Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman

+2
ineedtofu
jthn
6 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman Empty [Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman

Post  jthn Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:21 am

First off I'd like to apologize for not informing you guys of my situation any sooner. After the crash I was out of hospital within a few weeks, but that was just enough time of the uni backlog to reach critical limits (I was in my final semester of the degree). I didn't really make an active decision to ignore WoW, but I was just so busy with uni / work / physio etc that it just got left behind. So yeah, sorry for the abrupt disappearance without any updates, it's always a mystery when a guildie just disappears without a word. Grats on LK and Halion, I knew it wouldn't be long before you got it, we were so close on my last few raid nights. Kicking myself that I missed the title though!

I've only started back playing this week as I've finished uni and am now unemployed with a shitload of time on my hands, Just doing my research on all the new Cataclysm stuff, my specs, where I'll be levelling etc etc.

Player Information
Character Name: Jthn
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: None
Armory Link: Link - Constantly fiddling with my specs/gear atm, if anything looks out of whack just let me know.
Talent Spec: 2/3/31
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

Spec:
I've been doing a fair bit of reading on all the 4.0.1 changes recently, the resto tree hasn't changed too much so the transition hasn't been that difficult. My spec is pretty much the standard cookie cutter with a few variations. I've gone for Focused Insight and Telluric currents as the beginning dungeons/raids in cataclysm will tend to be mana intensive, the extra regen gained from weaving in shocks/LB's will be beneficial, plus it'll make healing a bit more fun. This obviously means I've had to skip Soothing Rains and Blessing of the Eternals, Soothing Rains is pretty meh for me right now, my HST ticks are ~85% overheal on most fights, though I may pick it back up when I get Healing Rain, I'lll see how it goes. As for Blessing of the Eternals , the nerf on the crit bonus and the fact that it now only applies to sub-35% targets makes it fairly useless in the current raiding environment.

As for 2/3 Acuity as opposed to Ele Weapons or 2/3 Imp shields and 3/3 Acuity. At my current gear level, the benefit provided by Ele weapons is pretty negligible and has been for some time. And the gains provided by WS and ES with 3/3 Imp shields outweighs the benefit of an extra 1% crit.

Glyphs:
Prime: ES, WS and Riptide, I feel are all pretty self explanatory. The ELW Glyph looks pretty shit compared to the Regen from WS and the extra 40% uptime of Riptide. Although, from what I've read, it may prove to be more beneficial in Cata, I'll reassess my options then and see whether its worth it or not.
Major: CH. HW and HST - All fairly self explanatory. If the resistances for HST aren't needed, I'll probably swap in the Totemic Recall glyph for the mana boost.

Gemming/Enchanting
Pretty standard for a Resto shaman, max haste. As I said earlier, the 4.0.1 changes haven't really hit Resto shamans that hard, so I haven't really had to change anything. Int is more of a benefit now, but haste is still king. I think the only update I've had to make was swapping the leg patch from stam to spirit.

As for reforging, pretty much the only stat worth changing for a resto shaman would be crit and from the available options, the benefits seem minimal right now, so I've opted not to reforge anything. (If I'm wrong here, please let me know, I haven't done too much reading on resto shamans and reforging yet, have been more focused on my spec)

What makes you an exceptional player?:
I hate trying to talk myself up Razz But I'll give it a shot. Firstly, I do my research - starting with not just gaining a detailed understanding of my own class mechanics, but other healers and all classes in general, raid mechanics, strategies etc, I come prepared and I don't expect to be spoonfed content. I feel I'm quick to react in raids, I'm good with raid mechanics, and on the odd occasion that I do fuck up (usually alcohol related, but I'm cutting back) - I'm the first to admit I've made a mistake and you can be sure it won't happen again. There's nothing like the deep burning shame of fucking up a simple mechanic and dying or causing a wipe. I'm a competitive healer, I've been playing a resto shaman for 2 years now and I know all the ins and outs of the class/spec and can perform well in a raid environment. I enjoy meter whoring, which I know is kind of unbalaced in terms of healing, but it helps keep me on my toes.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat):
This SS is from one of my most recent raids, which was on one of my last raids before I disappeared (probably a week or two before you got LK down), I haven't really needed to raid this week so I don't have an absolutely up-to-date SS. That shouldn't mattter though as I have made almost zero changes to it since I've been back.

Screenshot!

The only changes I have made are swapping in HW for LHW, GHW for HW and re-binding Healing Surge to F. My HS/Mana pots are on the G3 and G4 keys of my G15. Totem drops/recall are on mouse buttons as well as Vent PTT.

