Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior

+5
Kald
ineedtofu
firao
Fozby
Ulthii
9 posters

Go down

[Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior Empty [Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior

Post  Ulthii Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Player Information

Character Name: Ultimus
Server: Dath'Remar
Current Guild: None, previously Mac Supremacy
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dath'Remar&n=Ultimus
Talent Spec: 2/3/31, http://wowtal.com/#k=IqtkfAi.a7t.warrior.ROTKk9

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: *Deep Breath*
My spec is tailored to be as easy to keep up as possible, while putting optimal threat/dps output. I skipped shield spec for Incite as with my glyph choices, I can hold aoe aggro fairly easily, and Incite is a large dps and threat boost for single targets. I subbed points into Field Dressing for more healing received, and blood craze to help stay up. I have one point in hold the line since the benefit is the same as 2 points, but I feel it's up often enough with one point that I can spend the other better elsewhere.

My prime glyphs are Devastate, Revenge and Shield Slam (The only options available), my majors are Thunder Clap, Shockwave and Cleave to help with AoE tanking, and my minors are Demoralizing Shout to help the uptime, Battle Shout (As I find myself using it more then commanding), and Berserker Rage for being the best minor available.

The bulk of my gems are straight stam, with a 10 parry/15 stam to activate the meta.

My enchants are baseline as most tanks would have, I chose 18 armor to gloves over 250 armor (engineering that doesn't stack) as I feel I get more benefit from it out of talents and the ICC buff. I chose 22 stam over tuskars vitality since I can abuse charge/intercept/intervene to go places. I currently use accuracy on my weapon as my only threat based enchant.
I am aiming for unhittable, which will make every attack that does go through hit for 30% (or luckily 60% from critical block) less damage

What makes you an exceptional player? I have a large understanding and lots of experience with my class and game mechanics. I can bring a player who has a goal to be #1, can perform at their best through wipes and late nights and can research fights, strategies and potential shortcuts/workarounds
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat):
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img89/7291/wowscrnshot102110194108.jpg
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img532/5634/wowscrnshot031210202630.jpg (Forgive me, the top is my UI, but I really don't have a picture of it in combat, the bottom is just to show placements of timers, boss health frame, and nameplates)

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? Since june 8th 2005
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances) I previously only played wow for the casual fun side, in patch late 3.2 I joined Mac Supremacy to get a taste of serious raiding, and I was hooked when we got up to lich king and hard modes. I helped with many of the boss strategies we used and pushed to progress further.
I figure i'll list the casual raids I did then too;
Vanilla; ZG, AQ20, MC and Onyxia
BC; Kara, ZA, Gruuls, Mags, SSC, TK and the first two bosses of Hyjal
WotlK: Naxx/maly/os, and had a break from progression casual raiding until I joined Mac, which we did 4/5 ToGC pre 3.3, and since have worked our way up to 11/12 heroic 25s, with 12/12 heroic 10s cleared in ICC.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
I left Mac due to inner guild drama, descending performance and attendance, and only getting worse for Cataclysm. The friends i've made in Mac understand this too

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? None, Mac was my first serious raiding guild

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Blake
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Sydney, (GMT+10, I THINK it's +11 for daylight savings atm)
Regular play time: weekdays 4-5pm onwards to 1-3am, weekends it's whenever I wake up, it's not surprising for me to be on 12+ hours a day

Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): I can attend all of these nights without problems

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I am looking for a new guild, primarily for Cataclysm raiding, with this i'd like to try a different server (Dath'Remar isn't one of the best), and I believe you are what i'm looking for in a guild.
How did you hear about us? I first heard about you guys from a guildie/friend, and from there found out what I could through forum posts/wowprogress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I believe that proxy is what i'm looking for in a guild, I believe joining can help me push my limits, and in return, help you push yours. I can give progression bosses my all, and realize the importance of showing up, encouragement, and working as a team to do otherwise impossible feats
(Sorry for little content on this and exceptional player, I think they're the same thing? :s not good with describing myself)

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
4GB RAM
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GSO
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra, 20mb/sec, 200gb cap
Do you disconnect often? Rarely, if ever
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No

Ulthii

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior Empty Re: [Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior

Post  Fozby Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:30 am

Do you click comm shout, shield wall, intimidating?

Do you have another bind for taunt other than = ?

Edit: I'm guessing shield wall is macro'd to your Skeleton Key, so i'll ask if you have problems reaching your 7 to = key's(disarm to taunt) instead

Edit2: Nvm where's your shield wall keybind? D:

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior Empty Re: [Declined] Ultimus - Protection Warrior

Post  Ulthii Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:27 am

Taunt is also bound to - (numpad one), which is mousebutton 11 on my razor naga ;s whoops.
I have not bound shield wall as I use last stand + skeleton key/4 set for oh sh!t, since it also gives me health in the case healers are busy, and for the most part the need for shield wall is predictable

I have no problems using 7 to -, aside from revenge and shield block, those aren't used too often anyway (almost everything is immune to disarm now)

I swap battle shout and comm shout spots on the group, and I swap my pvp trinket and sindys when for some reason I decide to pvp as prot

Ulthii

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:19 pm

I have not bound shield wall
revenge and shield block, those aren't used too often anyway
Seriously? Neutral

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulthii Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:21 pm

firao wrote:
I have not bound shield wall
revenge and shield block, those aren't used too often anyway
Seriously? Neutral

I thought I said aside from revenge and shield block? ._.

EDIT: I realize what you mean, i mean aside from revenge and shield block, the rest of the ones there aren't used much

Ulthii

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:26 pm

CLICK CLICK
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulthii Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah, I click a 3 minute predictable cd :<

I'll bind it to numpad 4, then

Ulthii

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm

revenge is used every single time it procs, hardly "not often"

shield block is used every cd.

If your only using shield wall when you 'predicting' a lot of incoming damage then your doin it wrong. the shit can hit the fan really quickly and you need to pop everything as fast as possible while focusing on where your positioned, if your looking at your mouse scrolling down to your action bar then clicking on shield wall you could already be dead.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:00 am

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dath'remar/Ultimus/
I noticed you have the haste enchant on your gloves from engineering instead of the 250 armour and wondered why/when you use the haste enchant.
Also, I thought mongoose was the preferred weapon enchant

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulthii Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:00 pm

yawt wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dath'remar/Ultimus/
I noticed you have the haste enchant on your gloves from engineering instead of the 250 armour and wondered why/when you use the haste enchant.
Also, I thought mongoose was the preferred weapon enchant

As explained in my original post, the 250 armor for gloves by engineering DOES NOT stack, and that's intended. I chose the haste enchant over the rocket glove as it's a larger dps boost.

Mongoose/Blade Warding/26 Agility are the preferred for avoidance, Blood Draining for EH, and then there's threat enchants, like Accuracy and the weapon chain

Ulthii

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:24 am

your name is blake??

DECLINED for having THE EXACT NAME AS SHAMBAGscum
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:54 am

Puudizz wrote:your name is blake??

DECLINED for having THE EXACT NAME AS SHAMBAGscum

comes back and straight into the trolling.
my man. hahaha
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:26 am

nope.

Declined
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down