Post  Yamman on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Yamman
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Epitaph
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/yamman/simple
Talent Spec: Arms 31/7/3

Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:
Spec: I have 2/2 in Field Dressing as it increases healing done to me by 6% which with healer mana such an issue at the moment, help to increase healing throughput, also because Blitz isn't very good 2 point investment as rage is never an issue at the start of a fight and the extra stun isn't very useful in raids.

The 2/2 in Second wind is again to help out healers on a situational basis, also granting rage to use as soon as the stun is over. I did not take Drums of War as I though that it wasn't as necessary as health regen this soon into the expansion.

No Imp. Slam as its is a dps loss at the moment and Heroic Strike is a stronger filler that is instant too. 2/2 in Cruelty for increased crit strike chance. 3/3 in Battle Trance for free attacks. 2/2 in Executioner as >20% that 5% Haste stacking buff is really strong and allows for faster rage generation.

Finally 3/3 in Incite as it both increases the crit strike chance of Heroic Strike and also allows for a guaranteed crit following a crit strike. I have not taken Booming Voice as rage isn't an issue, nor have I taken Rude Interruption as it feels too situational, and Incite feels stronger and is applicable to all fights.

Glyphs: Primes: Mortal Strike (+10% Dmg), Overpower (+10% Dmg) and Bladestorm (reduced CD) as I have not taken Imp. Slam.
Majors: Sweeping Strikes to conserve rage. Colossus Smash to keep sunders up (while not wasting rage). Rapid Charge to re-engage the target as soon as possible, although I am thinking of perhaps replacing for Victory Rush to help healers out in fight with adds that can proc VR, although its highly situational, or for Cleave to help down trash faster/adds, but as of my current heroics content, Cleave isn't used that much.
Minors: Berserker Rage for quick access rage. Command/Battle as they increase the duration of my only buff. I currently have Intimidating Shout as I have been doing Heroic dungeons and it allows for a small measure of CC if all hell breaks loose. I would have to see raid composition to assess whether swapping out Intimidating Shout for Furious Sundering would be worth it.

Gemming:
Hit/Exp>Str>Mastery
I am gemming and reforging for Hit and Expertise to get to the caps of the respective stats as soon as possible. Next I gem for Strength in Red sockets, Strength and Mastery in Yellow sockets, and Hit in Blue sockets. Once I acquire more blue sockets, I shall start restoring the reforged Hit to the original stats and then reforging again if necessary.

What makes you an exceptional player?: I am a team player and communicate well with others. I've had a lot of experience with other classes. I currently have a level 80+ character of each class on Barthilas and therefore have an understanding of each class that others do not. This provides me with a unique insight into fight mechanics as I can understand how and why other players react to certain mechanics. I also have excellent situational awareness and am able to take constructive criticism well.
Please put a screenshot of your current interface (Upload to photobucket, flickr, imageshack, tinypic): https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/i/wowscrnshot121610022334.jpg/

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I've been playing for about 1 and a half years.
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)

WOTLK
- 11/12 HM ICC 10
- 10/12 HM ICC 25
- Ruby Sanctum 25

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? I am leaving my current guild because the GM and Officers made a snap decision, while about half of the guild was offline. to transfer over to Dreadmaul, and stated queues as being the reason behind the transfer. When I logged on, those that were raiding that night had already transfered. I do not wish to leave Barthilas and both the friends I have made here and my IRL friends behind, but I do want to keep raiding.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Eternal Damnation on Barthilas

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Philip
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia, NSW, GMT+10
Regular play time: I have finished school and so spend a lot of my time at home, most of it playing WoW.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I believe Proxy is a world-class guild and I believe that I have what it takes to become a part of such a team.
How did you hear about us? Friends and looking at Barthilas guilds.
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend) No.
Can this person vouch for you? N/A.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 2GB DDR2, E7600, 9400GT (am upgrading to 460 GTX soon)
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra. ADSL2+, 100GB a month
Do you disconnect often? Rarely.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? No.

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: I haven't raided Cataclysm content yet so any WoL link that I give you will be from WotLK raids.

Also I currently have Arms PvE spec and Fury PvP spec. I am willing to change to Fury PvE if its needed.

Thanks for your time.

Yamman

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Yamman - DPS Warrior

Post  Grandil on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi, just a few points, you appear to be missing a belt buckle as well as a leg armor enchant and a shoulder enchant. Also your using a haste enchant on your boots rather then a run speed enchant, could you explain this?
I noticed all of your gems are only green quality, why is that? blue quality gems aren't really that expensive.
you could pick up the socket bonus in your boots by changing one of your 30 hit gems to str/hit and putting a str/hit in your boots.

Other than that i haven't really done any research on arms so i cant critique you on your stat choices.

Edit: Looking at your SS, which abilities do you click? you appear to have default bindings for your entire bottom bar (1-=) and Heroic leap and Battle shout don't seam to be bound at all.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamman on Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Thanks for the reply.

So enchants first; just picked up the belt buckle and leg enchants, can't believe I forgot them. I also just picked up the wrath shoulder enchant as I have not yet completed the Deepholm quest chain to obtain the rep tabard, but I shall do that shortly. My current meta gem is a run-speed increase as the current requirements for the most useful meta-gems are more Blue than Red gems. Such a requirement is a dps loss when it comes to gemming, but Blizzard have stated that they will reverse the meta requirement, although it requires a proper patch (cannot be hotfixed). As i obtain run speed from my meta-gem, I therefore do not require a boot run speed enchant. I will change my meta-gem and boot enchant when such change is implemented.

I have been a bit strapped for gold since leveling engineering to 525, but I have managed to scrape enough gold together from alts to purchase the blue gems. Thanks for pointing out the socket bonus, more crit is always nice Very Happy

Keybinds: That SS is a couple of days old, I noticed while PvPing that clicking Heroic Leap isn't all that feasible (especially when you get a 'No Path Available' error), so I bound it to 'G'. Battle Shout isn't keybound in that SS as I decide before I fight, whether I will be using Commanding Shout or Battle Shout and put the selected ability in the appropriate keybound slot.

I click any ability past '8' on the bottom bar. All the abilities past '8' are either highly situational, are hardly ever used or are just to take notice of the cd timer (Recklessness).

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Yamman

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:54 am

Totally missed the Meta, thanks for clearing that up, just having a look at your spec, why have you chosen Second Wind over Drums of War? Your almost never going to be stunned in a raid, where as being able to get off an interrupt when your rage is low could be the difference between a wipe and a kill.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamman on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 am

I currently have Second Wind to help staying alive in Heroics, but I do see how Drums of War is more beneficial in a raid situation, in fact I have recently been thinking about getting it, but as I am not currently raiding, it isn't at the top of my priority list. When I start raiding again, it will be changed straight away.

Yamman

Back to top Go down

Post  Yamman on Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 am

I have been searching forums and experimenting with stat priorities and have found mastery to be comparatively weak when compared to crit and haste. In light of this discovery I have reforged away as much mastery as possible. Such a move has led to greater damage output. This is not to say that mastery is rubbish for Arms, just that when compared to crit and haste, it does not perform quite as well.

Yamman

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:34 am

Going to give you a shot, hit us up ingame for an invite.

~Skitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down