[Accepted]Fubu apping - Boomkin or DK?

Go down

[Accepted]Fubu apping - Boomkin or DK?

Post  Fubu on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Player Information
Character Name: Hi guys, its Fubu. I am applying on either my Druid (boomkin) Fuju or Deathknight Bfu
Server: Barthilas
Current Guild: Warrior is in Proxy, druid still in Cross and Dk is guildless
Armory Link: Druid = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Fuju (Recently changed my name from Snugglet to Fuju)
Deathknight = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&cn=Bfu = Bfu (Recently changed my name from Rajpal to Bfu)

Druid
Talent Spec: 58/0/13 Moonkin
Explanation of your spec
Traditional Boomkin spec.
At the moment I have 1/2 in Balance of power. 2/2 in Gale Winds, and 1/5 in Genesis.
I don't need the hit at the moment. I have 2 points for imp hurricane for aoeing.
I may take the 2 points out of Gale Winds, insert one into Balance of Power making it 2/2 and 1 more into Genesis making it 2/5.
Those are the only changes I would may to my spec. Difference is not very large, unless i desperately need the 2% hit.

Explanation of your glyphs, gems and enchants:
Glyphs: Starfire, Starfall (win), Moonfire. Highest Dps output. These are the three glyph with the highest dps output.
Gems and enchants -
Combination of Runed Cardinal Ruby, Reckless Ametrine and Purified Dreadstones to meet the meta requirement and also to pick up extra sp where possible.
I am an enchanter/LW so bracer/ring SP enchants.

Offspec is resto. Equally as geared. Both specs about 6070 gearscore. I am equally as competent as resto and happy to heal if neccessary.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/i/fujuui.jpg/

Deathknight
Talent Spec: 0/17/54 (Unholy Dps spec) or 1/52/18 (Frost Dw Dps spec)
Explanation of your spec
The standard unholy/frost dps spec which is the best for unholy atm as opposed the unholy/blood spec. Pretty much the same for frost dw, people tend to make small variations, but the same core stuff is there
Explanation of your glyphs, gems and enchants:
Glyphs Unholy: Dark Death, Icy Touch, Disease. Frost: Disease, Frost Strike, Obilterate. Both these glyphs sets obtain maximum dps for their respective specs.
Gems and enchants -
I had been trying out blood and frost dw with full arp gemming, only getting up to 84% (frost or 94% for blood). I have since gone back to strength gems for unholy and maximum dps as frost, as i do not yet have the gear for arp frost/blood.
Standard enchants, I am an engineer so have those perks but my dks secondary profession atm is still mining.
Link to current UI screenshot (in combat): https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/i/bfuui.jpg/

What makes you an exceptional player?
Everyone in this guild more or less knows how to play their class. The rotation, the itemisation, the theorycraft etc.
At this level, what separates the good players and the exceptional players, is DPS uptime, spatial and situational awareness.
I believe that I can read the game well.

Player History

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft? I started a month before TBC was launched.
What is your raid experience? (Please go into detail on raid instances)

TBC
Played a mage on Blackrock cleared all content pre nerfs, whilst attunements were neccessary. (up2 Sunwell)
Then rolled my warrior here and cleared all content. (Up2 Sunwell)
Kara - clear
Gruuls/Mag - clear
SSC - cleared
TK - clear
MH - clear
BT - clear
ZA - got my bear.
Sunwell - 0 bosses. Guild took a break waiting for Wotlk.

