Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Disc/Holy Priest

+2
Tiger
banannas
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Disc/Holy Priest Empty [Accepted]Disc/Holy Priest

Post  banannas Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 am

Player Information
Character Name: Banannas
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: On the Dyno
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Banannas
Talent Spec: 57/14/0
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: ** REQUIRED **
Typical cookie cutter Disc build with the optional 9 talent points.
Given a choice between Spell Warding, Improved Renew, Healing Focus, Divine Fury, Desperate Prayer, and Inspiration I chose to take Spell Warding for the damage reduction which I find quite important for Heroic raids.
I also take Inspiration as 10% reduction in physical damage is self explanatory. [I have a grid corner dedicated to seeing who has inspiration on them].
The last point was between Healing Focus and Desperate Prayer and although I hardly ever find a need for Desperate Prayer I do enjoy the peace of mind of having it there.

Glyph Choices
* [Glyph of Penance] - With Aspiration it brings my penance down to a 8second cooldown from 12.
* [Glyph of Power Word: Shield] - The extra bonus heal + a chance to proc divine aegis
* [Glyph of Flash Heal] - Between this and POH glyph I find I use flash heal more than POH so the choice was obvious.

Gemming is typical of most Disc priests with 23sp in all slots except for the head gem since a bonus of 9sp for matching sockets makes up for the loss of 2sp.

Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, imageshack, tinypic): ** REQUIRED **
https://2img.net/h/i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af286/riceing/WoWScrnShot_083110_150215.jpg
I admit there are a handful of spells I click but are only spells that I hardly ever use in combat and if I needed won't affect me in any serious way:
Resurrection
60 minute buffs [30 minute buffs are binded]
Fear Ward
Inner Fire

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? 4 years on and off
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
Played through Vanilla completing MC + Onyxia + BWL
Came back in 3.0 with a hunter named Chickun than later with a restoration shaman named Finx.
Cleared 11/12 HM 10 and 25 ICC with my now disc priest.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Great guys but I want to have some serious attempts on H LK before the expansion comes to a close.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
None

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Eric
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Melbourne GMT 10
Regular play time: 5pm - late
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yep

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? Fantastic looking guild who looks promising to down H LK anytime now and I definitely would want to be part of that.
How did you hear about us? Word of mouth really
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) None yet
Can this person vouch for you?
If a vouch is needed feel free to contact any of the officers in On the Dyno and I am sure you'll get what you want.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
E8400 3.00GHZ
4GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Optusnet ADSL2+ - get about 5000kbps
Do you disconnect often? Nope
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Using Battleping at the moment.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:
None sorry, I do find they are easily skewed to favor a healer when attempted.
If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.
Can't get one of these since I am saved to all raids at the moment. Will get one asap if really required..

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
I find that I am quite a competent disc priest and any questions regarding my spec/glyph/enchants/gems I will do my best to answer. I also prefer Holy to Disc but since I've raided through ICC as a disc 99% of the time I do feel stronger playing Disc.

In regards to my haste being way over than than the recommended 11% I find having the extra haste allows me to transition easier to a backup tank healer role when paladins are moving from defiles, swarming shadows etc. I also understand the criticism behind this but as far as the healing group I am in now this is optimal and well aware that this may change if I start with a new heal group.

I am very familiar with H LK on 10 man and our group has reached P3 consistently but yet to down him unfortunately. Not quite as familiar with the 25 man heroic version however and have had no serious attempts on it as yet.

I also hate Trauma but as far as spellpower stacking goes this is the best I have gotten.

banannas

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Disc/Holy Priest Empty Re: [Accepted]Disc/Holy Priest

Post  Tiger Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:36 am

Pretty good app, but do note that we have two active priests for LK already so raid spots might be a bit competitive. (although if you ask me they're both fgts so all g)

random - if you type /sbc you can hide those icons below your minimap
Tiger
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiakte Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 am

You've broken my heart Bendher Sad

In other news: decent app. The fact that you're using Trauma makes me want to strangle a puppy but sometimes you have bad luck on loot I guess.

Do you find that you're having mana issues on many 25man fights? You could be geared slightly more towards throughput if you wanted & you really shouldn't be having mana issues on anything in ICC25 with your level of gear.
Chiakte
Chiakte

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinori Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:51 am

competition is good.

Good app, gl
Tinori
Tinori

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 am

Good app, we were actually looking for another disc / holy priest so you have a good chance.

You will however see a bit of bench time though, are you okay with this?

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  banannas Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 am

@ bendher: Yeah I was well aware you guys had full time priests in the raid and by all means I wasn't expecting a immediate perm raid slot. I am more then happy to work my way up and seeing only farm content until then.

@ chiakte: Mana issues is a bit situational. I do get alot of support from our 2 moonkins who feed me innervates for some of the fights. The only way I could push throughput even more would be swapping Solace for a PLD giving me 20 or so extra sp. Otherwise I do think I am aiming for high throughput over mana regen however this could change with a different raid setup.

@ Roidzz: As I said above I don't mind getting benched but appreciate the chance to prove myself to the guild at some point.

banannas

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:24 am

Going to give you a shot Smile, Come find an officer ingame.

Accepted.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down