Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman

+7
firao
ineedtofu
megarambo
kazeone
Aurn
Spl
Raivo
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Empty [Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman

Post  Raivo Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:27 pm

**See bottom of application.

Player Information
Character Name:

Raivo
Server:
Barthlias
Current Guild:
N/A, Guildless
Armory Link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Raivo
Talent Spec:
05/31/0(Enhancement)
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: A melee-spell hybrid has always appealed to me, which is pretty much the reason I rolled an Enhancement Shaman. (2/3 Acuity+3/3Concussion VS 3/3 Acuity+2/3Concussion – Already at 46% Crit unbuffed, 2% extra spell damage would go further in the long run.)
Gems and Enchants are proven to be the highest DPS for my spec, and the Glyphs are a mixture of DPS and benefit.
What makes you an exceptional player?** Important Question **
Striving to prove that Enhancement shaman are capable of great things, I'm constantly researching theories and whatnot to boost my DPS. I'm also very reliable and always early to raids, and in the event I need to miss a raid, I always post as soon as possible.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): ** REQUIRED - Healer UI's need to be in raid **(Photobucket scales it down, my resolution is 1680x1050)
https://2img.net/h/i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/Doc_Pingas/RaidUI2-2.jpg?t=1289472596

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?

5+years
What is your raid experience?
Brief History -
Pre-BC:
MC, BWL, AQ20/40(Twin Emps), Naxx(Anub/Razuvious)
BC:
Kara, Gruul, SSC, TK, BT, No SWP experience to speak of, outside of the pre WLK patch.
WLK:
Naxx(10/25),OS3D(10/25), EoE(10/25) Ulduar(10/25), ToGC(4/5 25M H), ICC(8/12 25M H)
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Systemic, on Alliance. I took a break over June/July while moving from Wollongong to Wagga Wagga, and between then the guild sort of stopped raiding, and soon dissolved.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Serendipity, from mid last year to Jan this year, and Systemic from Jan to July.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only):
Justin
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please):
Aus, Wagga Wagga, GMT 10+
Regular play time:
Anytime I feel like, really, but usually 6pm onwards most days.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):
Yep, my job is only erratic day shifts.(1 shift a week, come on.)

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
Proxy is a top-tier guild that I'd love to be a part of.
How did you hear about us?
Who hasn't heard of you? Wink Cross and Noctis were the titans of progression guilds Hordeside.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
Yes! Mystikhar! Damn, we raided back in Serendipity together. Friendly Enh shaman competition. Great person, great dps.
And Grawr and Chiv as well.(so many ex-serendipity guys, I didnt know!)
Can this person vouch for you?
Sure hope so.
Why should we accept you into Proxy?** Important Question **
I feel like I could become a valued raider, given the opportunity to flaunt my stuff. I'd also love the opportunity to grab the Realm First achievements Very Happy

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?

Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
4GB Ram, Intel Core2 Duo E7400, ATI Radeon HD 4800
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
Internode, ADSL2+
Do you disconnect often?
No
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
Nope

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

SS of Raid UI+DPS
https://2img.net/h/i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/Doc_Pingas/RaidUI2-2.jpg?t=1289472596
Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
I can take critique, I can be the butt of jokes, I can have fun, and I will never be a carry-case.
**I've also talked over the possibility of becoming another spec with Emosaur. Though I am applying to Proxy as Enhancement, I am perfectly fine with speccing into any 3 of my classes specs, as I've had experience with two(Enh/Resto) in End-Game raiding, and some minor exp in the spellcaster field(Alt Warlock doing 4/12 ICC25 runs)**

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, hope to hear from you guys soon! Very Happy

Last edited by ineedtofu on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added in-guild reference.)

Raivo

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Empty Re: [Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman

Post  Spl Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Hello,

It's hard to tell from the armory so a couple of things:

- How are you reforging your gear? Going by the Armory, it seems that you have gone for gemming expertise and hit, when reforging is the more efficient way to go so that you can use your sockets and prismatic gems for agility (our most valuable stat as enhance since 4.0) - a blue socket being the main exception if you are short a bit of hit from reforging and can use the hit (or agi/hit hybrid) to activate it. I'll chalk up the apparent missing enchants on some pieces to the armory being shit. Also, 16 Agi gem in neck Sad

- 3/3 Acuity + 2/3 Concussion will most likely yield more benefit for you than 2/3 Ac + 3/3 Conc, especially as you don't have any issues with the melee crit cap (i say most likely because i haven't tested with your gear set etc). Besides that your spec looks good
Agi/Haste is also marginally more valuable than agi/crit orange gems if you're going for the socket bonuses, as a rule of thumb though I tend to ignore pretty much every socket bonus except for +6 agility ones due to how good agility is for us!

- Black Bruise is a really average wep for enhance now with the nerf to melee haste and our white damage in general. You would be better off with another PvP wep with the extra socket + stats on it (you also still have a resto belt equipped ;p)

Just a general q, i can't see it from your screenshot, but what keys are your Heals, Pots, HS and Cleanse bound to?

wall of text out. nice to see there are still some other enhance shamans around. gl with your app
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Empty Re: [Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman

Post  Raivo Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:01 pm

-I've gone all out Mastery in reforging, considering all but 2 sources of our damage is elemental in nature(b-dum-tish) and that you can't gem Mastery at this point in time(Thus the reason for the expertise/hit gems). Currently sitting at 19.74 Mastery/49% extra elemental damage, which sorta follows into the whole 2/3Acuity VS 3/3 Conc. spec thing. Do you suggest ignoring mastery rating for now until it appears on gear come Cata?(I'll wait for a response before I regem some more.)

