Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman

5 posters

Go down

[Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman Empty [Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman

Post  billwiz29 Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Mánipûlátion
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Tru Stori
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/m%c3%a1nip%c3%bbl%c3%a1tion/simple
Talent Spec: Enhancement - 7/34/0

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: I find my Spec to be Fairly averge, I've put only one point into 'Static Shock' so I could continue to spec down the tree, and never filled out the talent because i find it difficult to keep 'Lightning Sheild' on me, even with the Glyph.
Glyphs: My Glyph combination is best chosen to suit my game style, I choose 'Glyph of Shocking' to Reduce the Global Cooldown by 1 second after i cast a shock spell, this is because i find all my main used spells come of C/D at the same time, and having that Glyph always me to get through my Main attack spells, while allowing me to cast a shock inbetween without interfering with my rotations, also allowing me to cast it when ever its up and not effecting anything else.
Gemming: My gems arent the best atm and Im waiting on getting slightly better gear before hunting for those perfect gems.
Reforging: Currently I have been Reforging Mastery Rating out of my Gear because I was uncertain about some of the spells and effects i can give myself, but I've been contacting Blizzard about some of the spells enhancement shamans have, such as when i use 'Unleash Elements' when i have 'Flametongue Weapon' on i get a proc that causes my fire attacks to do 20% more damage, but im just Wondering why that Proc doesnt work with 'Lava Lash' and I've been trying to get hold of Blizzard to find out why that is. I've also contacted them asking if 'Lava Lash' actually does Fire Damage, and if 'Stormstrike' does Nature Damage, Blizzard has comfirmed for me that they have, which makes me realise Mastery rating on an Enhancement Shaman isnt as useless as i had first thought.
Enchants: My Current enchants arent aimed at anything specific and i've only got what i can from a friend leveling his enchanting, they all suit my build, but they can be better.
What makes you an exceptional player?: My Awareness, Im finding people dont pay attention during Encounters, Im finding people not watching Adds, not moving from AoE ground effects, Tanks not moving Boss's out of their buffs, General little things, and even when its not my job to notice stuff, im noticing it when im not ment to be, while dodging everything and up-holding a high damage output. I also learn incredibly fast, i can go into a boss fight and wipe 2 or 3 times without knowing anything about it and down him fast because i learn from mistakes, and general problems. Another thing that makes me exceptional compared to others is that i believe i can always improve on what im doing, im open to suggestions and im not one of those people that think they're god at everything, unlike a friend of mine.
screenshot of your current interface: https://s1100.photobucket.com/albums/g404/ManipulationWoW/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_011011_182721.jpg
That is my Currect UI, i use the Action bar 2 aswell as 1 and simple Shift + 1 or 2 between them when needed. Im looking into getting a new UI as this isnt working as well as i play. A friend told me about TukUI, so i might be looking into that. im Very interested in Suggestions anyone may have.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I Played about 1 and a half ago, before i quit. I've been playing now for about
What raid experience do you have in WoW? Before i Quit, I covered all of 10man Kara on my DK. While i wasnt playing i think i was hacked and my DK got deleted, so you'll have to trust me on that one. XD. Since i've been back and made a Shaman i've Down 10man ICC (some heroic), 3D sarth several times and 10man EoE, thats all i can remember at the moment and i dont count old content 'fun' runs as raiding, but i did most of the older stuff aswell. Currently i've Downed only Magmaw, but know nearly all the fights just reading up on the and watching some guides. They all seem simple, just common sense, which is all Encounts in my opinion.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I Considering leave my Current Guild because they've set up raid times and everything like a normal raid but no one shows up on time and its annoying have to pug about 6 people for a 'guild' raid.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): William
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia (UTC+08:00) Perth.
Regular play time: Almost as much as i can, given i have a reason to play, and raiding is more then enough of a reason to hope on.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-10:30pm ST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes, i believe so.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? Have the Experience to clear new content, and that struggle with low gear instead of waiting a month or two when everyone is geared and being almost carried, i dislike carries.
How did you hear about us? In-game play, i've also raided with a member of yours 'Neroveus' (i think thats spell correctly), Downed Magmaw, 10man Sindragosa, and 10man Lich King (actually 9man'd the LK, as a pug jumped of the edge at the start of the fight).
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No.
Can this person vouch for you? Im not sure, Neroveus might be able to, if he remembers me.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 6GB G-skill RAM, i7 930 3.4GHz, Radeon Toxic 1G.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra, ADLS 2+, 50gb a month
Do you disconnect often? Rarely, Telstra is pretty dodgy thought.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No.

Thanks, If i do get Declined, any feedback about what i can do to improve is alot of help, because like i said im looking to improve and no one is at the top of there game.

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: [Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman

Post  Rainy Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:27 pm

You live in Perth. Raids start at 3.30pm our time.
You are 16 so therefore I assume you still attend school. What time does school finish?
Rainy
Rainy

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman Empty Re: [Declined] Proxy Application - Mánipûlátion - Enhancement Shaman

Post  Spl Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 am

Hey there, got a few things which can drastically improve your char:

- Gearing:

You should be reforging hit/expertise onto your gear wherever possible to try and reach the respective caps. You're really far under the hit cap at the moment, and pretty far below the expertise cap. I've seen you actually reforged some hit INTO haste, which is not what you want to do. Basic priority for reforging is hit (till cap) > exp (till cap) > mastery. You should avoid reforging mastery OFF of your gear at all costs, it's an amazing stat for us and you want as much of it as possible.

In regard to gems, since you're below hit cap by so much, you want to chuck hit gems into those slots. It's not ideal, since we want to maximise our agility via gemming, but reaching those caps is also very important for enhance dps. Never gem haste, never gem crit (haste is one of our least desired stats in cata)

Enchants should be maximising your hit/exp where possible, exp to gloves, hit to bracers and boots. Also dual Avalanche is a stronger combo than Hurricane/Avalanche

- Spec/Glyphs:

That spec's all wrong. Imp Shields is one of our worst talents as far as dps per point goes.
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#hhrMoZfcGbs0hRGo:qRkcor - this is the spec + glyphs I'd recommend. Note that the two points in totemic reach can be moved around into either Imp Shields or Imp Fire Nova for those fights where a bit of aoe is required (Maloriak)

Static Shock should always be taken - great talent - we want to proc LS at every opportunity since it keeps up Ele Devastation if it crits, and is basically free damage for pressing one button at the start of a fight. Plus with the LS glyph you should never have trouble keeping the shield on you (since it doesn't fall off until it expires!).
Shocking is a bad choice, the GCD reduction (of only 0.5sec) is far outweighed by LL, SS and Feral Spirit glyphs. Even if it suits your game style (i don't really understand this ;s, can you explain?), the three glyphs in the link are the must-have for any raiding enhance shaman. Stoneclaw as a major glyph is invaluable as it gives you a ~24k shield which is a lot of help in encounters with heavy raid damage.

I think with those changes you'll see a lot more out of your shammy. GL! Smile

ps. this is all assuming a standard wf/ft setup, if you decide to run a dual ft setup then some things will change

Spl
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:46 am

Gearing,
I realise now that Mastery isnt bad for Enhancement shamans and i've stop making the mistake of reforging it out. I rarely miss when we have an encounter but i can understant where you are coming from, ill make sure to reforge some Hit/expertise into my gear when it suits it. I Allready have some Hit gems on my gear, but and understand i've gemmed some crit and haste, i think, this is only because i wanted them gemmed and i didnt have time, at the time to go out and find those decent gems.

Enchants,
I didnt realise hit was THAT important on an enhancement shaman, seeing as how they attack incredibly fast, ill be sure to chuck some more into hit and what not, ill get a friend of mine to re-enchant everything to better suit out cata. I also i've come to realise A/A is best, but i was proc'ing Hurricane 4 times at once sometimes and didnt see that as a major downfall so it wasnt at the top of my list. Also it was another free enchant, my friend wanted to see what it looked like and so did I.

Spec,
Wow, i feel like an idiot, i have no idea why i have 'Imp Sheilds' spec'd and how i never noticed it, thanks for pointing that out. I'm assuming you're saying an enhancement shamans AoE damage output isnt the best, and i agree with you. I've never really tried spec'ing up Fire Nova, does it really have that big of an impact? or is it just for maxium damage? Another Question, why have you not spec'd into 'Frozen Power' it increases damage done by 'Lava Lash' 'Lightning spells' and 'shocks' by 10%? Yer i understand the Static Shock spec, but i've never really noticed it taking effect before, all i can do is take you're word for it and try it out, which ill be doing soon.

Glyphs,
Again i understand, i was originally Elemental, when i hit level 85, so i didnt have many Enhancement Glyphs, and just used what were cheap on the Auction and what i picked up from my old friends guild. So i can see some issues with it myself, but seeing as it worked well with shocks, i jsut left it, ill swap 'Shocking' out for the wolves and get those major ones u suggested. Again i can understand them aswell.
oh and im going a WF / FT setup. Cheers for the points btw. hopefully i get an increase in dps XD..

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 am

Wouldnt the axe be better in your main hand~?

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:52 am

The axe is an Off-hand weapon, i cant have it in my main hand. XD

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:00 am

But wouldnt it be better in your main hand?

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:03 am

I doesnt matter considering they attack speed, attack damage, dps, stats is basically the exact same.. how do you see it as being better?

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:46 am

One of the orc racials means that you get bonus expertise rating for axes. Just wondered if that mattered for enhance

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:25 am

Oh yer... Umm, i dont see any reason to why that racial wouldnt work on the off-hand but ill look into that... would be nice to know.

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 am

It does work on the offhand but if it wasnt an offhand wep only then would the extra expertise for main hand weapon attacks be better than offhand? but im not sure about enhance shammies

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:58 am

What would be the difference with Enhancement shamans??, They dont have any Talents to help hit or expertise only Elemental Shamans do with spirit, altho enhancement shamans can spec into it, its not likely im gonna have spirit. (they might i dont know the talent tree 100% of the top of my head, but i dont think they have any hit or expertise talents)

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  yawt Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:06 am

Ok Ill just ask this question.

If you had the option of having 25 expertise on your main hand and 22 on your off hand weapon
OR
22 expertise on your main hand wep and 25 on your off hand weapon

Which would you choose or does it not matter?

yawt

Back to top Go down

Post  billwiz29 Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:28 am

Main hand, of course. I want to hit more with my main hand because it does more damage, but that doesnt change the fact, my Axe is an off-hand weapon, and yes i would prefer to have a main hand axe weapon that was of equal or better quality, for the Racial.

billwiz29

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Declined.

~Skitz
Skitzone
Skitzone
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down