[Declined]Filfa/Shamorgy

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 am

Player Information
Character Name: Filfa
Server: Aggramar - Willing to transfer if accepted
Current Guild: Althalus
Armory Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Filfa
Talent Spec: Retribution 3/2/31 - OS Holy 31/3/2
Explanation of your spec, glyphs, gems and enchants: My spec is pretty much standard cookie cutter, same as my glyphs, gems and enchants
What makes you an exceptional player? I believe what makes me an exceptional player is my ability to learn from mistakes and also how raid aware I am, I have strong knowledge in all 3 specs of both Paladins and Shamans. I have also held officer positions in previous guilds, aswell as ran a raiding guild on a blizz-like private realm. These things combined with the ability for me to commit to raids are what sets me apart from other raiders.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://2img.net/h/i185.photobucket.com/albums/x304/dailywar_2007/WoWScrnShot_101710_095623.jpg Can't update right now as my realm is down. I now have 1 or 2 more addons

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I have been playing since vanilla
What is your raid experience? 90-95% of content in Vanilla and TBC, I have managed to get what I can of WOTLK, but due to the lack of progression I have not yet killed LK on ICC10N ( though I have him at 15% ), although I do know 12/12 ICC10H and 11/12 ICC25H. With that said I have attempted a lot of heroic modes both successful - within 15% and unsuccessful.
Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Because currently Aggramar is having issues with stability so I am looking to migrate to a server closer to where I live
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Idealism, Once Forgotten, Althalus. Left the 1st 2 due to lack of progression

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): James
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Australia GMT +10
Regular play time: 4PM - 11PM Monday - Friday, varying times on the weekend but if I need to be on at a time, I will be on
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): Definitely, no other commitments outside of school.

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I want to join <Proxy> because I am looking for a serious guild that raids in times I can make ( Was an issue playing on a US server ) and from what I have seen <Proxy> is one of the better guild on Barthalis where I can learn from people and also contribute as much as I can towards finishing WOTLK and progressing in Cata
How did you hear about us? wow.guildprogress.com
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? Nope, I know no-one on Barthalis, besides the people who may be transferring aswell
Can this person vouch for you? N/A
Why should we accept you into Proxy? I think I should be accepted because I know how to play my class, and I believe I can fit right in to a good geared guild with good progression.

Technical Requirements

Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes, and I am more then happy to talk when needed.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): Normally play on my 15" Macbook Pro so:
2.53GHz Intel Core i5 processor with 3MB shared L3 cache; 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 memory. I play on Max graphics and average 60 FPS in a raid.
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra - Unsure on speed as my dad deals with that side but it is a telstra Business plan, all I know is its fast ( 2-2.2mb/s downloads ) and I never have issues with disconnections on Aggramar ( or Laggramar as we call it ) so I won't have any issues on an oceanic realm
Do you disconnect often? Next to never DC
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? Nope, I have looked into them though, could be an option if it will help my DPS or heals.

Other

WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: None available

If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.
Server is currently down. I will update with a screenshot when I am able to. Is a training dummy fine for recount ?

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
Initially I will only be transferring 1 character ( Pref Pally ) due to my lack of funds at this time. $50 for server and faction change, but my other character should be transferred before cata.

Shaman Armoury Link - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Shamorgy

Look forward to healing from you.

Cheers

James

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Re: [Declined]Filfa/Shamorgy

Post  Grandil on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 am

Do you click?
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:25 am

Nope, I don't click. Why do you ask?

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:33 am

Looking at your UI SS, you only have 1-= bound (default bindings) are your other binds hidden?
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 am

Filfa wrote:Why should we accept you into Proxy? I think I should be accepted because I know how to play my class, and I believe I can fit right in to a good geared guild with good progression.
[b]
please explain how accepting u will make u fit right in with super subpar gear (no heroic gear, wrong t10setup etc) and subpar expirence? (hardly any hardmodes down and no lk kill on either 10 or 25man and ur saying u have expirence with 12/12 heroic? watching videos dont count)

also you are saying the 3/2/31 spec is a cookie cutter spec when it isn't there is math and reason behind both 5/0/31 and the 3/2/31 spec.

you...make me...feel like...im click clicking

Back to top Go down

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:49 am

ineedtofu wrote:
Filfa wrote:Why should we accept you into Proxy? I think I should be accepted because I know how to play my class, and I believe I can fit right in to a good geared guild with good progression.
[b]
please explain how accepting u will make u fit right in with super subpar gear (no heroic gear, wrong t10setup etc) and subpar expirence? (hardly any hardmodes down and no lk kill on either 10 or 25man and ur saying u have expirence with 12/12 heroic? watching videos dont count)

also you are saying the 3/2/31 spec is a cookie cutter spec when it isn't there is math and reason behind both 5/0/31 and the 3/2/31 spec.

you...make me...feel like...im click clicking

As for the reason for why I should be accepted wasn't really that good :/
Basically what I meant was <Proxy> would be a good guild for me to join as your experience will help me.

Okay, I have had experience as in attempts at bosses on heroic as well as me knowing the fights, it has been 1 or 2 people who have no idea what they are doing that have caused wipes. As for my gear... on Aggramar its good for mainly PUGs...

Spec - Basically the majority of ret paladins I have seen roll with the 3/2/31 ( on Aggramar anyway )

I have a setting on bartender set to "hide hotkeys" for bar 2

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:02 am

ahah ur wings macro is called pwn
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandil on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:04 am

so you use the 1-= binds, doesn't seem like very effective binds, what binds do you use for your second bar?
Grandil
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:09 am

be better if u just link a new ss with all yur binds showing when u can plz
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:12 am

I will log back in toon, and update the SS and show all binds.

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:31 am

I normally use more mouse buttons but my G9x is broken at the moment, currently fixing. Also Logitech G15 G-Keys.

Also I normally have Grid set up for the gap down the bottom.

Or healbot on my shammy

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Post  ineedtofu on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 am

"hold on ill log on and change my whole ui as well because i got trashed on?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:23 am

So why are you attacking the dummy from the front? do you have 54 expertise?
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawson on Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 am

Nice App
Dawson

Back to top Go down

Post  Filfa on Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:11 am

If you read my app then you would know why my ui looks different ... It's an old screenshot as I said I was unable to update it because my server was down... Not because I got "thrashed".

As for the training dummy ... It said in combat, and when was there a rule about taking screenshots attacking training dummies from the front on back ? :/

Filfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Fozby on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:01 pm

...just gonna decline u there Sad

your gear and progression is too low m8

Fozby
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content