Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bastion of Twilight - Captain Planet

2 posters

Go down

Bastion of Twilight - Captain Planet Empty Bastion of Twilight - Captain Planet

Post  Kald Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 am

yeah thats the name were calling him. earth...fire...wind...water...........NOHEARTWTF.

neways i forget the names of the individual guys but its easy enough to remember that each one is a different element; fire, frost, elemental, earth. and then captain planet.

the fight starts off with the fire and frost guys standing at the back of the room. when you get either one of them to 25% they both tag team the elemental and earth guys in. (So your only ever fighting 2 of them at once). When either of them gets to 25% they stun the raid, then the fire and frost guys come back out and they all merge into this big guy, and his health pool is the average of all of them.

abilities:

Fire: He will charge a random member that is a certain distance away and leave a trail of fire behind him. This fire doesnt deal much damage but is important for one of the frost guys abilities.

30seconds into the fight, and every 1minute from then on he will put a shield on himself (think twin valkir) and start channeling a raidwide aoe. you need to break the shield and interupt it asap.

nothing else worth noting really

Frost: He casts an aoe frost explosion thing that deals less damage the further you are away (same animation as sindragosas frost explosion), this is really easy to handle and you only need to worry about it if your a melee or the frost tank.

he will occasionally throw snowballs out like the goo explosion on rotface, they deal minimal damage but leave a frost debuff that like slows you and i think deals damage. anyway that debuff lasts 1min but you can clear it by stepping into the fire and getting out quickly.

also if you get hit by a snowball i think you randomly get a magic debuff (i didnt get it every time i got hit) that i think gives a damage buff to anyone around you or something iunno. its not really worth it imo so just dispel it if you can.

He will cast a frostbolt spell that deals a fkload of direct damage so it needs to be interupted every time. usually hax was able to solo interupt but needed backup from time2time.

Elemantal: He and the earth guy rotate using raidwide aoe 1shot abilities every 1min or so, but you are immune to this ability if you gain a certain buff relevent to the opposite one. basically when its the earth guys turn to cast his aoe everyone needs to have the elemental buff (1-2 tornados floating around you need to run into) which levitates you and i guess makes you immune to the earthquake (one attempt i didnt get the tornado in time so i jumped when he cast it and i didnt take any damage, so i guess that can work too but just get the tornado in case).

He will put an arrow above a random persons head and they need to get away from the entire raid, because in like 15sec or something he will do a chain lighting that deals more damage per jump...etc thorim.

summons tornados for the thing see above.

I think he also has a lightning bolt that needs to be interupted, and same deal hax was able to get most of them.

He also blinks like to the other side of the room and starts casting the lighting bolt, im not sure how they handled it after i left but hax was able to leap and charge to get the interupt in time.

Earth: summons grounding things which are to counder the elemental ones aoe 1shot. hard to describe them but they are pretty obvious to see, i guess its like when you right click to move on warcraft 3 but instead of being green its like earth.

dont know much about his abilites since i was on the ele guy but didnt seem like much worth noting.

The merged guy pmuch spams aoe so you need to kill him before he kills u.

Strat:
Phase 1
keeping along the lines of 10man i guess we will have everyone on the Frost guy for the first 30seconds, then switch to fire to break the shield, then back onto frost until he hits ~30%. then everyone on fire and when it gets close to 30 have a few ppl swap back to frost. If you get hit by a snowball jump in the fire then back out. and make sure you avoid the aoe frost explosion. Help interupt frost when possible.

Phase 2
Even deeps on both targets (probably ranged on elemental melee on earth) make sure you have the right buff so you dont get 1shot, and if you get an arrow above your head GTFO. Help interupt elemental when possible.

Phase 3
Go hard and kill him before he kills us.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Bastion of Twilight - Captain Planet Empty Re: Bastion of Twilight - Captain Planet

Post  Fozby Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:03 am

Kald wrote:Frost: He casts an aoe frost explosion thing that deals less damage the further you are away (same animation as sindragosas frost explosion), this is really easy to handle and you only need to worry about it if your a melee or the frost tank.

he will occasionally throw snowballs out like the goo explosion on rotface, they deal minimal damage but leave a frost debuff that like slows you and i think deals damage. anyway that debuff lasts 1min but you can clear it by stepping into the fire and getting out quickly.

also if you get hit by a snowball i think you randomly get a magic debuff (i didnt get it every time i got hit) that i think gives a damage buff to anyone around you or something iunno. its not really worth it imo so just dispel it if you can.

He will cast a frostbolt spell that deals a fkload of direct damage so it needs to be interupted every time. usually hax was able to solo interupt but needed backup from time2time.

The snowball debuff is Waterlogged, if you have Waterlogged when he finishes casting Glaciate you will be frozen(Hodir freeze)->dead

So you have to clear it by running into the fire before Glaciate(pref asap), it's pretty easy if you run straight through the fire(and probably try and stick close to the fire if you're ranged to make it easier)

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum