Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App

4 posters

Go down

Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App Empty Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App

Post  emosaur~ Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:21 am

I'm not yet finished with this expansion and I'm dissatisfied that supposed guild'mates' are not attending/playing like they are.

Player Information
Character Name: Vixs
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Pogue Mahone
Armory Link: Vixs - Fury Warrior
Talent Spec: Fury

Talents: 18/53 Fury spec
Notable talent decisions:
Heroic Fury - Very useful through ICC. Usually I pop heroic fury as soon as I've intercepted so that intercept is available at any time.

2/5 Commanding Presence - I have put 3 points in Imp Cleave over maxing out Commanding Presence. This means I lose 338 hp before buffs to
my commanding shout. In current content more cleave damage is usually more beneficial than an extra ~400hp, but maybe classes that don’t have 50k hp buffed as a dps in ICC feel differently. I have never been asked to drop imp cleave for commanding presence.

Improved Rend - Although not a part of my normal dps sequence, there are occasions where I do rend. Examples would be PP before transition, BQ before air phase. Basically if I have my abilities on cooldown and they won't be up before boss goes over into next phase/transition I will take the time to rend. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I've taken a hit from a boss and gone 'shit I wish I had 2% more parry'.

Glyphs: Majors – Heroic Strike, Whirlwind and Cleaving
These are the current highest dps fury glyphs. Heroic Strike and Whirlwind glyphs improve two of the most used abilities for a dps warrior in a useful manner.

Fights with a pro-longed execute phase and no adds may benefit from Glyph of Execution over Cleaving, but as it stands execute is used so infrequently that this difference is extremely minor. The only time execute gets used even in execute phase is once, possibly twice per 8 seconds, and only if I don’t have bloodsurge procs to use, shouts to refresh, sunders to maintain etc. I don’t get a lot of play out of this ability.

Minors – Command, Battle, Bloodrage
No dps relevant minors for warriors. Just convenience glyphs

Enchants:
There isn’t a lot of wiggle room for warriors. I am an engineer so I use nitro boots over runspeed and hyperspeed accelerators over AP or Hit. Gloves is the only slot really open to change depending on gear, and with engi enchant that’s a no-brainer. Berserking on weapons is also the way to go. 23 haste to cloak is a few more dps than the Flexweave Underlay, however the situational use of the parachute is worthwhile.

Gems: I’m easily ArP hardcapped so I have the flexibility of gems to meet all my yellow socket bonuses. It’s still not worth meeting blues except one with a nightmare tear.

Professions: I’m JC/Engineering for raiding bonuses and practical uses as well. Engi provides me with haste glove enchant that syncs up with my trinket/ring/damage cooldowns, rocket boots and grenades every 60sec. I was JC/BS until very recently, and while dropping any maxed profession with time invested on plans etc is hard, I wish I’d been an engineer all along now!

Combat UI:
Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App Vixsui.th

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?
I started playing WoW about June 2005. I levelled to 60 and raided as a hunter in a pretty mediocre raiding guild. I have been playing Warriors since vanilla, this particular warrior was a fresh re-roll that I started in about November 2008.

What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO?
Current: 11/12 HM ICC 10 and 25 man. Attendance has stopped any Bane of the Fallen Kings runs (in Pogue Mahone the culture has been 'I've got it so fuck you guys.') and I have experience with H LK 25 up to the end of the first Valkyr phase consistently.

Vanilla
-MC Clear
-BWL to Broodlord
-AQ40 to Fankriss
-No Naxx experience at 60, quit around AQ time to focus on final year of school.

BC
I was a very late starter, rolled a new warrior about the time that T5
was current content so it took a while to level and gear up.
-Kara Clear
-Gruul’s Lair Clear
-Magtheridon Clear
-SSC up to Vashj
-Limited TK experience
-No T6+ kills, had an opportunity to go snowboarding for 4 months and
party so that trumped WoW.

WotLK
Late starter again, started my warrior in November 08, hit 80 around
new years and started raiding mid-January.
-Naxx 25 Clear
-OS3D 25 Clear
-EoE 25 Clear
-Uld 25 I started late, about June/July, haven’t killed Yogg or
Algalon in 25 man as ToC arrived and attendance once again became the
problem.
-ToC 25 Clear
-ToGC 5/5 with Mad Skill, 4/5 when current.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
Being at the cutting edge is the only way to keep a full roster. I am tired of attendance being a much bigger boss than the encounter itself. I am eager to finish this expansion, however the bosses that we’re faced with require more than 12 other like-minded raiders. We are now at the point where our only holy pally has just quit. It's a tough call to make and a shame for me as I'm currently working on Shadowmourne (11/50 shards), but I already accepted that people wouldn't attend 4 nights and accepted a 3 night raiding routine months ago - if 3 nights with reasonable consistency is too hard for people they shouldn't be in a raiding guild.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
No other guilds on Barthilas. I was a Barthilas original character, my warrior was called Raging and I levelled and started raiding with Dominion, before leaving and playing with No Dice. I haven’t even looked at the progression of other guilds as I have honestly had no interest in changing guilds. I was in <Unrated> on Nagrand from early 2010 prior to transferring to Barthilas.

Personal Facts
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): QLD, Australia GMT +10

Regular play time:
I often play an hour or so in the morning, doing transmutes and auctions etc. Of a night time every night except Friday/Saturday night I would play from ~5pm – 11:30pm. If I’m busy with work I may not make it on until right before raid time, but I am always stocked up and ready to raid when I log out, and I can always let people know.

