Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raeny - app

2 posters

Go down

Raeny - app Empty Raeny - app

Post  Fozby Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Raeny
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Pogue Mahone (officer)/Proxy (casual)
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Raeny
Talent Spec: Combat 20/51/0
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec
I am currently using an eviscerate combat spec. The other PvE specs I could uuse are a rupture combat spec or mutilate spec (my current OS). The reason I use the eviscerate combat spec over these other 2 options is because I find it alot more versatile, rupture combat and mutilate prefer single target fights whereas Eviscerate combat spec favours any fight really. With my eviscerate spec I can give out burst damage where it's needed (e.g. valks on LK) whereas my damage would have to build up with the rupture spec. The eviscerate spec also allows me to FoK without worrying about SnD and rupture dropping off at the same time and not having enough energy to refresh them both asap, leading to a downtime in rupture, with evisc spec I can FoK and only have to worry about renewing SnD. Another reason why I prefer this spec is because I am currently running 1400 Armor penetration rating aka 100%. Eviscerate benefits off Arp whereas rupture does not. If I were to respec to the rupture spec I would take 3 points out of Improved Eviscerate and put them into Blood Splatter and Ruthlessness.
The combat tree of my spec is pretty self explanatory, there aren't a huge number of PvE choices, 1/2 Endurance is only used as a filler.

Glyphs
Glyph of Killing Spree. Killing Spree is a high burst damage cd. In conjunction with procs does amazing damage. The glyph allows me to use more Killing sprees per fight, this is especially handy during fights that last around 2m45s where i can fit in 3 killing sprees as opposed to one without glyph. Not only do I fit more in, but the reduced cd allows me to sync it better with some of my procs e.g. rs trinket. The only detrimental effect it has is probably unsyncing it with blade flurry cooldown as KS and BF have amazing synergy.
Glyph of Tricks of the Trade. Two piece t10 allows me to gain a dps boost by casting tricks of the trade on cooldown (assuming it doesn't cap my energy). If sharing tricks with another rogue, this generally nets in the largest dps increase, especially if used in conjunction with cooldowns. If otherwise used on another raid dps, it will also net a higher raid dps gain e.g. Hunter's serpent sting than any other personal rogue glyph. It's also a very versatile glyph for fights that tanks need burst threat on adds (e.g. raging spirits), longer tricks=more threat.
Glyph of Sinister Strike. The last glyph slot would be between Sinister strike or eviscerate. I picked Sinister strike because frankly I press it 2-3 times for every Eviscerate I press. The only detriment to this glyph is that it adds more RNG to my dps output. This is the glyph slot I would switch out for another glyph if needed.

Gems
I try to gem around my caps. As can be seen from my armory I have 1360 Armor pen, 385 hit, 26 expertise (134 rating).
I aim for 1360 Armor penetration because I eat Hearty Rhino during raids, which brings me up to 100% armor penetration.
Rogues have no real white swing hit cap. We have a Special cap of ~100, which should definitely be gotten and a poison hit cap of 237 with misery/ff which should also be attained for max dps. After these values there's no real defined hit that I must aim for (aiming for white hit cap would be a loss in dps due to sacrifice of other stats). I try to aim for a value between 320 and 400 hit rating, this is what i'm comfortable with really and it's just a preference. Each to their own. Having a chunk of hit for Hack and Slash doesn't hurt either, the more you hit the procs you get!
The expertise cap is 26 which I have gemmed to. With the talent "Surprised Attacks", it isn't really necessary to get expertise cap but as the majority of my damage is from white swings and the cap is easily reached, I think why not and again I've gemmed with what I feel comfortable with.
So I've come up with the gemming I have now, trying to hit as many socket bonuses as I deemed worthy of getting. The nightmare tear in the belt is to activate my meta (and yes it's in a blue socket not a prismatic socket).
You'll notice that my choice of professions (JC and BS) really aid in hitting the caps, as they give me leeway to choose which stats I want as opposed to other professions.

