Proxy :: Barthilas (US)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proxy vs. Cataclysm

2 posters

Go down

Proxy vs. Cataclysm Empty Proxy vs. Cataclysm

Post  emosaur~ Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:35 pm

Plan for Cataclysm
In the lead up to Cataclysm since I feel that everyone may be feeling some burn out or are enjoying our 2 raid nights a week, I want to also give you guys a break on top of what we're getting. I believe that once 4.0.3 hits, we'll get drakes for people that haven't finished it and at the same time, we'll sell a couple. Realistically, this means two (2) weeks for the people in guild and the pugs we sell it to. We get some dosh for the guild bank and we have people finishing the expansion on a high note. I'm also doing this because once 4.0.3 hits we don't have guaranteed Invincible so this takes out the desire from everyone to drag their ass through ICC each week. I think it's necessary just so people are ready for what we're going to be doing in Cataclysm and if people are that keen to do something, I'm sure you'll all find something to do, cause you're all already nerding it up with achievements, selling runs and leveling + playing alts.

In a nutshell; 4.0.3 hits > 2 weeks spent on finishing up drakes > break until Cataclysm to freshen you guys up (this will honestly only be 1 week break just looking at the date).

Moving onto matters to do with Cataclysm, from the get-go I want this guild to be going full steam ahead in terms of progression. Everyone is keen for a server first and I'm happy to give it a go, but we're already at a disadvantage due to the lack of beta keys within the guild. So to even give us a remote chance, what we need from everyone is to hit 85 as soon as possible.

Below is a quick time-line of how we expect things to pan out in the first couple days of Cataclysm:

7th Dec
- Tuesday, 12:00AM - Cataclysm releases
8th Dec - Wednesday - Leveling
9th Dec - Thursday - First couple of people hitting 85 maybe
10th Dec - Friday - Hopefully start our first raid, if we can't, the 85s will be farming heroics. Leveling for everyone else.
11th Dec - Saturday, time to be decided on poll - Will be raiding on this day, no questions about it. If you aren't 85, bad luck. Whether the raid is 10 or 25 will be decided closer to the day.

PLEASE NOTE, WHILE YOU ARE LEVELING, TAKE AND SAVE ANY GEAR THAT WILL BE USEFUL TO ALL SPECS THAT SUITS YOUR ARMOUR CLASS. e.g Druids take all dungeon/quest gear that fit healing/boomkin/feral/tank. It seems a bit excessive, if this is too much, limit yourself to specs you're comfortable playing. I expect this from all hybrids or classes that can have multiple roles.

Those last two days a red because that is when we should be looking to raid.
From here it will be straight out progression. The raid timers and further details about that will be updated here once the poll has gone through with raid times.

Also be aware that we know you can get server firsts in 10 man raids and such but we're looking to go with a 25 man raid asap. We would prefer to go with 25, but will be looking at 10man as an option if we can't get a strong enough raid by Saturday. I'm hoping none of you will let me down.

Guild Rankings
At the moment we're not really happy with the guild ranks and are looking to change some things up. We're going to be now making the ranks Member, Raider and Elite. These ranks will be monitored a lot closely now and we felt that this change will let us define and organise the raids a lot easier. Honestly, it was too easy to jump in between ranks and the definition of a rank was too broad.

These ranks will be put in before Cataclysm. We will be shuffling people between these ranks over the next few days. Once they're finalised, this will be updated in the guild policies. DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT QQ, cry or be cut if you're not where you think you should be. These ranks are to encourage personal performance and improvement. We're looking to go hard in Cataclysm, show us something to make us keep you and show it consistently.

A quick overview of the ranks:

Member - This is the rank that you get once you've passed trial status. In this rank we're also keeping a lot of the new members and some older members if we feel if they're not up to scratch in terms of raid awareness or performance. Basically, you do not want to be here. You're still working hard to earn your raid spot within the guild. This rank gets loot priority over trials but elites/raiders get priority over this rank.

Raider - This rank has a pre-requisite of at least 85% raid attendance. This is the rank given to a player once they've earned a regular raid spot. You barely fuck-up, have your occasional one or two moments but are still very reliable and a great raider. You will be considered for a spot in the starting raid and will be high on the list when we need to sub people in and out. Still expect to see some bench time due to raid composition and makeup. This rank gets priority over member rank and has the same loot priority as elites/officers

Elites - This rank has a pre-requisite of at least 90% raid attendance. This is the rank for people we absolutely want to always have in. Your model raider basically. They rarely fuck-up and can easily deal with any situation possible in the raid, not too reliant on calls and generally independent. You will practically always have a raid spot. You have the same loot priorities as raiders/other elites/officers and of course priority over members.