Wotlk
Initally mained my druid as resto, was raid leading Tears Of Blood.
Naxx - clear
Sarth - Clear (3d in both)
Eoe - Clear
Ulduar - 10 (Cleared N and HM) 25 (Cleared N) [TOB stopped raiding - did not go into Ulduar HMS, formed a 10 man guild SSFP]
[Have since killed Yogg 0 Light and Algalon.]
TOC - 10 (Insanity) 25 (Cleared N)
ICC - 10 (11/12 HM) 25 (11/12 HM)
RS - 10 (N Cleared) 25 (N cleared)

Why did you leave your last guild or why are you leaving your current guild? Was a casual in cross, just doing 10 mans, came and joined Proxy in same respect
What other raiding guilds have you been a part of? Tears of Blood, Shadow Step Falcon Punch, Casual in cross, Casual in Proxy

Personal Facts

Real name (First name only): Dave
Location (Country + TIME ZONE please): Sydney
Regular play time: Basically on when I am not at Uni.
Can you make all the raid times (Wed/Thurs/Sun/Mon 6:30pm-9:30pm AEST. Farm content means considerably less raid days): yes

Joining Proxy
Why do you want to join Proxy? I just got a new computer and finally its time to raid.
How did you hear about us? Shambag
Are you friends with anyone in Proxy? (Knowing of a person or whispering them once does not mean they are your friend)
Shambag - Best mates irl
Bendher/Megarambo - raided with these nagas for a while now. Good blokes. (Tiger sings me lullabies - jealous much?)
Skitzone, Zuzua, Rezzlin
Most of the <Cross> guys
Gotten to know a few of the noctus/and new proxy people.

Can this person vouch for you? Yes
Why should we accept you into Proxy? Because I have always been a dedicated raider, and when I get back to form I believe that like shambag, I am an exceptional player.

Technical Requirements
Do you have Ventrilo? Yes
Do you have a mic and can talk if needed? Yes, recently bought a new headset with a clear mic.
List computer specs (just RAM, CPU, GFX Card): 8GB Ram, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.4 Ghz, Radeon 5770
Who is your ISP and how fast is your internet connection? Telstra bigpond cable
Do you disconnect often? No, usually wowtunnels crashing
Do you use other services like Lowerping, WoWTunnels, etc? WowTunnels

Other
WWS/WoL/WMO link of recent raids: n/a

If you are unable to do this, a screenshot of recount with your damage or healing breakdown (the pie graph) is sufficient.
[list][*]
I forgot to screenshot this, just wanted to get my app up. Will do if necessary.

Feel free to add any information that will help you with your application.
I have been wanting to raid for so long now, and would have been raiding with cross if I had been able to get a new computer earlier. It seems silly wanting to start now with the expac so close, however I will be playing the right up until the expac and am dieing to raid. I don't think there is room for it, but its worth mentioning, I am also happy to play my warrior, however I think there is a much greater demand for dk or boomkin.

Last edited by Fubu on Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Fubu

Back to top Go down

Re: [Accepted]Fubu apping - Boomkin or DK?

Post  Shambag on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:26 pm

This guy got me into this game, p much has taught me everything i know and is committed to raiding 100%.

He is one of the better allround players on the server, tank dps or heals.

+1 from me.

Shambag

Back to top Go down

Post  Spl on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:29 pm

hope he didn't teach you how to get hacked Laughing

good app and a good player, done a fair bit of 10man stuff with fubu and he's competent. gl m8 (good call going back to str gems on your dk)
Spl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tiger on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:30 pm

definitely a strong player, I've raided with Fubu since ulduar and achieved many things with him along with Megarambo, he's not someone you wanna pass up on

maybe a bit undergeared, but he'll pull his weight and more
Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post  Zuzua on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 pm

decent and dedicated player. raid along with less than 5 fps but still stood top on dps.
with the new computer, monster is coming.
+10
Zuzua

Back to top Go down

Post  hustle on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

WoOhWoOh!

FuBu Iz Da BeSt

WoRd Up PuNkS

hustle

Back to top Go down

Post  Skitzone on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Fubu wrote:
Why should we accept you into Proxy? Because I have always been a dedicated raider, and when I get back to form I believe that like shambag, I am an exceptional player.

like shambag eh.

HAAH

p.s great player

Back to top Go down

Post  firao on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:18 pm

This guy is pretty good.

firao

Back to top Go down

Post  megarambo on Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:39 am

one of the better players on the server no matter wat class / spec he plays mad not to take him with cata coming up dedicated players are always good _b
megarambo

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:39 am

You obviously don't know how to gem your dk and it is under geared.

First you are not gemming for correct socket bonuses and you are also using 10str 10crit gems rofl....
Secondly you have two expertise gems as unholy!?! Please explain why you are gemming your lowest statweight over strength.

If you cant give me a proper explanation for why you have done these things It will show me you know almost nothing about your unholy spec at all...

On a side note your Boomkin is also well under geared....

Last edited by Fuls on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : STOP EDITIN MY POSTS I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!)
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Fubu on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:22 am

Fuls wrote:You obviously don't know how to gem your dk and it is horribly under geared.

First you are not gemming for correct socket bonuses and you are also using 10str 10crit gems rofl....
Secondly you have two expertise gems as unholy!?! Please explain why you are gemming your lowest statweight over strength.

If you cant give me a proper explanation for why you have done these things It will show me you know almost nothing about your unholy spec at all...

On a side note your Boomkin is also well under geared....

Gear
Yes both of my characters are a little undergeared. This is because I have not been raiding 25 mans for a while now. I think I will do ok for my gear, and gearing up shouldn't be much of a problem.

Dks Gemming
I had been using the 2 20 expertise gems in my boots to get the soft cap for frost dw dps. I only just specced back to unholy as i got Byrntroll a few days ago. I have now changed them to 20 strength.

In regards to 10 strength and 10 crit gems, I had been basing that off Phuria from <adept> who uses 4 10 st 10 crit gems. However 10 strength and 10 haste gems are better. For my gear though, i think replacing the 10 crit 10 strength gems with 20 str gems is better, (which I have now done) because i currently only have 23 haste from the cloak enchant, as I do not have Winding Sheet or Scourge Reavers Legplates.
Fubu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuls on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:46 am

Fubu wrote:

Gear
Yes both of my characters are a little undergeared. This is because I have not been raiding 25 mans for a while now. I think I will do ok for my gear, and gearing up shouldn't be much of a problem.

Dks Gemming
I had been using the 2 20 expertise gems in my boots to get the soft cap for frost dw dps. I only just specced back to unholy as i got Byrntroll a few days ago. I have now changed them to 20 strength.

In regards to 10 strength and 10 crit gems, I had been basing that off Phuria from <adept> who uses 4 10 st 10 crit gems. However 10 strength and 10 haste gems are better. For my gear though, i think replacing the 10 crit 10 strength gems with 20 str gems is better, (which I have now done) because i currently only have 23 haste from the cloak enchant, as I do not have Winding Sheet or Scourge Reavers Legplates.

Gemming Haste+strength is still a higher dps gain in those current sockets over +20 strength where you are trying to get the most benefit out of your current spec with the icy talons haste proc, Phuria is wrong to use those gems.

StatWeights
Strength 3.10 = 62 per 20str
Haste 2.87 = 28.7 Per 10 Haste and 43.4 Per 14str With the socket bonus which = 72.1
Fuls

Back to top Go down

Post  Fubu on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:31 am

Fuls wrote:

Gemming Haste+strength is still a higher dps gain in those current sockets over +20 strength where you are trying to get the most benefit out of your current spec with the icy talons haste proc, Phuria is wrong to use those gems.

StatWeights
Strength 3.10 = 62 per 20str
Haste 2.87 = 28.7 Per 10 Haste and 43.4 Per 14str With the socket bonus which = 72.1

Ok, well have fixed my gemming. I did not know that was the case. Haven't really been theory crafting the past couple of months, and I'll be honest, I do not know my dk as well as my warrior or druid. I know in my app I said that at this level everyone knows how to play their class, the rotation and the itemisation and this would seem hypocritical. Regardless, i believe that I do know how to play my dk well, and that I am happy to play either class if accepted.
Fubu

Back to top Go down

Post  Roidzz on Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:27 am

Accepted for Trial Smile

Roidzz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down