Enchants
None of the enchants I currently have are debateable, they have either a lesser version or no alternative version at all. Cat's Swiftness is the only exception to this statement.
The reason I have cat's swiftness on my boots is because combat rogues get no speed increase talents. Movement is key in most progression fights, it usually makes or breaks the outcome. One person moving too slowly can wipe a raid.
I see increased movement as both a defensive and offensive stat. On the one hand it helps you get out of bad stuff quick. On the other hand, if a boss is being moved constantly, the speed buff can help you move along with it, the faster you get to something the more time you have to dps it.

Gear, Race and Profession Choices
Okay so I've decided to explain some other things which you may ask in follow up questions to my application.
Ideally I am aiming for 4piece 277 tier as this nets the highest dps on single target fights and it also balances out my different caps. However the current setup I have minus boots, neck, trinket and weapon is pretty much BiS for switching fights. It gives me 2set bonus, exp cap and a huge chunk of hit.
Blood Elf is one of the weaker PvE races to choose for a rogue. I'll be honest here, this is one of my biggest raiding weaknesses/flaws I have on my rogue. I didn't choose Blood Elf for PvP, I chose it for pure aesthetics. I'd prefer not to race change, but for the sake of min-max I would if I really needed to. I'll admit I could do alot more with Bloodfury/zerking, especially if I used them at the appropriate times.
JC and BS unlike other professions give me a choice of which stats I want more of. This is what I found most attractive about these two professions. I'll understand if you want me to change to Engineering and will do it if needed so.

What makes you an exceptional player?
In WotLK I've experienced every role (melee dps, ranged dps, healing, tanking) as a main role in a high end raiding guild (though I guess that doesn't really make me exceptional in this guild). With every role I've played as mainspec, I've managed to adapt to it, research it to death and play it well enough to not be gkicked =P.
But seriously I've managed to adapt to each role I've been given ingame and inguild hierarchy (GM, officer, raid leader, recruitment officer). This is pretty much what I have to offer Proxy, my experience as nearly everything this game has to offer and ability to adapt to situations.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface in combat
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img827/2913/wowscrnshot091310210315.jpg

As you can see, the most noticeable thing in my screen is probably the Fortexorcist cooldown bar. Many people may find it hindering to have a somewhat insignificant addon taking up so much room on their screen. Knowing when the ICDs for my trinkets, ring procs is pretty vital in maximising my dps.
Maximising combat rogue dps is about handling your cooldowns properly. I try to time my cooldowns with my procs as often as I can, this is often why I analyse guild fights to see how long they go for, when lust is up etc. This gives me an indication of how many cooldowns I can use in a fight, when they'll come off cd in relation to my procs and lust, how many procs I should ideally get and of course praying I get the right dbw proc for certain cooldowns.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 5 years
What is your raid experience?
Vanilla
MC, BWL, AQ40 up to twins, Naxx up to 4hm
BC
Kara, Gruul, Mag(pre attune removal), SSC, TK(pre attune removal), MH, BT, SWP up to Muru (pre3.0)
WotLK
Sarth3d, GotUR + Algalon, 5/5 ToGC, 11/12H 25, 12/12 10H (On paladin)
All done when current content, aside from heroic anub.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Pogue Mahone. We've been farming 11/12 heroic ICC25 since May and we've hardly spent any time even attempting heroic lich king. We currently get 20 online for raids, 25 if we're lucky (Only on farm nights). Since becoming an officer, and maybe even before then I've realised how poor the other officers' attitudes are towards progression. Many times I've caught the same ranged officer tunneling e.g. on Saurfang instead of killing adds, when I ask in officer chat why he doesn't damage adds, I get responses such as "I dont care" or "Yeah, so what?". The other officers either sit out or bring their alts in and take gear for their offspec/alts over main spec raiders, the abuse of officer power in PM is unbelievable.
When I wasn't an officer, we'd wipe over and over to the same things, the officers wouldn't bother to ask why we wiped or call people out and we'd keep repeating the same boss over and over in silence, wiping to the same mechanics again and again.
Basically since Benjirofl left to Genesis, our guild has had no real leadership and even though I wasn't the biggest fan of him, he was a pretty amazing raid leader. Right now the officers don't care about progression, they are more intent on self preservation, gearing their toons up and the money that sits in our guild bank which isn't used for anything. Either way, whether I get accepted as a trial or not, I'll be leaving my current guild.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Elysium of Gundrak, which formed into Pogue Mahone.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Arthur
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, GMT+8
Regular play time:
My play time usually differs due to my uni timetable and the amount of uni work I have due, though I'm usually on for 4+ hours everyday.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
I've been doing icc25 with Rokki's pug on my rogue for months now. Since then I've become familiar with alot of your raiders. I get along with most of them pretty well and by attending I've gotten to know the culture of your guild a bit more. I've come to understand how important progression is to you guys (yeah they take it pretty serious even for their alts). Your raiders have the attitude that not even Pogue Mahone's officers have. This is the attitude I want to raid with going into Cataclysm. Also I seem to get along with your raiders alot more than my own guild.
How did you hear about us?
People I know in Proxy =D
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
Yes I am friends with quite a few people in Proxy, I won't list them out lol.
Can this person vouch for you?
I'm sure all of them can, but the best person to ask would be Geo, he's raided with me over the past year and a half and knows I can play nearly any class/spec well in a high competition raid environment.
Why should we accept you into Proxy?
Proxy is aiming to push for server firsts in Cata, this is the attitude I want to raid with, to push for server firsts. I'm probably not one of the 25 most skilled players on the realm but I'm pretty dedicated to progression and the guild I am in. As long as you guys bring that attitude into Cataclysm I'm going to return it in dedication. I believe dedication is the key, having 10/25 people who are willing to wipe over and over til they get a fight down is more useful than having 25 skilled players that cbf'd, don't attend and have little dedication.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad, 3326mb RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
Telstra, Bigpond ADSL 1500/256kbps
Do you disconnect often?
I do disconnect but not very often, no.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
No