Loot + DKP
Loot will be done plain and simple:

TANKS > DPS > HEALERS

We're gearing our tanks, DPS and then healers. This means tokens goes to tanks and if tanks happen to want gear that may fall into DPS category, so be it. We're not getting anywhere without geared tanks. DPS is next for DPS check fights. Healers shouldn't need too much gear cause we're NOT gonna be shit and eat mechanics that will hurt us.

As for DKP, it's still in some kind of discussion but we're looking at rolling over SOME DKP. This means we may be giving people a % (very low %) of what they earned from the moment they joined Proxy. So this means if you look at the guild DKP page and if your earned DKP is 100 for your lifetime and we decide its 10% carry over. You will have a nifty 10 DKP in the expansion.

THE REASON behind this is so that people won't be in negatives or too much of a negative once Cataclysm hits and its so we don't fiddle around with /rolls for loot. We're just going right through bosses and loot. It is of course expected people will not be hoarding their carryover DKP, they will be spending it asap to gain a competitive edge over the content.

At the time of writing this, still in discussion, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

Guild Bank - Consumables + Repairs
With the way that we will be able to earn gold in Cataclysm for the guild bank, we may not even have to sell achievements and content. As far as I can tell, simply by raiding we will be contributing to the guild bank and if people are looting mobs/doing dailies, it will contribute to the guild bank.

What this means for you:

- Guild repairs
- Guild consumables
- Anything raid related will be funded by the guild

To go into detail:

Guild repairs will be given to certain ranks. This is a little bonus that can be taken away from the guild if we feel people are not performing or don't have the right attitude. This is just the guild repaying everyone for their efforts and allowing them to spend less time on the game farming gold to cover repairs.

Consumables will be given to the raiding members of the guild. At the moment we're looking at implementing another guild tab where people can grab 3-4 flasks for a raid night and a stack of potions depending on their class/spec. We would like everyone to be prepared and min-max everything as much as possible. Since the guild already has an excess of money after some Light of Dawn sales and such, this is also another great way to give back to you guys.

Content/raid related items will also be provided by the guild. This means that fights like Sindragosa where tanks needed FrR gear to help out, the guild will buy all of that and cover any costs. So if Blizzard in all their wisdom is retarded enough to bring in resistance fights, don't worry too much, the guild will sort it out when we get to that bridge. This also includes respecs and such.

We're looking to give these free consumables and such to you guys as soon as possible. Of course we trust you but also need your help + patience in getting it all set up. If this isn't set up before Cataclysm, there will definitely be a system similar to what I have detailed for when we start raiding.

As you can see, we're going through a major restructuring of the guild. We really want to start out strong and set a good tone/pace for Cataclysm. Personally the leadership has been somewhat relaxed and so has the raiding, this was just to ease everyone into the merge while we all get friendly and stuff. We feel that everyone is starting to bond well and we've overcome a lot of things as two guilds merged into one. Taking down H LK and H RS so quickly with such strong progression has been a good indication of this. So we're looking to push up our sleeves now and really get our hands dirty. We're expecting you guys to feel the same.

We will be changing the way we're raiding and looking at things. Be prepared. Please harden the fuck up if you're looking to be competitive and go for server firsts. Also don't cry, I'm really sick of bitch whispers.

if you've got any ideas or just thoughts on any of this, feel free to share. not all of this is official yet
emosaur~
emosaur~

Back to top Go down

Proxy vs. Cataclysm Empty Re: Proxy vs. Cataclysm

Post  Kald Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 pm

We also want everyone to max out their professions as fast as they can, things like alchemy are key for every raid, providing flasks to the raid (like feasts now) and the other professions to make other members epic gear.
Within the first few weeks some of the best obtainable gear will be through professions so we all need to work hard gathering materials and such to max ourselves out.

On the note of professions I know a few people (and probably myself) will be swapping a profession for a gathering one for the start of cata in order to level the first one faster (and help other with theirs), this is fine on the basis that you will swap it back to a raiding one later on.
Kald
Kald

Back to top Go down