I use the little dots on grid to track things like Riptides and other peoples ES's, as well as Totemtimers to track WS and ES charges. I'm looking at swapping to something like VuhDo in order to get better info on whose HoT belongs to whom as well as just the better overall detail and look/feel.

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: Since March 2005, had a few decent sized breaks over the years aswell.
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)
Vanilla: All the usual stuff, MC / ZG / BWL, Got a bit burnt out after that so only saw a few bosses in AQ20
BC: SSC / TK / Hyjal and BT up to council mostly with Crimson Dawn, the last couple of BT bosses were with another guild. Have Hand of A'dal etc on my mage.
Wrath: Naxx10/25, OS3D 10, Ulduar 12/13 10 with most HM's + Algalon. ToC 10/25. ICC 10/25- 12/12 HM (P3 25man, P2 Bane on the ONE attempt I did)
Note: All Pre-wrath experience was on my Warlock/Mage.

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild?:
Proxy - Booted for inactivity.

What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?:
I can't even remember the names of my vanilla raiding guilds, TBC was mainly Crimson Dawn, I didn't start serious raiding till later on in Wrath so it was Eternal Damnation which I was an officer in, got through most of ICC with them then left due to people being shit. Then it was Noctis and on to Proxy.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Jim
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Thames, New Zealand UTC/GMT +13 (Daylight savings, usually +12)
Regular play time: All day - Evenings more likely.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? You guys are the most organized, no bullshit group of players I've ever played with. I play mainly to raid and I love progression which is why Proxy is the best fit for me. The efficient, effective raiding and progression are what appeal to me most. The people in Proxy are generally pretty great too, I enjoyed being in a guild that lacked the drama and bullshit, be it about loot or some attention whore, that I've seen so many times before. Also, I've been playing on Barthilas for since the day it opened, on both factions, and the majority of people I know who still play are in Proxy.

How did you hear about us? Obvious answer is obvious

Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Boomboom
Can this person vouch for you? Yes.......maybe......... : /

In all seriousness, regarding the above two points. Most of you who will be making the decisions here know how I've performed in the past and I'm sure you all have your own opinions about me (and hopefully they aren't too bad).

Why should we accept you into Proxy? I'm a dedicated raider, I'm experienced, I perform well within a raiding environment, I put out big numbers that stop people from dying, I feel that I fit pretty well into the healing roster before and I'm sure I can do it again. I'm on time for every raid, I maintain consistently high attendance and if I cannot make a raid for whatever reason, I make sure the guild is informed in advance. I'm not opposed to being sat out or to extended raid times for progression, it's what I'm here for.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): E8400 overclocked to 4.0ghz, 9800GT and 4gigs of Corsair DDR3
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? I've moved since I raided with you guys last, I'm now with Telecom running about 10mbit/s down and 1-2 up.
Do you disconnect often? Not once since I've been on this connection.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Wowtunnels

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: N/A, Like I stated earlier, I haven't really raided since I've been back. I'll check to see if the old parses are still up. If this is going to be an issue I can pug something and throw up a parse.

Last edited by jthn on Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

jthn

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman

Post  ineedtofu Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:15 am

are you jthm's alt?
ineedtofu
ineedtofu
Officer

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman Empty Re: [Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman

Post  jthn Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:21 am

Are you this guy?

[Accepted] Jthn - Restoration Shaman 33k97x0

jthn

Back to top Go down

Post  Rokki Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:36 am

mostly with Crimson Dawn

Ahhh good old weekend afternoon raids and a female guild leader, didn't get much different than that. :p

Rokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:24 pm

should of stayed gone...

-1 for coming back
-1 for being named Jim
+1 for being jthms alt

p.s yu aint my friend yu lied in your app

Firao got cut cause yu didnt add his name as "friend" in your app

LoL

Droods will vouch for yu im sure of it.
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  firao Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:25 pm

Puudizz wrote:should of stayed gone...

-1 for coming back
-1 for being named Jim
+1 for being jthms alt

Firao got cut cause yu didnt add his name as "friend" in your app

LoL

Droods will vouch for yu im sure of it.
HA HA HA

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  jthn Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:21 pm

Puudizz wrote:

Don't lie man, we're best buds. <3

jthn

Back to top Go down

Post  Puudizz Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:20 am

jthn wrote:
Puudizz wrote:

Don't lie man, we're best buds. <3

-1 for lieing application declined please seek other guilds in your WoW endeavors

p.s yu aint no Elemental Shaman
Puudizz
Puudizz

Back to top Go down

Post  jthn Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:51 am

Puudizz wrote:
p.s yu aint no Elemental Shaman

I can be anything you want me to be...

jthn

Back to top Go down

Post  emosaur~ Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:21 am

can't believe this but, accepted.
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down