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/53351/

You'll find my rogue's logs in the Saturday heroic icc25 column.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
I also have a fairly geared Prot Paladin that I am willing to play if you'd prefer me to play that over my rogue.
Note that although I have done most of my ICC progression on my paladin, all of my other WotLK progression was done on my rogue and I know how to play it equally if not better than my paladin.

Also I know that this question may be asked as it has to the KAOS applicants especially since Amuzed and Blake have both asked me to apply since day one.
Why didn't I apply when you guys were starting up? (i.e. when you didn't have Heroic LK down).
Since day one I've wanted to join Proxy on either of my toons because I get along with the raiders here moreso than I do in Pogue Mahone. I have about 5-8 players I really get along with in PM that share my views, people I actually enjoyed talking to during raids, but they're all deadly loyal to PM.

When Proxy formed I told most of them of my intention to leave and join Proxy that week. They all agreed that this was the best decision for me to make if I wanted to succeed in Cata. However many of our raiders are fearful that if I leave the guild will break up, not only because I play one of the main tanks and one of the main healers of PM, but I'm also the only officer that they think cares about the raiders of the guild.
Since then, each week I've had different people coax me into staying, either by staying another week to get them an achieve, certain loot or until they find another guild to go to. However, the guild is pretty dead right now and not even me staying and recruiting like a madman will prevent it from dying.
I've come to realise that Cata is only a few weeks away, and I really want a good progression to guild to raid with, a guild with the right attitude to progress. I couldn't stand being in a guild with the officers of Pogue Mahone, especially if it's only a 10man guild. I've been raiding with the core of PM for the last year and it isn't the easiest decision for me to choose to leave them and that's also been playing on my reluctance to apply to Proxy.

Also note that when I leave PM (and I will whether it be to Proxy or another server), you guys are probably going to get alot of applications from there. If you accept me, I don't mind helping you in sorting out good from bad =P.

p.s. Sorry for making you guys wait so long for this application, I hope it's not too late.

Thank you for reading my application

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Raeny - app Empty Re: Raeny - app

Post  Roidzz Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 am

Hmmm, would be good to have him for cata, esp if he wants to play his pally... how does he feel about playing holy pally instead? now that we need that

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum