Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App

5 posters

Go down

Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App Empty Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App

Post  ineedtofu Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Player Information
Character Name:
Angrok
Server:

Saurfang
Current Guild:

Pride
Armory Link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Saurfang&cn=Angrok
Talent Spec:

Blood (Tank) / OS Unholy (DPS)
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Blood Spec
I choose Blood, as it is the best raid-tanking spec with its self-healing survival ability and the greatest threat generation in single-target boss encounters. It has the greatest stamina pool amongst the three tanking specs. It can give different buff to the raid (i.e. Abomination’s might- Attack power +10%; Hysteria- single target increases 20% of his physical damage)
Having viewed my spec, some may argue that I should put my 2 talent points from Scent of Blood onto Subverison. However, I would like to generate more runic powers from scent of blood - just my personal preference - in order to cast Rune Strike, AMS or mind freeze more efficiently. As I mentioned, sometimes I also swap to glyph of Death Strike, 2 points on Scent of blood can help me to keep up 25 runic powers easily.
Note: I am still experimenting between these 2 points, and also the effects from rune tap.

Glyph
Glyph of Dark Command/ Glyph of Death Strike
It is not acceptable to miss a taunt in certain fights (such as Sindragosa, PP etc.) I will be using Glyph of Dark Command to ensure that I hit the spell hit cap of 17% in order to reduce any chance of missing a taunt.
However fights like Death Whisper where the taunt is immune, it is better to improve the threat gained from Death Strike through the use of the Glyph of Death Strike.

Glyph of Rune Strike
The majority of the threats are created from Rune Strike
(that’s why we have to macro Rune Strike on the majority of our spells, for example:

#showtooltip Icy Touch
/cast Icy Touch
/cast !Rune Strike
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear(); UIErrorsFrame:Show()
)
It is important that we use this glyph to improve our threat generation.

Glyph of Vampiric Blood
Vampiric Blood’s duration increases by 5 seconds which makes the healers’ jobs a lot easier. While Vampiric Blood is up, not only will our stamina pool increase by 15%, but the healer’s healing effect will also increase (by 35%). It is a great glyph and those few seconds are really critical (i.e. Cast a Vampiric Blood a few seconds before the LK casts Soul Reaper; after he casts the soul reaper we can pop the Rune Tap, which converts a Blood Rune into 10% of your Health; the effect of the rune tap will be much more efficient with Vampiric Blood activated, and also it helps the healers a lot.)

Gem
Stamina Gem- simply increases survival ability
Dodge Gem- Increase avoidance
Note: No point gemming expertise since it is over soft cap. If I am lack of expertise(21~25) I will pop food buff during raid [Rhinolicious Wormsteak]
I may also gem agility to increase armor value.
We will never Gem Parry for DK.
Quote from tank spot:
Q What about parry gems?
A If you're a Death Knight, you're never using them. For a Paladin or Warrior, it may be that a parry gem may satisfy the optimal balance for you. Then again, most will only use such a gem to satisfy meta requirements (the greater debate of stamina vs. avoidance gems is not something we'll go into here), so the likelihood of having the "wrong" gem socketed and making a big difference is basically none. As noted, the likelihood that you will need to stack parry gems to achieve your "optimal balance" is pretty low. Even if you did need multiples, the change in your overall avoidance is on the order of fractions of a percentage.
From: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?40003-diminishing-returns-avoidance

Enchant
Mostly to increase stamina pool and survival ability, boot +8% speed increase for fights like sindragosa and LK to increase tank’s mobility.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): ** REQUIRED **
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img837/1489/newscreenshot.jpg
[i]A screenshot in TOC10.

-DxE, DBM, Nameplate, Pitbull, Omen, Grid, Recount (I didn’t turn it on in this screenshot tho) are used. Other addons such as Defile warning hasn’t been showed in this screenshot.
-Max-ranged, macro’ed my abilities, mouse over taunt, weapon swtiches when necessary (i.e. OTing in Sindragosa P1, more likely to use a DPS weapon and change to blood presence in order to increase damage output)

2 screenshots from ICC 10 normal, just in case you don’t accept the ToC screenshot.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img255/3706/dreamwalkerscreenshot.jpg

a screenshot at Dreamwalker.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img830/1406/festergutscreenshot.jpg

a screenshot at Festgut.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
-I started WoW 4 months ago.
Total time played on Angrok:
Total Time played: 42days 15hours 27minutes
Time Played this level: 30days 15hours 9minutes
I intend to play in a long term.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
As I Started WoW 4 months ago, I don’t have any raiding experience that is before the WOTLK expansion.
My WoTLK raiding experience:
ToTC 5/5
ToGC 10M 5/5 25M 4/5
ICC 12/12
ICCH 11/12
RS 1/1
No LK heroic experience but I watched video, read strategies and I pick up things really fast.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?

- R E D – A chinese guild. Had My 11/12HM experiences there. I really love that guild, people are really nice to me. (Member)
-Clique - a guild based in SG. (Trial)

-Currently in Pride of Saurfang, it’s my RL friend’s casual guild.

I joined R E D during Holidays. It is a Chinese guild based in Canada so I was raiding with them in the morning (I live in Sydney.) People are really nice to me, they teach me different boss encounters and help me to improve my tanking ability. I learned a lot from them. ( I joined the guild when I was 11/12exp, the second day they let me tank the 10man and 25man Heroic 11/12 + LK normal and fortunately I pick up really quick and didn’t wipe them in any attempt )
HOWEVER, as my holidays is over, I know that I can never raid with them anymore (even though I can, I cannot raid in long term), so I have to leave and find another guild to raid with for now and for the future expansion.

So I joined Clique. However a week after I transferred, they stopped raiding (main raiders merged with Ascension) and I never have a chance to raid with them except some 10Ms. So now I have to LF guild again.

Link to any recent combat parses (WMO, WoL, etc):
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/15359682#damageout
http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/15359693#damageout
Log when I was raiding with RED months ago.
Personal Facts
Real name (First name only):
Dominic
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please):
Sydney (AEST)
Regular play time:
After 3:30pm till midnight
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):
Yes.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?

-I enjoy high-end raiding and I enjoy pushing progression.
-I am a hardcore raider, I seek a mature atmosphere and the unwavering will to raid. Proxy has what I am seeking for.
How did you hear about us?
WoWprogress
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
No
Can this person vouch for you?
N/A

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?
Yes.
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
Yes. It is necessary for a tank to speak on vent.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
Windows 7 Ultimate
Rating 6.4 Windows experience Index
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU P7550 @2.26GHz 2.27GHz
Installed memory(RAM) 4.00GB
System type:32-bit operating System

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
TPG
Average Latency- 200~300
Average FPS- 60
Do you disconnect often?
NO
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
No but I am going to purchase one.

Other

Tank’s role in a raid

-With the highest amount of Stamina and armor value/ defense, tanks have to maintain the highest threat on bosses and adds, and take the hits for the raid.
-It is important for the tank to face the boss away from the raid. Avoid any direct damage from facing the raid.
- Off-tank also have to build up threat to the second highest threat in case the Main tank loses argo from any situation (i.e. Died from accident, forgot to pop cooldowns in critical moment etc.) It can avoid wipes from the death of main-tank.

[color=red]-I have to maintain a high raid awareness.
Tunnel vision is NOT acceptable. I max-ranged (/console cameradistancemaxfactor 4 ) my view and make sure I can see the whole place. I use my mouse to look around (I am not a mouse clicker, I keybinded and macro’ed everything.) I will be aware of things that is happening in fights. Not only things that happen on me, and also on our raiders. I warn the raid for whatever that is important to mention. (i.e. “Watch out ghost” in Deathwhisper fight, “Cutter in 5” in RS “Adds in 5” etc. )

-Healers are our (tanks) best friend, and we have to help him with their job.
Manage our cooldowns well and using them in critical time is necessary. But that isn’t enough. They don’t know you that well, they don’t know you are going to use a cooldown in 2 seconds later. You HAVE to call it out on vent so they can be well-prepared for that.
(i.e. I am main-tanking LK. Usually 5 seconds before he casts soul reaper, I will cast a Vampiric Blood-15% of total stamina increases, 35% healing effects increases. I will call out on vent “poped CD/poped VB” - I have to make sure the healers know what VB is first [not victoria Bitter….]
so healers can manage their heals more efficiently and be well-prepared for soul reaper. Also I will pop a Rune Tap 5 seconds after he casted Soul Reaper, so I can quickly heal myself after I take the damage. It also reduces the chance of wiping after he cast soul reaper and defile at the same time while healers are running around.)

-When I die, I don’t blame anyone. I will find out what happened, and how to improve that.
Raiders have already tried their best, and the wipe may also be my fault. A tank’s job isn’t to depress the team, but to maintain a good environment, taking hits for the raid. They put faith in me. That’s why they let me to tank.
After a wipe, I will check the combat log, see what has happened, and discuss with people how to improve and not to wipe next combat. Strategies can always improve through discussion.

-I call it out before I do a taunt or pull so raiders will be well-prepared.
It might seem minor but the fact that a lot of tanks don’t do that. It is bad. Calling it out and help them to prepare for the fight or the pull (poping trinkets, double check their items/pet buff whatever.) Also if the healers aren’t ready they will call it out when you ask them before you pull. If you didn’t do these actions, it may cause a wipe. Every seconds/ minutes is critical during progression and a stupid wipe is not acceptable.

-I care about and do minor things to improve my survival ability.
i.e. I pop an indestructible poption before and during a fight, eating specific tanking food such as “Blackened Dragonfin” during progression.

-Sometimes in Phase 1 I may not require to tank.
I will change my weapon into a dps weapon and change to blood presence in order to increase the total damage output of the raid. However I will also aware of changing back to frost presence and tanking weapon, not to make a minor mistake.

What sets me apart from other members of my class?
-I’m a fast learner.
(As I said I started this game 4 months ago, I think it is quite fast to pick up a game in 4 months especially when that game isn’t in your native language.(I came from Hong Kong and my native language is Chinese (Cantonese) It doesn’t mean I am much smarter than anyone else, it is just I put a lot more effort into this game, because I want to learn about the game mechanic, my class, raid encounters etc. And I want to learn MORE, it is just not enough. I want to be one of YOU guys.)