I generally don’t play Friday and Saturday nights, that’s girlfriend and party time. My partner doesn’t ask for much except that I spend a bit of time with her on weekends. If we are working on an important kill or circumstances demand it I can raid friday nights as well. It just makes me unpopular. Note: My girlfriend isn't one of those crazy bitch WoW girlfriends that delete your characters and pull your router cables out. If I want to play I play.

I do play the game for fun, however, so I’m not just a raid logger.

Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days):
Yes. There are occasions where on a Sunday or Monday night I can’t make it on until 7 or so – family business is a restaurant so it’s pretty tough to escape a quick dinner with my old man after work every now and then. It’s not a regular thing though, and if it’s a real problem I can always say no.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
I have spent my entire WoW career trying to find a raiding guild that is full of good quality gamers that want to make the most of their raiding time. I don’t want an AFK after every boss, I want to keep moving. If we’re waiting on 1 or 2 late members I want to get started not run circles around Dalaran. My time is precious, I want to get on WoW, work on my nerd points, kill some dragons, log off, have some sex and go to sleep.

In the near future the big shift towards guild based earning and rewards has also made me re-evaluate the kind of players I'm willing to associate with. If my guild mates actions are going to impact me in ways other than reputation, however, I want to be a part of the best guild I can. Active, multi-skilled, dedicated people are what guilds will need in Cataclysm and I fit that mold. Most of your members would too.
How did you hear about us?
Friends, guild members.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy?
No raider ranks, I’m not well established on Barth as I don’t pug much anymore. Many people seem to have their alts in the guild however - Elusions, Raeny etc.
Can this person vouch for you?
I'd say so, but again they aren't raiders.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo?
Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed?
Yes. I want to actually speak to the people I raid with.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
Vista 32bit 4GB RAM, 2.8GHz Dual Core Intel, ATI 5870 graphics card. Due for a rebuild in the next few months but it’s very much adequate for WoW.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection?
OnTheNet, a Gold Coast ISP. The blokes that created and run WoW Tunnels work in tech support there so I can usually get WoW related net problems resolved quickly.
Do you disconnect often?
No. I do sometimes dc on huge whelp packs like Ony/Sindy (I hope they’ve learnt their lesson about creating those packs by now, ugh) but as far as actual mid-fight dc’s, no. Usually if I disable recount and omen before those fights I’m ok.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc?
Yes. WoWTunnels gives me about 200ms. Best I can hope for.

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
Due to the appalling quality of our raids recently there aren't really many parses worth a shit to look at. We have had undergeared alt tanks, not enough healers, shitty overall raid dps, shamans that refuse to bloodlust when yelled at, whispered to and spammed in raid chat. You name it. What you want to look at is up to you and not me however so you can find our logs at Pogue Mahone - WoL. The last raids of any decent quality ended at least 3/4 weeks ago.

With all of those questions answered, I'd like to mentioned that leaving my guild is a tough decision I have had to make. I have been happy there and really wanted to see out the expansion with the same guild, but as weeks go by and good raiders leave and go unreplaced, or replaced by people of much lesser ability, it gets tough to turn up knowing few others can be bothered. The attitude of officers has been appalling throughout it all, with some now being the worst culprits.

Over the last few weeks I made the decision that I want to progress, not play World of Attendance-craft 3 nights a week.

It does irk me that there are many fucking terribles running around with SM and using their only heroic token for their shoulders, and I don’t have one, but I am secure in my belief that I am a good dps warrior that maxes my character in every way I can. I can’t grow another 39 shards out of my ass, but I will continue to do my best in
all other ways.

I am aware that sitting out a good bit is a likelihood and a part of life in a raiding guild. I am also aware that you are currently running a few dps warriors, but I am capable and willing to try and earn my spot.

I also have a Prot/Ret Paladin alt, Feral Druid alt, Blood Tank/Frost DPS DK alt and working on a Shaman when I get the time. I have all the professions I need covered between them for convenience. (BS/JC/Engi/Inscription/Alchemy/Herbing/Mining)

I hope I've covered everything, it's tough to edit and review within a message box
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App Empty Re: Vixs - Fury Warrior - Private App

Post  Roidzz Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 am

Great app, but I think we probs have to turn him down.

Hax, throm, grandil and myself is probably all the warriors we need... esp if kald is gona be on thugz for the xpac

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:04 am

It's nice to see someone put so much effort into an app, shame we might have to turn him down.

Ellypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:48 am

well me playing thugz is a big maybe, like I'm definatly leveling kald first.

Probs do 10s with him till the guild settles into the xpack and see what I can do from there.

As for this guy he looks amazing, should find out if he has any alts that he would be keen to join on since we are pretty full on warriors.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 am

I also have a Prot/Ret Paladin alt, Feral Druid alt, Blood Tank/Frost DPS DK alt and working on a Shaman when I get the time.

Problem is we've already got PLENTY of people playin every class, so an app really has to stand out and perform while on trial to even stand a chance.

It's going to be a big gamble asking someone we don't even know can play their main as well as they fill out the app to play an alt better than people that have been playing that class for a while :S

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:34 am

not rly a gamble since we can just fail his trial if he's shit.

The tough question would be what toon if we decided to take him.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down