[Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Go down

[Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Moxjo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:56 pm

Character Name: Elmøz
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Ovakill
Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/barthilas/elm%C3%B8z/simple
Talent Spec: Retribution 7/2/32
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhMZ0bZcbGsdkszfd
This spec is the product of research into the cataclysm ret pally talents and what i could best spec into to maximize my DPS in a boss fight aswell as being valuable in Crowd control and interuption

Glyphs:
Prime-
Templars Verdict
Exorsiscm
Seal of Truth

I did these prime glyphs to maximise my DPS. As far as seal of truth is concerned im currently using that glyph to cap my expertise so i can reforge some crit into haste instead of expertise reforge. But as my gear changes and improves i will change this out for the crusader strike glyph

Major-
Hammer of Wrath
Asdentic Crusader
Consecration

These ones are the best of the bunch as far as conserving mana and maximizing DPS go. I havnt had any threat issues in cataclysm yet but if i do have them with a specific tank ill swap out for Hand of salvation glyph.

Minor-
Insight
Seal of truth

Gems:

Im currently gemming
30+ str (red)
15+ hit 15+ expertise ( purple)
30 + haste ( yellow )
Meta is chance to increase haste by 400 on melle/ranged attack
im gemming for bonuses right now because the gear i have gives good socket bonuses well worth going for them and also i need to gem variety to activate my meta.

Enchants:
im currently Enchanting using anything that is available to me through guildies and the auction house i have a few Expertise enchants which i am using to increase my haste via reforging.
as enchants become more readily available to me i will start to find ones including haste and attack power.

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I've been playing for about 1 Year and 6 months
What raid experience do you have in WoW or any other MMO? (Please go into detail)
Classic-
I have cleared all Classic raids at level 80 and know most of the mechanics.
BC-
Ive cleared Molten Core , ZG , and BT at level 80 and know the mechanics for all these boss fights.

WOTLK
- Naxx 10 undying and 25 all but sath and KT
- Sarth 10 in 3D and 25 aswell in 3D
- EOE
- Ulduar 10 im one off my Drake need yogg =D
TOC 10/ 25 both cleared and up to anub on 10 heroic
- 11/12 HM 10 man 11/12 25 man (guild has cleared 25 man LK i know fight very well i was not able to attend on the night it went down)
- RS 25 man

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?
I left my last guild (Nightshift) becasue the guild disbanded and then soon after went to OVakill i am leaving this guild because i am not happy
with Guild progression and attitude of some people within the guild.


Age: 17
Real name (First name only): Matt
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia Vic GMT +10 Aus EST
Regular play time: i can play every day of the week on weekdays when not on holidays i can play from 4-12pm aus EST on weekends anytime at all on any timezone
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 5:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes i can make all the raids and be early if required

Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to join Proxy because i think i am ready to step up with my raid progression in a guild that clears high level content
How did you hear about us?. Ive known about proxy since joining Ovakill and starting to find interest in the better guilds on Barthalias
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No ( i used to have a few freinds in cross)
Can this person vouch for you? No

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 4 gig ram 2.4k GHZ dual core processor
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Optus ADSL2 1 terrabyte monthly
Do you disconnect often? No i only disconnect once on a blue moon
Do you use other services No i do not find that i have a need for such services as i do not have high latency in game.

Other:
Professions

I am a 525 miner and in the next 2-3 days of doing this app i will be at 525 black smithing and able to make gear for anyone

UI:
This is a photo of my Curent IU
http://img510.imageshack.us/i/proxapp2.png/
This is my Current UI dont be alarmed by the giant 2 in the middle of the screen thats just to display my Holy Power
(edit: i thought maybe people would take the 3.3k as my actual DPS i was just getting up holy power to show you the addon for its display)



Moxjo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  ineedtofu on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Few things are needed. Screen shot with keybinds. and now onto the "fun" part...
Moxjo wrote:I did these prime glyphs to maximise my DPS. As far as seal of truth is concerned im currently using that glyph to cap my expertise so i can reforge some crit into haste instead of expertise reforge. But as my gear changes and improves i will change this out for the crusader strike glyph
Yet you decide to reforge into expertise and some crit into mastery and some mastery into haste. why reforge into a stat if you are going to reforge that stat into something else later?
Moxjo wrote:These ones are the best of the bunch as far as conserving mana and maximizing DPS go. I havnt had any threat issues in cataclysm yet but if i do have them with a specific tank ill swap out for Hand of salvation glyph.
Do you even know how the glyph works? It doesn't even reduce threat it just makes you not have any threat for the duration of the Hand of Salvation.
Moxjo wrote:im gemming for bonuses right now because the gear i have gives good socket bonuses well worth going for them and also i need to gem variety to activate my meta.
Why gem for bonuses when the meta that is available sucks and not worth losing out on the str from pure reds?
Professions
Moxjo wrote:I am a 525 miner and in the next 2-3 days of doing this app i will be at 525 black smithing and able to make gear for anyone
Mining is not a dps increasing profession.