-I am keen to improve and to reach my maximum ability.

-I’m a dedicated raider who is always on time and doesn’t miss raids.

-I am not a person who will give up easily.

-I am not a drama queen. Whoever deserve the loot will take the loot. No point whinging about it.
-I don’t tunnel vision.

-I research fights before raids.

-I’m NOT a mouse clicker: I have keybound and macro’ed my abilities and spells.

-I use my mouse to look around during fights and warn the raid of anything important

- I am a good communicator during combat, I call out whatever that is needed to warn the team / healers.

-I am well-prepared for every raid. Even though for OS food buff, I will prepare them. (Spiced mammoth treats, Dragonfin filet, endless rage pot)
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img836/6807/bag2.jpg

-I research my class to improve my gameplay.
This means not only elitist jerks, wowwiki, Ensidia, almostgaming and pwnwear and other English forums/ websites but, as I can speak Chinese, I also look up Chinese WoW forums such as http://wow.178.com , http://duowan.com and http://gamebase.com.tw to understand my class better in more depth, as different countries have different strategies, understanding and knowledge of the game.

-I memorise and undertake whatever the raid leader says.

-I’m someone whos worth raiding with.
My OS gears
Is there anything else you would like to add? :
-My off-spec is Unholy DPS.
-4 Pieces of 264 gear set (With set bonus) with a piece of 264 shoulder (no set bonus). A 264 waist and trinket.
-Neck, Wrist and a ring is 251.
-277 ring and a 277Bryntroll.
-Hit rating 320
-expertise 48
-Spell hit rating 320
-Strength 2482
-I am willing to go frost as well ( but I have to re-gem everything), I have a 277 Bloodvenom and a 264 Frost Giant’s Cleaver.
-However, I will have to drop Mining and pick up Engineering (or Blacksmithing) if the Guild require me to re-roll as a dps. Engineering not only can improve dps through the enchant (haste increase) but also improve your raid utility (Run Speed inreases, it helps you to run away from Defile yay!)
-Blacksmithing has the flexibility to gem with the sockets. It gives the same amount of stamina bonus from mining (+60stam), however viewing from the aspect that a tank may require to DPS as well, blacksmithing (or Engineering) will be slightly better than Mining. (Mining has NO raid utility at all for DPS, other than survival ability.)

Comparing to other classes
-Different tanks have different abilities, strengths and weaknesses. For example, a DK Tank has an advantage in handling spell damage with its comparatively high avoidance and also spell interruption + absorption. However a Warrior Tank may be a better tank when the fight deals with more physical damage since DK tanks have low mitigation. DK tanks can also generate more TPS compared to other tanks.
-Different classes will be OP in different patches, and in the new expansion there are so many uncertainties, it is always better to have different tanks in the tank pool in order to improve the raid utility.
If I am an alliance…
-I will pick Night Elf if I am an alliance for its racial benefit.

I appreciate the time you have spent reading over my application.
Thanks,
Angrok
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App Empty Re: Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App

Post  Skitzone Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:30 pm

did this guy also paste u 5 copies of his app in an assortment of colours so it wouldn't hurt ur eyes?
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App Empty Re: Angrok - DK Tank (Blood) - Private App

Post  Kald Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:03 pm

ok yeah just delete my tl:dr post

It seems like he really really really wants to get in. I mean wtf https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img836/6807/bag2.jpg

He doesn't have much exp cause of...
I started WoW 4 months ago.
Total Time played: 42days 15hours 27minutes
seems a bit strange spending over 1/3 of every day for 4 months playing.

If that other Dk's gone may as well give this guy a go, seems pretty dedicated and confident in himself
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:08 am

yea, not a bad idea if he's geared etc etc

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:10 am

AND it is possibly the best app I've read in a long time, by far

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 am

been bugging me about his app a lot.
since we lost kivz cause he got hacked and then wanted to focus on rl more after he got his account back, should give this guy a go.
seems keen and it'd be a plus for us if he's good cause aurn and hax = Sad
that and just checked his armory looks like his offspec is now frost. backup for spl if he cant make it. just bring in another tank back in and he goes frost to give haste
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

I'm keen, however whats the go with dawson?

Also I feel that warriors / DK's are better on adds for threat because warriors have instant TC for instant threat pickup, and dk's seem to be powerhouses (esp if he goes unholy for those adds). I saw that kivz had no probs with healer aggro.

SO yeah I wouldn't mind Smile

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:15 pm

dawsons fine.
just needs to keep gearing up through 11/12
so far ive seen him perform pretty well for his gear so yeah.
idk about you guys, like what you think.
he's also keen to tank on his dk for cata.

anyways, this guy could work out well.
also prob gonna have to do the same for this guy, btw.
both could possibly take over for tanking on lk once they're geared. provided this guy is good.

but yeah idk about dawsons. havent seen much or theres nothing to really test him on i guess.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:24 pm

aight lets trial him then. Wouldn't be a bad idea to try and clear maybe 11/12 with dawsons and this guy just to see how they compare to hax/aurn.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down