-I'll go ahead and farm some more honor for the pvp fist Smile

-Still working out my keybinds at the moment, I was recently hacked so I destroyed all addons I used and didn't download any for about a month. At the moment I have my pot/HS above Cleanse Spirit, bound to S-9, combat potions to S-0, Cleanse Spirit to 7, and the two heals to S-6 and S-7.

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:21 am

Yup, I definitely do suggest that. Agility > Mastery since it affects all of our damage, so reforging for our respective hit and exp caps and then reforging any excess pieces to Mastery will be a stronger gear set up for you
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 am

Done, all reforged and regemmed, sitting on a nice 5.3k AP, 55% crit and 32% mastery Very Happy

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurn Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:47 am

so... is 5.3k AP good for shamans ? sounds low to me but then I am a druid....

Aurn

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:50 am

If Spl is the best geared Enh shaman in your guild, take a look at his AP.

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  kazeone Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:04 am

Can u compare to the 8th ranked world - wide enhance shaman dps monster SPL (lol)
[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Lol1

kazeone

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:30 am

Oh dang fair enough, I went off his Armory ap, 6k-ish which seems reasonable to how well geared he is to

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:25 pm

gemming looks better stats sound good . something worth noting is that blizzard's confirmed that the exp cap is below 26 as of 4.0, so you can get some extra mastery from reforging a bit of the excess expertise you have atm. The current cap is about 89 rating with the orc racials (22-23 exp).

haha kaze. paint pro!

Aurn wrote:so... is 5.3k AP good for shamans ? sounds low to me but then I am a druid....

it didn't used to be, but we lost a fair bit of AP when 4.0 hit with the removal of ap from gear etc
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:49 pm

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Expert10
Still shows under cap for me without my helmet?

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:55 pm

yep its bugged 23exp is all you need
megarambo
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Oh ok cool

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:13 pm

megarambo wrote:yep its bugged 23exp is all you need
wrong champ...its 22exp 172 rating to be exact
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Raivo Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:39 pm

ineedtofu wrote:
megarambo wrote:yep its bugged 23exp is all you need
wrong champ...its 22exp 172 rating to be exact
But 22 Exper =/= 172 rating?

Raivo

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

22.5 expertise, actually (does work out to be 172 expertise rating for ret paladins due to the 10 exp glyph). Ratings would be different for you depending on your class/talents/racials etc.

At level 85, it will be 26 again.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm

firao wrote:22.5 expertise, actually (does work out to be 172 expertise rating for ret paladins due to the 10 exp glyph). Ratings would be different for you depending on your class/talents/racials etc.

no its 172 rating for everyone without +10 expertise. its 95 rating for the rets or anyone else
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:31 pm

ineedtofu wrote:
firao wrote:22.5 expertise, actually (does work out to be 172 expertise rating for ret paladins due to the 10 exp glyph). Ratings would be different for you depending on your class/talents/racials etc.

no its 172 rating for everyone without +10 expertise. its 95 rating for the rets or anyone else
Oh that's right, they took out the 10 expertise talent for ferals, didn't they...

Well, anyway, it's 22.5 expertise, no clue what rating exactly for enhance.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:21 pm

Spl wrote:. The current cap is about 89 rating with the orc racials (22-23 exp).
/enhance droodz
Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:11 am

Spl wrote:
Spl wrote:. The current cap is about 89 rating with the orc racials (22-23 exp).
/enhance droodz
m8.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:41 am

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Cat-Stevens-wins-case

I was once like you are now and I know that it's not easy, to be calm when you've found something going on... but take your time, think a lot, why, think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow but your enhance may not.

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:57 am

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Taeyan10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjcvasr-6o0

please watch this clip it will help yu play better when yu hear this song.

listen to the first line
some say it not over till its over
guess this is really over now

now sing the chorus
cause yu should be my laddy..
the wedding dress that you're wearing
its not me next to yu
ohh the wedding dress you're wearing
ohhhh noooooooooooooooo

p.s Droods cried to this song dont diss it
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:01 am

There may be a day when you are able to reach the dizzying heights of WoW and become as good as people like BoomBoom. At this time you will be able to raid listening to....

OOOOOHHH YOU'RE THE BEST AROUUNDDDDDD

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:05 am

[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Karate10

please refer to the youtube link for further info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:12 am

Puudizz wrote:[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Taeyan10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjcvasr-6o0

please watch this clip it will help yu play better when yu hear this song.

listen to the first line
some say it not over till its over
guess this is really over now

now sing the chorus
cause yu should be my laddy..
the wedding dress that you're wearing
its not me next to yu
ohh the wedding dress you're wearing
ohhhh noooooooooooooooo

p.s Droods cried to this song dont diss it
[Declined] Raivo - Enhancement/OTHER** Shaman Qsmixzul

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next