Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

@officers accepting trials

+3
Roidzz
Kald
emosaur~
7 posters

Go down

@officers accepting trials Empty @officers accepting trials

Post  emosaur~ Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:17 pm

can we fucking say something before we accept someone? or have some discussion?

i posted pistons private app and the following happened:
- kald said looks good, maybe give him a go.
- tofu said he looks good. but we will be getting dloc back.
- skitz said "+1"
- ????
- trial status and raiding

who accepted and why?

sick of these bullshit bandaid fixes. just cause we need rogues doesnt mean we go around picking up everyone then having a bench full of shit.
whats the point of picking up people when we have enough?
we have three (3) rogues: picto, dloc, reccas. dloc just came back this week and got saved to icc for some unknown reason but should be good to go for this coming wed. with piston thats 4 and chances are you guys will let 1 in. 2 max.

same case with that private paladin app.
trakor and tofu just had bad weeks and couldnt show up.
bandaid fix is to throw more ret paladins at the raid and not making use of our bench
shadowmourne =/= amazing.
and the thing that will happen is you guys think shadowmourne is great and sit out another melee.
then you'll be like "oh fuck man we need more of that class, we dont have any in the raid."
news flash mother fuckers, they're on the bench.

which pretty much brings up my point of this post: why?
i see a fuck tonne of melee we dont use.
grandil sits out a lot, throm sits out a lot, badnewsbear sits out a lot, picto will be sitting out a lot soon cause you guys are happy with reccas
as for ranged:
alistia, zuzua, hchl, elzilcho all have to swap in and out.
rezzlin, chiv, townley, inde are all after 1-2 lock spots too. so same situation as mages
chrondor/rokki are on sit out cause we use 2 hunters.

so why the fuck are we getting more people if we arent even making use of our bench?

pretty much any raid is viable after all buffs are considered. so just nfi why we are taking so much shit when we've already got people on bench we arent making use of and havent bothered to sort out.

what we have now showing up to raids in terms of g1-5 and then the bench is sufficient enough to raid all content atm.
lets try and sort it out and get more rotations going if we're lacking a certain role or class.
and can we please put some discussion into accepting people not just randomly thinking that we need more of a class and saying yes.
yeah recruiting is nice but not when we've already got a healthy raid and people to use.

wake the fuck up.

end rant.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

@officers accepting trials Empty Re: @officers accepting trials

Post  Kald Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm

Yeah I was pretty surprised after the 3-4 ppl got accepted and I didn't hear anything about it. We really need to pick a day or something where we all go on vent, talk about what we need and what current applications we have, plus players on trial status and how they are going.

ATM we dont really need anything besides possibly another priest healer to replace bannanas and maybe another rsham (dno).

In terms of players performance most of the fail has been peoples internet connections, with the occasional tunnelvision/brain fart, can't really expect ppl to play at 100% all the time (point being we don't really have the need to sub ppl out for being bad, and if we do eg. Throm pulling aggro on LK within 2 seconds of the fight starting, we don't need 7 ppl on the bench to cater for it).
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 pm

I think we just need a good unholy DK now that fuls is gone

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:01 am

emosaur~ wrote:
who accepted and why?
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:50 am

I accepted him.

1. NONE of our rogues have proven to me that their min/max'in
2. Atm a trial is a trial? who gives a fuck if we leave him on the bench for 2-3 weeks?
3. Puts players on their toes when they DO finally get a chance to prove themselves, tight raid spots, more competition.
4. We have been raiding with 1 rogue since the merge until maybe last week?!? did we start gettin dloc/reccas.
5. 2 Rogue spots maybe 3, doesn't hurt to review all 4 and once we know whos optimal the others can get fucked?

on a side note I probably shouldn't have acepted him without a officer discussion. but ^ aswell as 2-3 officers fairly happy with the app was enough for me. We are leaving some apps un-attended for ~2weeks. Knowing this I kno we're not desperate for any people, but its not hurting us in the long run. If your amazing, you'll get a raid spot. If your shit ....
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:33 pm

If you read the date I posted my info before the recass guy and I would have said take reccas but the other point is I said we have another rogue coming back etc. What we did in noctis or what I did was ask will/foz the apps every Tuesday and accept/decline then.

Edit: for to mention this but yea we should meet or 2-3 at least should meet on vent every Tuesday and figure this out I didnt know about half the new apps being accepted etc
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kald Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 pm

what about the blacks? blackqt and blacklol

they look good, but we dont really have room for another hunter or rogue. I just declined the other 2 bad rogue apps.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down

Post  Ellypse Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:15 pm

Let me start by saying that yes we should talk about apps together.

Now that shits done, personally I think we should be accepting anyone who looks good. I'm not saying to accept mediocre or undergeared players, but if they have 11/12 HM + attempts on H LK, I'm inclined to give them a shot. Not only because they could be a good player, but also because who knows what the fuck is going to happen in Cataclysm. People could quit, go casual, decide to do 10mans, find another guild for the new expansion, etc.

I would rather have 40-50 people ready to go at level 85 a week after expansion hits and have to sit people then have 15 people and a bunch of semi-casuals.

Ellypse

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:19 pm

I agree with Ellypse here.

I don't think most ppl mind being sat during farm anymore anyway.

Secondly the initial tier of raiding in Catalcysm is going to be a breeze like Naxx was so the race is going to be to get to 85 first. If we have a good solid core backed up by another 15 - 20 players, even if people fail to make our first raid cut / level slowly then we have good people that are hopefully going to be hardcore enough to make the first raid (be 85, prepare pots / flasks / end game craftables etc).

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:49 pm

i count 11 pending apps(private+public) Sad

11/12 apps:
Degenerate(warlock)
Leetbix(warlock)
Blackqt(rogue)
Blacklol(hunter)
*Angrok(dk tank)
Aarknrak(ret pally)
*Ryxxi(frost dk) - 12/12

* means spec/class i think we'd actually benefit from, rather than just boosting numbers for bench. Something else to think about for when/if rs25hm and lk25hm are both proper farm status would be to get a 2nd run going taking alts from the friday/saturday runs + bench, prioritising trials, raiders, etc over alts

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down