on is Halion Heroic as the Little Ember tank.

As for the 22 stamina to boots, I can't think of an alternative? Tuskkar's is pointless with warbringer in my opinion. What do you use/suggest?

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:35 am

What do you do if there's nothing to charge, yet still have to move as fast as you can somewhere?

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanté Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:49 am

Call for a body and soul bubble or intervene someone, I can't think of an encounter where I would be out of range of a mob or player. Worse case Swiftness pot I suppose!

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  Haxiom Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:28 am

You are 40 yards away from a mob, you need to make up a minimum of 10 yards to charge, the extra speed helps. Also, positioning a mob, you don't need to necessarily move more than 25 yards, the extra speed helps. Every good tank I know or have armoried has used a speed enchant on their boots since BC (those without talents that do the same thing).

As for "not using it in current content", there is an expansion coming up, personally I like testing new tools that I know will be used in progression content. From your raiding record though, I see it's something you have not experienced in awhile.
Haxiom
Haxiom

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:32 am

Idk, +8% run speed 100% of the time just seems a lot better than 7 more stamina, especially with oceanic latency.

But what do I know, I'm a feral druid. I get 30% run speed all the time.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:41 am

...ui
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanté Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:56 am

Well I guess I could try it. As for the blood and thunder talent I have tried it, but found it pointless on current content, as for my 85 spec it will depend on how deep wounds fairs against b and t for aoe and single target threat if I was using two tank specs also if I ran with it in one spec. As for the comment about raiding, it's the main reason I'm looking for a new guild, the roster of 6 tanks meant a lot of bench time especially coming into the guild late they had three tanks who were an easy option with there experience.

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:11 am

Kald wrote:...ui
There is absolutely nothing wrong with that UI.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:44 am

I use default, don't dis it Kald.
Grandil
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanté Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Haha I love default! It's clean! I need to see everything that's going on. Also I'm not opposed to trying stuff at all it's just not something I considered I needed or had a moment where I wish I had it. You make a valid argument about the speed. It's probably worth it!

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanté Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:30 pm

shameless keen as a bean bump! bounce

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:33 am

Sorry that you had to bump your own thread. We'll get back to asap. Obviously before Cata. Wink
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Avanté Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:45 am

Haha no all good, don't want to seem impatient, its more that Proxy would be my guild of choice :p

Avanté

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:43 pm

Sorry for the long wait, going to have to say no.

Declined.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down