_________________
avatar
ineedtofu
Officer

Posts : 382
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 29
Location : Hawaii

Back to top Go down

RE: application

Post  Moxjo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:58 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback on my post i apreciate it alot
ineedtofu wrote:Few things are needed. Screen shot with keybinds. and now onto the "fun" part...
down the bottom of the post theres a screen shot of my IU and you should be able to see my keybinds

ineedtofu wrote:Yet you decide to reforge into expertise and some crit into mastery and some mastery into haste. why reforge into a stat if you are going to reforge that stat into something else later?
I reforged as i did right now because with the new expasion coming out im maximizing my current DPS then later on as i get better gear ill change the reforges. reforging into straight haste now that i will probably use in future would not allow me to be hit or expertise capped at this time.

ineedtofu wrote:Do you even know how the glyph works? It doesn't even reduce threat it just makes you not have any threat for the duration of the Hand of Salvation.
i understand this but however because this glyph drops threat entirely its very useful for a retribution paladin because particularily at the start of an engagement it is possible for us to throw a hammer straight off the bat while the tank has not yet generated much threat at all. The reason i have it on swap out is because at the moment even when i throw the hammer straight up tanks are not having any issues keeping the threat off me. But if this problem does arise i will swap it out mid raid/dungeon

ineedtofu wrote:Why gem for bonuses when the meta that is available sucks and not worth losing out on the str from pure reds?
i did a bit of research into wether or not pallys should just gem straight strength in cata and i conculded that its much better for us to have haste in our gems because that not also significantly increases our DPS. as for the purple gems at the moment i need the extra hit to be able to cap myself of in my current gear. The meta im using right now is working fairly well for me as its procing fairly often for me contary to what many people have told me.







Moxjo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  ineedtofu on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Moxjo wrote:down the bottom of the post theres a screen shot of my IU and you should be able to see my keybinds
Is wings really "7" do you have huge hands?
Moxjo wrote:I reforged as i did right now because with the new expasion coming out im maximizing my current DPS then later on as i get better gear ill change the reforges. reforging into straight haste now that i will probably use in future would not allow me to be hit or expertise capped at this time.
This does not make sense seeing as you reforged the gear you are currently in at 85.
moxjo wrote:i understand this but however because this glyph drops threat entirely its very useful for a retribution paladin because particularily at the start of an engagement it is possible for us to throw a hammer straight off the bat while the tank has not yet generated much threat at all. The reason i have it on swap out is because at the moment even when i throw the hammer straight up tanks are not having any issues keeping the threat off me. But if this problem does arise i will swap it out mid raid/dungeon
So you are blowing wings off the start of the pull? Without max stacks of Seal of Truth?
moxjo wrote:i did a bit of research into wether or not pallys should just gem straight strength in cata and i conculded that its much better for us to have haste in our gems because that not also significantly increases our DPS. as for the purple gems at the moment i need the extra hit to be able to cap myself of in my current gear. The meta im using right now is working fairly well for me as its procing fairly often for me contary to what many people have told me.
Where have you done your research at?

_________________
avatar
ineedtofu
Officer

Posts : 382
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 29
Location : Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Moxjo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:16 pm

ineedtofu wrote:Is wings really "7" do you have huge hands?
Wings is T in my UI it may be a little hard to see the variation im sorry about that
Thanks for the feedback

Moxjo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  ineedtofu on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:24 pm

Soooo...the other questions?

_________________
avatar
ineedtofu
Officer

Posts : 382
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 29
Location : Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Moxjo on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 pm

ineedtofu wrote:So you are blowing wings off the start of the pull? Without max stacks of Seal of Truth?
By popping Wings at the start of a fight it allows me to get alot of damage on the board before the fights mechanics begin to give me DPS loss on the boss such as Adds and various other melle hazards. also by popping wings at the start im getting a good cd on cooldown which will allow me to use it again sooner i believe that these bonuses outweigh the strategy of waiting for 5 stacks of seal of truth to cast my wings.

ineedtofu wrote:Where have you done your research at?
I did alot of testing in patch 4.3 toying with the crusader strike cooldown after gemming haste and found i could increase my DPS with more haste gems then strength
as for how this goes in cataclysm ive tried my current gem build and found respectable numbers but am yet to try gemming full strength then re testing.
Any research i have ever done on ret paladins has been on the WOW forums or the Paragon wow site. However i always test my research myself to make sure it is really the best method
and will be continueing testing in the next couple of weeks to try and further refine my gemming.

ineedtofu wrote:This does not make sense seeing as you reforged the gear you are currently in at 85.
I am in my 85 gear but seeing as the expansion has just been realeased i amtrying to reforge to increase my DPS for heroics to further improve my gear. When i attain this gear i will reforge crit into haste and leave everything else normal.

Moxjo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Puudizz on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 am

i saw yu in Tol Barad and i saw yu rage and cry like a bitch

bitches shouldnt be allowed to play cause all they do is bitch
just quit this game and go make someone a sandwhich

p.s PEON

_________________

yM
avatar
Puudizz

Posts : 85
Join date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  megarambo on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:59 am

bitches? ps hello


avatar
megarambo

Posts : 135
Join date : 2010-08-13
Location : Wellington

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Moxjo on Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:44 am

Puudizz wrote:i saw yu in Tol Barad and i saw yu rage and cry like a bitch

bitches shouldnt be allowed to play cause all they do is bitch
just quit this game and go make someone a sandwhich

p.s PEON

i dont remember crying about anything the only thing i said during that battle ground in raid chat was for a person who had given up alredy to leave or not que
i generally try to keep positive about things

Moxjo

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-12-14

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  megarambo on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:03 am

what happen to being holy =(
avatar
megarambo

Posts : 135
Join date : 2010-08-13
Location : Wellington

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  ineedtofu on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:30 pm

Declined. Merry Christmas.

_________________
avatar
ineedtofu
Officer

Posts : 382
Join date : 2010-08-13
Age : 29
Location : Hawaii

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined] Application : Retribution Paladin Elmoz

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum