[Accepted]Iamlights (Holy/Discipline) Priest

Go down

[Accepted]Iamlights (Holy/Discipline) Priest

Post  iamlights on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 am

Player Information
Character Name: Iamlights
Server: Thaurissan
Current Guild: Litany of Fury
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thaurissan&cn=Iamlights
Talent Spec: (5/31/0) Holy & (31/3/2) Discipline
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants:

My main spec is holy. Which is, 5/31 (3 pts in Twin Disciples, 2 in Mental Agility - 0/2 in Surge of Light, 0/2 in Blessed Resilience, 2/3 in Test of Faith). While the new specs forces us to pretty much pick up almost anything, reasons for not picking SoL is because in the current content rarely will a holy priest use smite/heal given the frantic healing at the moment - which is where the two points went into > Spirit of Redemption + Lightwell because there is nothing better. Statistically speaking, a SoL will proc every ~16 heals - so very highly useless right now. Blessed Resilience is now a pure PvP talent as well - which is useless. 2/3 ToF is acceptable given the lack of points. 3 Points in Twin Disciples because it is a direct throughput increase and 2/3 in Mental Agility for better mana efficiency. Only other variations would be instead to take 2 out of MA and put it in Darkness but I do not need the haste I am already naturally at the 6 ticks renew cap with raid buffs and at a considerably high amount of haste.

I also have a viable discipline spec that I can use, 31/3/2 (no pts in Evangelism/Archangel + Atonement (smite) + Reflective Shield (pvp) or Strength of Soul (because non use of heal) + Focused Will (pvp) - 3 pts in Empowered Healing, 2 in Darkness). Discipline is very up in the air at the moment because you can play a semi-offensive doing smites but I have chosen a defensive and passive spec at the moment for PvE for the current content - dropping all smite-related talents for the moment. The pts in empowered healing is a throughput increase to my regular casting of flash heals on tanks to assist and 2 pts in Darkess for Borrowed Time+5% raid buff cap with PW:S and to assist in other spells with additional haste. (I have 2 sets of gear - one for each spec pre 4.0.1) and so I run with different haste/sp levels as well with a wide array of trinkets at my disposal.

As Holy, we're now given new spell to play with (Chakra) my abilities have somewhat extended to switch between states giving me more methods to explore and to switch between Renew/Sanctuary states for different situations. Depending on the fight, I would blanket the raid with renew and use PoM + CoH on cd often in the Aspire state, use renew or flash for serendipity stacks in the Sanctuary state to cast PoH in order to keep my chakra up for well placed aoe Sanctuaries. Although our heals as holy are fairly mediocre when matched against other classes, we are able to provide good bursts and can show great consistency in effective healing.

As Discipline, I would be either doing one of the following - assisting in tank healing (given we are now even more viable than before) or bubbling the raid depending on the fight and assignments I have been given. The objective would be provide as much mitigation as possible and smart mitigation as well, shielding up the targets you know that will get hit before others or ahead of time. I would be spending the majority of my time in Borrowed Time by casting Power Word: Shields and despite we may be better single target healers, we are also very viable as raid healers.

Holy Glyphs ...
Guardian Spirit - invaluable 30 second reduction on the cooldown of the best cd we have.
Renew - an additional 10% increase in amount of healing from a very high frequent spell used is always great.
Prayer of Healing - a direct throughput increase to a medium used spell is useful.
Circle of Healing - staple glyph increasing 1 additional target to heal to a primary spell.
Holy Nova - a mediocre spell that can be used in some situations and caps the gcd.
Mass Dispel - an entire second reduction almost makes it an instant cast for handy situations, especially dispelling multiple targets in the same area with one gcd.

Discipline Glyphs ...
Penance - 2 seconds shaved off on our best primary burst single-target spell has always been a staple.
Prayer of Healing - a medium used spell good for pre-healing and provide extra healing on top (picked this over Barrier because it didnt last long in the current content)
Power Word: Shield - practically staple as well because it increases additional effective healing or mitigation from divine aegis procs on our most commonly used spell.
Holy Nova - as above.
Mass Dispel - as above.
Dispel - for single-target dispelling it may provide a minor 3% of max health healing which can be useful but simply because there are no real other alternative for the spec.

I am currently still playing a discipline priest for the majority of the time for my guild, so gemming wise it would be still +20 intellect in all slots and reforging into discipline mastery given we do not need any additional mana. As for holy, it would be important to reach the haste cap for a 6th renew tick - attaining a high level amount of haste but still have enough regen to support it. I had very high natural haste already from my gear and kept it above the haste cap (1269) for renew+pom+coh playstyle pre 4.0.1 from gemming full haste.

As for enchants, I think they are almost all staple, either spell power/increase in throughput. With the exception of my cape which is Darkglow Embroidery to help increase mana regen as Holy or Lightweave for throughput as Discipline. Other than that, Tuskarr's Vitality for boots because much of the fights in the current content require a lot of quick movement and every little inch helps.

What makes you an exceptional player? My determination, dedication, discipline and most importantly desire. I am a non-elitist and I carry the "Can Do" attitude towards everything and have a strong sense of teamwork among others. I am able to perform against my gear standards and expectations that are presented to me. Consistency is also another trait that I feel is important and one that I possess, which gives assurance that I am always on my toes. My raid awareness is very sharp and I am able to learn from mistakes practically instantly - everyone makes mistakes but not every can learn them as fast as some. I feel this is where I shine best, the ability to adapt and perform on the fly - when things aren't going by the pages in the book, I can write a new one.

Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img713/1271/wowscrnshot101710225501.jpg

Player History
How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? About 10 months or so, almost a year.
What is your raid experience?
Vanilla/TBC: None
WOTLK: 12/12 (H) 10s ICC, 11/12 (H) 25s ICC, (H) 10s Halion - missing Light of Dawn and (H) Halion on 25s.
I started playing WoW just before the release of Icecrown Citadel back in December, so I missed a lot if not almost all the prior raids to it - however I have since revisited most of WotLK's raids a few times to see what it was like and farm a few things such as the Mimiron's Head with a guild.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? My current guild that I am leaving is Litany of Fury and the reason is because their raid time is no longer applicable to me (they raid at 12am-4am st (AEST) when DST is in effect). I have been with them since mid February (8 months now) and have attained a ~95% attendance rate till today. I would like to find a guild that better suited my raid time and still have a high level of progression come Cataclysm in the future.
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of?
Ultimate of Frostmourne (raider)
Immortal Dream of Frostmourne (raider)
Omnis Arcanum of Nagrand (raider) > Litany of Fury of Thaurissan (healing officer) - the last two are the same guild which transferred cross realms in search of finishing the final progressions.

Personal Facts
Real name (First name only): Kerry
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Melbourne, Australia (GMT+10)
Regular play time: Anywhere between 4pm till late after midnight weekdays and late on weekends.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Yes, always.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to be a part of something meaningful, even if it's just playing a part for Proxy. I have always strived for progression and wished to be apart of something great that could achieve nothing less than brilliance.
How did you hear about us? Oceanic Realm - WoW Forums
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? No.
Can this person vouch for you? Not applicable.
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I am a one of a kind raider that you will perhaps find rare among others because I have high dedication towards raiding and possess the discipline to go through anything - someone you can count on at all times.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card):
Intel Core i7-930 @ 2.80Ghz
Patriot Gamer 6GB Kit DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Internode, 24Mbits/sec
Do you disconnect often? Very rarely, if ever.
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Yes, I use the one provided by my ISP (Internode).

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/yvxxuc4la81nyy8z/analyze/hd/source/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j28bln0zzh2up2ue/analyze/hd/source/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/zyqwcg1ykqb2wuz0/analyze/hd/source/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6ibykcqjjfycy4gp/analyze/hd/source/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/v0h2btl2d553iei5/analyze/hd/source/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0qy24mpmxvnd9v6m/analyze/hd/source/

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application..

If an opportunity is given, you will not be disappointed.

iamlights

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Iamlights (Holy/Discipline) Priest

Post  megarambo on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:19 pm

very nice app goodluck Smile
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:02 am

Hi Kerry,

Very well written app there Smile Sorry for the delayed reply but we will get back to you asap!

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  iamlights on Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks, you can just call me Lights since I am more used to it.

iamlights

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Roidzz told me to ask you if your a guy or a chick.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  iamlights on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:00 pm

I am a male, sorry to disappoint lol!.

iamlights

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Roidzz said in that case, are you good looking? roidzz is a bit gay.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  iamlights on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:03 pm

Haha, maybe but I am straight -_- . . .

iamlights

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:13 pm

Hmm, pity, uh thats what roidzz said i mean, im totally straight myself.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:11 am

I didn't ask him to do anything -.- lol

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  clarity on Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 am

nice app pig
clarity

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am

dont lie roidzz that was all you.
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 am

Still discussing your app. Have an answer for you by tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post  iamlights on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:41 am

Sure no problem, thanks!

iamlights

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Heya gonna give ya a shot. Hit up an officer in-game for an invite.

Regards.

~Skitz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down