Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

** IMPORTANT ** HOW TO POST A GOOD APP

Go down

** IMPORTANT ** HOW TO POST A GOOD APP Empty ** IMPORTANT ** HOW TO POST A GOOD APP

Post  emosaur~ Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Below is a mock application to show new applicants on what kind of answers we expect. This is of course just the bare minimum to the questions given. More detail in all areas of the app is encouraged and will help you a lot.

Player Information
Character Name: Emosaur
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Noctis Erus
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Emosaur
Talent Spec: Restoration - 0/13/58
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: My current spec is the cookie cutter spec with minor alterations. I have picked up improved ankh for progression. Normally, I would put 3/3 points Healing Grace and 2/5 in Tidal Focus. Or I would possibly put all of them to get 5/5 Tidal Focus as healing aggro isn't that big of an issue atm.
Glyphs: My glyphs are also quite standard. Chain heal is self explanatory same with ES glyph. The LHW glyph is interchangeable with HST for AoE heavy fights. Glyph of Riptide is also useful, again, situational and dependent on the fight.
Gemming: Currently, I am gemming for pure haste to lower the cast time of my chain heal. That's pretty much the way to go for resto shamans. Optionally, some shamans choose to hit ~1200 haste and then gem for SP and some crit if they're lacking. That's a decent approach but I still find having a quicker chain heal and in some cases, a healing wave is a lot better.
What makes you an exceptional player?: I've had a lot of experience now in leadership and leading raids which has made me quite aware of myself and others. I have strong knowledge in my own class but have also knowledge in playing a rogue as I used to play a rogue. On top of this, I have now cleared all the content in the game, making me definitely an asset and not a liability. All these qualities along with my strong attendance and communication in fights where/when required set me out from the pack.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, flickr, imageshack, tinypic): https://2img.net/h/i4.photobucket.com/albums/y130/willzay/WoWScrnShot_063010_193507.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I've been playing for about 4-5 years now.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
Pre-BC
- ZG
- MC
- BWL
- AQ20
- AQ40
- Only killed Razuvious in Naxxramas

BC
- Karazhan
- Gruul's
- Magtheridon
- SSC
- TK
- Hyjal
- Illidan
- Up to M'uru before 3.0, lots of attempts on him, 70% in P2 - Entropius. M'uru + KJ kill after 3.0.

WOTLK
- Naxx 10/25. Undying in 10
- Sarth 10/25. Both with 3D
- Eye of Eternity
- Uld. All HMs done except Yogg 0
- ToGC 10/25. Also have Grand Crusader
- 12/12 HM ICC 10/25
- HM Ruby Sanctum 10/25

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I left my last guild (The Rising Shadow, Silver Hand) because I didn't like the attitude of the new raiders and the raiding quality was dropping. They also tolerated a lot of bad players. I was also raiding American times and it was taking quite a toll on me as I live in Australia.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?The Rising Shadow on Silver Hand during BC.
Intolernace on Blackrock for a little bit of WOTLK.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Will
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, NSW, GMT+10
Regular play time: Can play daily after uni and uni homework is complete. Other commitments sometimes interfere but generally on often or can be contacted to get on.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-10:30pm ST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes. May be a little late (15mins) on Thursdays and Mondays due to real life commitments.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I believe Proxy is the guild for me. I want to join a serious guild and experience a higher level of raiding content.
How did you hear about us? Friends and browsing oceanic guilds.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) Fozby
Can this person vouch for you? Idk, I hate him.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Q6600 Quad Core, 4gb RAM, 9800 GTX+ 1MB
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? TPG. ADSL2+, 200gb a month
Do you disconnect often? Not really but TPG is pretty shit.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Lowerping

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down