Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined]Girly - Combat rogue

5 posters

Go down

[Declined]Girly - Combat rogue Empty [Declined]Girly - Combat rogue

Post  Girly Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Player Information
Character Name:
Girly

Server:
Thaurissan

Current Guild:
Pulse, where I am currently officer for recruitment and raid leader.

Armory Link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&cn=Girly

Talent Spec:
20/51/0 (Rupture spec) and 21/50/0 (Eviscerate spec)

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: I run dual cookie-cutter combat specs, one specializing in Rupture and the other specializing in Eviscerate. I run this setup due to my current guild's occasional lack of a feral druid or arms warrior, resulting in Eviscerate overtaking Rupture as a DPS finisher. Where Mangle/Trauma is available, I will still run my Eviscerate spec on a handful of fights, for the reason that Rupture is only a DPS increase over Eviscerate where it is able to tick for its entire duration. For fights with a large amount of adds that die quickly, most notably Lady Deathwhisper and Valithria Dreamwalker, I will remain as Eviscerate spec.
Glyphs: For both specs, I run Glyphs of Killing Spree/Tricks of the Trade/Sinister Strike. Sinister Strike and Killing Spree are easily the two biggest DPS increases available. The Tricks of the Trade glyph, provided Tricks is used on every cooldown, is a larger raid DPS gain than using a Glyph of Rupture or Eviscerate for a personal DPS gain. For this reason I have chosen to stick with Tricks of the Trade in both specs.
Gems: As combat at suitably high levels of armor penetration, the +20 armor penetration gem becomes the best option for every socket while expertise capped. The exception to this is a blue or yellow socket with the highest gain in agility, in which a Nightmare Tear is placed to activate my meta gem. In my current setup I have placed my Nightmare Tear in to my gloves, for a 6 agility gain. I have also placed two +20 expertise gems in to my boots, to keep me at the expertise cap (which I am on exactly).
Enchantments: All of my enchantments are considered the highest DPS gains available. The only possibly debatable enchantment would be my boots enchantment. Even after the research that has gone in to this enchantment, I prefer to take it largely as a matter of personal preference, because I believe that the encounters in Icecrown Citadel demand movement as much as DPS.

What makes you an exceptional player?
I rank myself as an exceptional player for the following reasons:
1) Second place is first loser. Anything less than my best, at any point, is unacceptable to me. Through research and dedication I strive to be the best at any aspect of the game that I choose to take part in.
2) I am a living encyclopedia of classes. While my primary focus is on rogue theorycrafting and performance, being Pulse's recruitment officer has meant I have had to keep up to date with all classes, their mechanics, cookie-cutter specs, proper gemming and enchanting, and upcoming changes. Because of this I can visualize a raid space from more points of view than just my own.
3) When I assign myself a task, I stick to it. Anything less than 100% raid attendance where possible is unacceptable. Occasionally real life will call as it does for everyone, but once the clock strikes raid time, raiding has my full attention.
4) I am a gamer at heart and have been for 17 years. I can pick up anything and play it effectively, and WoW is no exception.
5) I am an exceptional multi-tasker. Being raid leader for Pulse has given me two sets of eyes: one set to assess the state of the encounter and respond with commands, the other set to watch my personal performance and perform to my best.
6) I am an avid rogue theorycrafter. Mathematics, numbers, equations and calculations are what my mind runs on. I am constantly assessing and evaluating my gear choices, and have recently started building my own rogue simulator in preperation for Cataclysm.
7) I have both a logical and emotional connection to the game. I understand the game and its mechanics very well. I also understand, and this is what I believe a lot of Wrath raiders are lacking, the value of dedication and persistence against challenging content.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat):
https://2img.net/h/i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/assumedly/WoWScrnShot_081110_201910.jpg
This is a screenshot taken on Gunship Battle, when the ship glitched for me and ended up at Saurfang's platform while the encounter was going. Something was up with my internet connection at that point (as will be explained below) so perhaps that was to blame, but I can assure you that is not common.
Also, though it cannot be seen on that screenshot since the buffs weren't active, I track my Slice and Dice/Rupture buffs and Killing Spree/Adrenaline Rush/Blade Flurry cooldowns just above my portrait with NeedToKnow.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I have been playing now for about 2.5 years.

What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
I did not raid in classic or BC because I was only level 63 when Wrath was released. However I do not believe this has impacted my ability to understand what it means to be a raider in a guild. I began in Wrath on a prot paladin, running a small but successful 10 man guild which would also pug 25 man content weekly. This guild disbanded in early Ulduar when disagreements between the NZers and the Australians as to which times should be raid times arose, with no compromise able to be met, and I wasn't able to recruit early birds to fill the missing gaps. From then on I adopted my rogue.

T7:
Naxx - Cleared
OS3D - Cleared 1D at T7 level, and 3D at T8 level.
EoE - Cleared

T8:
Ulduar - Cleared all but Yogg, which I cleared at T9 level. The guild I joined after disbanding my own was not a very good guild.

T9:
Trial of the Grand Crusader - I joined a better guild during this tier (which would later become Pulse) and cleared all except Anub, which was solely down to our healers underperforming.

