Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Criteria to pass trial?

Go down

Criteria to pass trial? Empty Criteria to pass trial?

Post  emosaur~ Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:09 pm

I went over this briefly in that document I sent out just before we decided we would all merge.

Pretty much, I just kind of want something to base a trial off of.

In the document I said that the trial period would go for 2 weeks period. An extra week if the app shows some sign of potential or has had their ups and downs, so another week of assessment could see if they'd fit in and we could guide them.

So the criteria we could probably apply to each role would be:

DPS:
- A DPS benchmark they have to hit on Saurfang
- Good awareness, so we'll be looking at hits by malleable goo in all of plague wing, hits by ghosts on LDW (the ghosts explode if they melee their target)
- Attendance
- Consumables they use (double potting, the right consumable eg. potion of wild magic on a caster if they are haste capped, making potion of speed useless)

Tank:
- Threat
- Awareness (quick taunts, knows when to move, etc)
- Takes initiative (anticipating boss abilities, giving fair warning for taunts, vocal about cooldowns)
- Attendance

Healer:
- Attendance
- Uses mana potion; this is pretty big since I've seen healers not use a mana potion but beg for innervates. There's lots of logs/guilds out there where the healers rely on gaining mana in their own ways and innervates are going to mages
- Awareness
- Good spell choice; this links in with awareness. I've seen healers forget to heal themselves, that's pretty much the big thing about being a healer, you gotta be alive. That and some healers are unable to assess a situation and continue tunneling to pad the meters. eg. I've seen a shaman continue chain healing the raid when it was pretty much topped up while 3 possible/assigned tank healers (x2 paladin + x1 shaman at the time) were unchained on Sindragosa.

Just a general guide that I thought we could kinda look at when choosing people. Basically all things we look out for but I guess when it comes up to the 2 week point, we can pool together all the information we know on the person and make a decision then and there.
Foz stalks WoL pretty hard and I've come to see a lot of personal and minor fuckups from people while leading. So we usually can gauge someone pretty accurately from this.

That and I want something sort of concrete because in Noctis, we used to have lots of people on trial for a very long time just because they show up and we needed the bodies to raid. Basically, there was no one else. I don't think that will be the case here in the new guild, so getting a quick decision should benefit us cause we're not holding baddies in the guild. It usually turns off possible applicants if they hear that we have x amount of people playing x class in our raids.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down