Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Declined] Juntangz Blood DK Tank

3 posters

Go down

[Declined] Juntangz Blood DK Tank Empty [Declined] Juntangz Blood DK Tank

Post  juntang Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:08 pm

Player Information
Character: Juntangz
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Moist
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/juntangz/simple
Talent Spec: 33/6/2 Blood
Explanation of spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec
Spec is fairly standard, the 33 points in blood are straightforward, choosing all the survivability oriented talents, some differences would be the 2/3 in Scent of Blood due to diminishing returns on a slow weapon 1 point makes very little difference so went 3/3 bladed armor instead for increased lichborne healing from DC, also the 2/2 in abominations might is purely support. Due to the increase of survival hunters and a decrease in MM hunters the lack of trueshot aura would be an incentive to talent into this due to the gains the raid receives, however, if i were to be on interrupt duty i would drop these 2 points and talent into Endless winter instead to save RP thus not affecting my threat gain. Besides that nothing really different though it may be obvious just going to point it out anyway the 2/3 Epidemic is just so disease re-application fits nicely with Outbreak.
Glyphs
Prime: Death Strike, Heart Strike and Rune Strike are all fairly apparent due to the lack of alternatives, possibly Death and Decay Glyph if aoe tanking is more common but besides that increased healing/shield and increased threat is most ideal
Major: Dancing rune weapon, Vampiric Blood, Anti-Magic Shell, the first two are fairly straightforward, threat and increased healing is optimal, i chose anti-magic shell as a 3rd mainly due to many bosses having a hard hitting magical ability in most raids so i find increased duration of AMS saves a lot of the healers mana for instance Conclave of the Winds: Nezirs' ultimate.
Minor: Resilient Grip, Deaths Embrace, Horn of Winter, these have little effect as do the alternatives however Deaths Embrace is a fairly good glyph for lichborne self healing so i find its quite good compared to alternatives.
Gemming
Currently, DK gemming is not yet conclusive due to many factors. At the moment i am gemmed stamina but am very soon to change after a bit more research. This is due to the fact that stamina stacking is very redundant now that health pools have increased so much. My outlook on it was that avoidance was simply ineffective health if you avoided 20% of attacks indirectly you increase your health by 20%. However, due to the functionality of tanks in WotLK this didn't hold true because tanks would frequently drop below 50% health and have very large health dips. So if we for arguments sake convert a tanks health pool into a number representing the number of times he can be hit without healing before dying against a simple auto hitting boss a typical WotLK tank would be around 3-5 whereas now it would be around 7-10. In WotLK the with only 3-5 chances of avoiding an attack stamina clearly outweighed avoidance as sustaining 1 more hit far outvalued increasing the chance for avoidance, however, in Cataclysm this is different for 2 different reasons
a) Stamina gain becomes redundant the more you have so for example if you could only take 1 hit increasing your health pool by 1 more hit means you have essentially doubled your survivability, if you could take 2 hits increasing your health pool by 1 more hit only increases your survivability by a 3/2 and etc.
b) It is common knowledge that percentage chances become more accurate the more times you roll. The chances of getting a 50 50 result when you flip a coin twice is much less likely then flipping it 10 times, essentially the more times you roll the more accurate the probability. Thus, as our health pools were around 3-5 avoidance seemed less appealing as the chances of taking 3-5 hits without any avoidance at 30-50% avoidance (though very unrealistic) is much less probable then taking 7-10 hits without any avoidance.
The other major concern with gemming is that our mastery is a shield absorb based on damage we take so mastery and avoidance don't work well together. If you have high avoidance you take less damage thus less absorption. So the main argument is whether having high mastery, thus taking less damage each hit, would be more effective then avoiding some attacks. As forums are still going on about this and not enough data has been collected yet i am currently on standby to see which is more mitigation though i am favouring mastery.

What makes me an exceptional player:
I think i am an exceptional player is because i love progression, there is nothing more satisfying then downing bosses thus my drive to progress makes me play better. Also, i have a interest in the theorycrafting behind wow as you can see in my rant on gemming Razz, i find the maths/rng behind wow to be very interesting and by theorycrafting and researching all these numbers i find i know my class a lot better. I also believe my love for pvp has trained me to be very aware, the need to watch focus, my own unit frame and the target has taught me not to tunnel and to keep my eyes moving.

Screenshot:https://s1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc372/juntang/?action=view¤t=WoWScrnShot_010511_000743.jpg
This is a screenshot of my pvp ui very similar to raid ui just that i move raid frames somewhere more visible, currently still cleaning my ui up because it is a little cluttered but else you get the general idea

Player History
I've played since season 2 of BC don't know specific dates/raid releases just remember the season Razz

BC
-Karazhan
-Gruul's
-Magtheridon
-ZA
-SSC except for Vash'jir
-TK except for Kael
-First three bosses of Hyjal
-First 2 bosses of BT

WotLK
-Naxx 10/25
-Sarth 10/25
-Eye of Eternity 10/25
-ToGC 10/25
-ICC 6/12
Didn't really raid to much in WotLK as raid difficulty was to low and little emphasis on guilds made it hard to find a good one

Why did you leave your last guild:
Moist, still in it just don't have a raid position due to excess amounts of tanks and was really just a casual guild for me
Other guilds: eVe in BC was in top 5 guilds on my server before disband

Personal Facts
Regular play time: After university so generally 5 onwards
Can you make raid times: Yes without a doubt

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy?
I want to join Proxy because i have a fond interest in PvE and progression and the level of expectations of each raider is what i believe is necessary for progression
How did you hear about us:
Browsing oceanic guilds
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy: No

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
Computer specs: GTS 8800 E6750 4gb ram
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet: Optus 100gbs per month
Do you disconnect often? Nope except on Ring of Valor >.<
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels? WoWTunnels

Other
At the moment my 333 gear is not enchanted and i know that it needs to be because you need optimal stats and without enchants you are far from optimal however i believe that i can replace them today thus my reluctance to enchant it however if i were needed to raid with it would enchant asap.

juntang

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Juntangz Blood DK Tank Empty Re: [Declined] Juntangz Blood DK Tank

Post  Fozby Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:39 am

logout in pve gear tx

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  juntang Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:17 am

sorry done

juntang

Back to top Go down

Post  juntang Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:36 pm

sorry just realised i logged out in pvp gear ill relog into pve in the morning soz

juntang

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Sorry not interested atm. You are free to come back and reapply when you are better geared since we are going to be going into heroic modes now and you didn't even pass the character audit (cloak unenchanted), also herbalism is NOT a tanking profession please fix these before applying again or to any guild (just a word of advice).
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down