T10:
Icecrown Citadel - I have cleared all heroic modes except The Lich King.
Ruby Sanctum - I have cleared this on normal mode only.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
This question will require a detailed answer. The end-of-expansion-blues started seriously hitting Pulse a few months ago, and while we were able to get our Sindragosa and Professor kills, The Lich King was just too far off due to attendance issues and burnouts, and everyone knew it. Regardless, I fought tooth and nail to attempt to keep the guild together, proposing changes to our raiding structure in an attempt to keep people interested. To make things worse, our GM has had to take a month's leave to do navy training, and his 2IC has taken a month's break to tour Italy. Another of our officers decided to quit until Cataclysm, another has had to quit due to computer troubles, and another had to quit to focus on studying. Pulse came down to me, our MT, and our healing officer leading the guild. Due to a very intense difference of opinion between me and our MT, a large explosion of opinion happened in the raiders part of our guild forum, which led our MT to declare raiding over until Cataclysm (which was not his call to make), slowly start ripping the guild apart, and pinning it all as my fault in the interest of having me demoted or removed from the guild. I've stuck around until now, because I am the only one interested in rebuilding and didn't want to let the guild dissolve, but I'm tired and thinking it's just not worth trying to fight past the propaganda the MT is spreading around anymore.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
- I led a guild in early Wrath called Artificial Intelligence, which was a raiding guild with the intent of clearing hard mode content at 10 man level. This disbanded due to the reasons mentioned above.
- Following that, I joined the guild Exhumed, which was a successful 25 man raiding guild, but overall player skill was a bit lacking. I left this guild due to that and their raids going until 2am NZT, which I could not cope with.
- I then joined En V, which I was in for about two weeks before the officers at the time led a mutiny and formed Pulse. I followed because En V disbanded.
- Less than four months in to my membership at Pulse, I was invited to become an officer to take care of recruitment and assist with raid planning. Eventually I took over as raid leader as well.

Personal Facts

Michael

Regular play time:
I am online every day from about 7:30pm NZT onwards. I will occasionally be on in the mornings too.

Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):
In general I will have no problem making these raid times. However due to the nature of my job, I will sometimes get rostered on for strange hours. This should not interfere with raiding times except for the Sunday raid. If I am scheduled on for a Sunday night, there will typically be a morning shift that I can swap for. I know my rostered work hours at least a week in advance, so if a situation ever arises where I am unable to raid, you will have plenty of warning.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
Because outside of Pulse, there are not many options for a successful raiding guild that raids at New Zealand-friendly times. I want to raid with people who I can both compete against and work with for progression.

How did you hear about us?
I originally applied for Noctis Erus at the same time as En V. I was declined due to an abundance of rogues already in the guild. I believe I heard about Noctis Erus on the "Kiwi Raiding Guilds" thread on the official WoW forums, and kept the name in the back of my mind ever since.

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
I do not know anyone in Proxy.

Why should we accept you into Proxy?
Because I am an exceptional player with a large array of knowledge and skills to offer. I can offer guidance as well as accept it from others. I do not mind nights on the bench or missing out on a piece of loot. I fight to be the best, with the best. I am also up to date on patch 4.0.1 and Cataclysm changes, and am fully ready for the upcoming changes.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?
Yes.

Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
I have a mic and have no issues with talking.

List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz
CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition, overclocked to 3.2GHz
GFX: nVidia GTX285

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
My current ISP is Vodafone, who had a massive problem recently to the point where WoW was unplayable without Battleping. However they seem to have sorted their shit now, and I have no trouble raiding. Here is a speed test I just did to Los Angeles (which is where or near where the realm is located):
[Declined]Girly - Combat rogue 981497805

Do you disconnect often?
No. If I disconnect, something is very wrong, and being as reliant on my internet connection as I am, I will be frantically trying to fix it.

Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
I have never needed to, except for Battleping while Vodafone were having their issues.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
Pulse raids haven't been the greatest recently, as I explained. I didn't do too badly in this log I guess: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/nwpztcmxu43t4t7z/
And my personal best on Saurfang: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-t7c1g5e8kg68xrqz/sum/damageDone/?s=2860&e=3042

One other note:
It may affect my chance at a trial, but I would like to be honest anyway. From November 23rd until around December 20th, I will be away on a three week tour of Australia's east coast, finishing up with a few days in Auckland and Christchurch. This time off is in no way negotiable, because I have been planning it all year, but I understand if you do not wish to trial me due to it.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application. I hope to hear (some hopefully good news) from you soon.

Girly

Back to top Go down

[Declined]Girly - Combat rogue Empty Re: [Declined]Girly - Combat rogue

Post  Tiger Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:11 am

wtf i thought this was a hot chick app, denied.
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:27 am

I can be a hot chick but it'll cost you. o:

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Noktrnl Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:42 am

i hear that operations not cheap.
Noktrnl
Noktrnl

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:09 am

Girly wrote:Player Information
Character Name:
Girly

Michael

NOT HAPPY, NOT AT ALL HAPPY, LEETBIX WILL CONFIRM THIS

Pretty thorough app, will get our rogues to have a look asap Smile Gl

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:38 pm

I would also like to add quickly that once patch 4.0 hits live servers I will be exploring all three specs to determine which has the most potential. Basic things such as stats and cycles will be planned out prior to any raiding, and then I will be bringing the spec along only after I am fully convinced it is able to perform to standard.

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinori Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:45 pm

your app is very impressive.

Good luck mate.
Tinori
Tinori

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:18 am

Thank you Smile

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:33 am

Just bumping this Smile

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:25 am

I hate to be a bother, but is there any chance of getting a response to this before the Tuesday night maintenance? I'm in the midst of preperation for 4.0, and would appreciate being able to spend Wednesday experimenting with new mechanics. I just need to know which realm I'll be doing it on.

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:03 am

We'll get back to you by tonight Smile

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:57 am

Thanks, I appreciate the update.

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Girly Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:13 am

Just in case my gear was still being evaluated, I have now regemmed for patch 4.0.1, and will be starting off with testing assassination/subtlety PvE specs.

Girly

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:41 am

Sadly, we're going to have to decline your app.

It's a great app but we just have no room for another rogue at the moment and don't want you to xfer over and promise you something we can't give you.

Thanks for your time and sorry we took so long, t'was a tough decision!

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down